• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition (PC) |OT| A Warrior's Death

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Story mode is surprisingly decent. Online netcode (local) felt good. I do have a slight problem... Sound seems to "echo" when playing online, not so for offline fighting. No clue why. Using 360 TE Stick. Seems like a fun game. Go it for 22 at GMG so even better!

shinjijai

i don't know why but this game runs like shit on my computer, sub 60 even at the lowest setting for everything.

i have a gtx 660, most games run 60fps+ at 1680... something is messed up.

I might be crazy enough to buy this game a 3rd time. I loved it that much.

Plus, Oh god I completely remember a lot of those MK4 endings! They were so bad. The game wasn't much better. That was the last time I touched a MK game until 9 brought me back.

shinjijai

Have you tried updating your drivers?

doing that now... i didn't bother to update the latest nvidia driver last time around because i heard there were some major issues. getting the beta drivers instead.

Edit: seems like i'm not the only one with this problem (checked out the steam discussion forum), i guess i'll have to wait for a patch.

antitrop

Plus, Oh god I completely remember a lot of those MK4 endings! They were so bad. The game wasn't much better. That was the last time I touched a MK game until 9 brought me back.
I think 4 is the one that put a lot of people off for a really long time. I share your story.

Khezu

I think 4 is the one that put a lot of people off for a really long time. I share your story.

4 was my favorite.

Wish they would have kept that formula and fixed what was wrong with 4, instead of scrapping everything and turning it into some weird soul calibur knockoff.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited for it. I almost jumped on the $22.50 price on GmG, but I have so many other games to finish right now so I decided to wait. Already bought it at full price for 360 and Vita, so I can wait a bit to grab it.

Part four was indeed garbage. I enjoyed up until Trilogy as a kid, but now going back I don't really care for part three even. There's one, two, and this as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited for it. I almost jumped on the $22.50 price on GmG, but I have so many other games to finish right now so I decided to wait. Already bought it at full price for 360 and Vita, so I can wait a bit to grab it.

Part four was indeed garbage. I enjoyed up until Trilogy as a kid, but now even going back I don't really care for part three even. There's one, two, and this as far as I'm concerned.

Same here, first two and this one really are the sweet-spot for me (I don't mind 3, it's just a little too different for my taste.)

And yeah I may have played a little Trilogy a little bit, but 4 really turned me off. I think the clunky 3d fighting mechanics and the random smattering of weapons that were thrown around didn't make it feel like MK game (or even a good one at that.) My friends loved the ps2/xbox games, but just didn't care to get back into it at that point. MK in 3D just never meshed well I felt.

...it has all the DLC.

How much should it be priced at? $7.50?

Well..that is 75% off. I confirm your maths are correct.

In all seriousness, if they priced it at $20 it would sell like crazy and I would buy it now.
Given I bought this day 1 for $60 and I still have it for my PS3...though better graphics and DLC characters might be nice, I'd rather take the money and spend it elsewhere. I'm sure this will drop within a month or two to $15-20. I'd wait.

Hmmm, I am super rusty and Injustice has my blocking all messed up. If anyone wants to get some fights in or start a KotH lobby, add me. I am probably one of the only Nightwolf mains playing on PC if I had to guess lol.

Steam- UserJuke

Also, netcode has been ass for me in the 20 fights ive had online. Could just be the people im playing though.

RM8

Downloading! ~45 minutes to go :D

I can't wait to play it in 720p glory because of my mediocre PC, lol.

antitrop

In all seriousness, if they priced it at $20 it would sell like crazy and I would buy it now.
Given I bought this day 1 for $60 and I still have it for my PS3...though better graphics and DLC characters might be nice, I'd rather take the money and spend it elsewhere. I'm sure this will drop within a month or two to $15-20. I'd wait.
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/mortal-kombat-komplete-edition/
Enter the code GMG25-BAWQB-8UQWG.
Can you overlook the $2.50?

EDIT: Nevermind, Dunder has a better deal, as always. Love him.

Downloading now

Haven't played an MK game since that first 3D one on PS2. Remember when I was about 10, MK Trilogy was the only PS1 game we had. Got ridiculous mileage out of that shit

catabarez

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=67731376

Jonm1010

Banned
No matter how many times I change the ini file to 1920/1080 it still launches at 720p. I can't explain how fucking annoying it is to buy a thirty dollar game only to have it not work properly.

catabarez

No matter how many times I change the ini file to 1920/1080 it still launches at 720p. I can't explain how fucking annoying it is to buy a thirty dollar game only to have it not work properly.

I had the same problem. I went to the properties of the game file and checked the box having to with the DPI settings.

Does the game recognize non-XInput controllers? My 360 pad is broken and I have a 2 year old Logitech USB controller that works and is generally better for fighting games.

This game game runs nice, damn game just crashed on me in story mode after my first fight with Sonya, the character switch ups in SM fucks with your head, got used to Cage then I have to run into the move list options to learn about Sonya...and after just 3 fights with Cage i can tell he's a cheap motherfucker and looks like he will be annoying to face online..

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Might double dip, played it on PS3 but never got any of the DLC characters, plus ...... mods.

What else does the Komplete edition add other than characters.

impact

Banned

I feel your pain. Low Voltage Studios shouldn't get any more work after butchering this and Zone of the Enders HD.

RM8

Is anyone else having issues with the diagonals? The game doesn't detect them on the d-pad, and I really don't want to play using the stick D:

I was considering buying this when it was actually released in Australia AND on PC but I'm getting a PS3 very soon so I might as well get it on that instead.

Are any of you attempting to play this with a keyboard?

Got it for $17 with the GMG code and some GMG credits. Can't argue with that. Game looks great! (everything maxxed)

i2Grj6Ta2poXs.jpg

ibdKETRC6LFBga.jpg

With the release of this and upcoming Skullgirls.

I hope this becomes a wake-up call for more fighting games to come on PC
King of Fighters and Guilty Gear please

@MUWANdo

Banned
With the release of this and upcoming Skullgirls.

I hope this becomes a wake-up call for more fighting games to come on PC
King of Fighters and Guilty Gear please

A few KOF games were on that big Steam leak from a few months back, the same one that first mentioned MK9 PC.

Haunted

Even if it's years late, I'm really surprised this came to PC at all, never expected Mortal Kombat to make the jump from consoles.

zainetor

Banned
netcode is as bad as the console one for me. Graphics are fine, but I cant select ssa on the graphical options, with my 7950. In the blacksmith stage, the fire in the background is low res, kinda ugly to look at.
Anyway, the competitive level is very low as I expected. Let's see if somebody can beat my sub-ghetto-zero :D

Top Bottom