• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition (PC) |OT| A Warrior's Death

Guys, her legs are still moving, the lava pours from his eyes, he freaks out as Striker plants the grenade, and they still scream even when Noob Saibot has split everything but their head in two. This stuff has always been 80's horror-level of silliness, nothing to get too upset about.

Is it me or is multiplayer:

A. completely dead
B. janky as hell?

Private matches seem completely busted. I create a private room - go to invite a friend - it tells me "Network connection lost" and then it won't let me get back into the online portion, I have to completely restart the game.

http://imgur.com/qvmQcqc

i also had a complete lockup and a visual studio error after trying to hit "invite" while creating a private match,

Mine just flat-out crashes to desktop as soon as I try to start a private match, visual runtime error or something like that. Any ranked/unranked matches I've played either had a two second delay or were barely playable, not a single smooth match so far. And there's a ton of people having a whole bunch of other problems on Steam's community hub.. Here's hoping for a patch.

I was having problems with private matches too. One way to get around it is to create the private match, then just have a friend join your session through their friends list and not use the in-game button prompt to invite friends.

Overall I'm disappointed with the online of the game. Not much better (and in some cases worse) than the console versions.

Hixx

The online is a fucking mess for me.

Today I've had 3 errors aside from the usual freeze when trying to create a public match.

I've ran out of memory (despite the game using like 400mb), had a runtime error (not seen one of these in years while gaming) and the last one straight up froze my pc as a whole.

And the connections are woeful. Very disappointed.

ViviOggi

I was having problems with private matches too. One way to get around it is to create the private match, then just have a friend join your session through their friends list and not use the in-game button prompt to invite friends.

That won't work, it crashes the exact moment I press the private match button.

red731

After whole day of rethinking if I should buy it or not I finaly caved in.
Game is downloading and I am pretty much looking forward to play it, after demo on ps3, again.

derFeef

A friend can invite, but it's horrible laggy (same territory) and the matches crash randomly.
Not a good port, at least regarding the online play - which is basically why I bought it.

Nabs

Were you guys able to do private matches last night?

yep. I just had to invite via steam using the drop down menu.

A friend can invite, but it's horrible laggy (same territory) and the matches crash randomly.
Not a good port, at least regarding the online play - which is basically why I bought it.

Maybe you guys have to open up some ports or something.

legacyzero

Banned
Story mode is great! And GOD I love the X-rays LOL

ibgtXWXbSpyc8E.png

ixdEDXnRSpkfK.png

schwupp

whats up with the fps in this game?
i get 15 FPS with an i5 2k - gtx 560.

[edit]
my bad - seems to be fine now.

Online was ass on consoles as well, they got everything right except fixing netcode, something I didnt really expect.

Is it just me, or are the Lobbies always empty? Everytime I have checked they have all been at 0 and searching for a match takes forever.

ViviOggi

Is it just me, or are the Lobbies always empty? Everytime I have checked they have all been at 0 and searching for a match takes forever.

I've seen several players on the Steam hub who apparently fixed that problem by changing their resolution from 1080p to 720p. Sure sounds like bogus, but who knows which kinds of bugs the Netherrealm guys managed to cram into the game when they couldn't even fix the netcode after all those years.

O.DOGG

No offense, but by buying it, you're still supporting the trend you disapprove of.

Yeah, sadly this is the state of affairs at the moment. I'd rather buy it and support the PC fighting game market so that hopefully more (preferably less violent) fighting games will be released in the future. Beggars can't be choosers and all that.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Isn't there a low violence option for the game? For some reason I remember that being the case in the xbox one but I could be wrong.

derFeef

I've seen several players on the Steam hub who apparently fixed that problem by changing their resolution from 1080p to 720p. Sure sounds like bogus, but who knows which kinds of bugs the Netherrealm guys managed to cram into the game when they couldn't even fix the netcode after all those years.

Which is great since there is no 720p option for 16:10 monitors. But still has black bars! lol what a mess. :/

Here's a really good thread to troubleshoot some of the more common issues with this game: http://steamcommunity.com/app/237110/discussions/0/864972399788803385/

Also, I'd love to see a mod project started for the PC version to add the following things:
- Higher Quality story movies from the PS3 version
- Vita exclusive skins. Most of these are palette swaps, although the UMK3 ninjas are basically MK3 Sub-Zero + a slightly modified version of Sub-Zero's main alt for his head. I think that Skarlett skin ended up being leaked at one point in one of the DLCs for 360. I guess Kenshi would be the only skin that would need to be built from scratch.
- Selectable Bosses

Khezu

Online is laggy as shit and feels like its barley held together by a string?

Yep, that's a pretty faithful port of the console version.

I still hope it sells well, I would love a port of Injustice.

That won't work, it crashes the exact moment I press the private match button.

Same for me too.

That sucks. Guess it's a different issue from mine, because my problem is when I hit the Friends button to invite (when I make a Private Match) it crashes, so I just let a friend join my session through their friends list. I'm still able to create the match though.

Yeah, online is about the same (or worse) than console as of right now. Can't say I'm surprised but it's a damn shame.

ACH1LL3US

I cant get the game to run at 1920 1080, my only option is 1280 720, my monitor is 1080p, i changed the ini file like the OP has, still doesnt work, any ideas??

ViviOggi

Guess I should have just waited one day. Primarily bought this for the multiplayer since I've already had my share of story/tower on 360, and I'm not even interested in an Injustice port. Does that one's netcode not suck total ass on consoles, by the way?

KoF XIII it is then...

antitrop

Does this game support Nvidia Surround? Or is 1920x1080 the max res?
Right now the game only supports 60Hz 16:9 resolutions. Hopefully they fix this soon.

As someone else said, it is clear that the game is running in Windowed Fullscreen, with no option for true Fullscreen.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Are you guys playing this with you keyboard? Is it possible to play with kb? :lol

I imagine it would work ok, MK is unique amongst fighting games for being designed around gamepads & D-pads, so special moves have no diagonal motions.

Salsa

Yes, Mortal Kombat has always had violent, gory fatalities but I don't think they were ever this gruesome. The ones quoted above are cartoony. Like someone posted previously, the bodies exploded into a shower of unnatural number of limbs and torsos in previous games. In MK9 the fatalities almost look real, and beyond that, the creators seem to have purposely gone out of their way to create imagery of shocking violence, which seems to be a trend in the industry and one I disapprove of. Well, some of the fatalities, anyway. And the X-Ray attacks. But I still like the game and look forward to playing it for many hours to come.

dude I dont particularly like the ultra-violence trend in recent games either but if there's gonna be a place for it it's fucking Mortal Kombat. No compaints here.

Unai

Guys, I have an xbox 360 controller, but I'm trying to use another controller here, which works just fine. Problem is, the controller is a Wii Classic Controller Pro and the buttons show on windows and at the game as 1. 2.3...16. Is there a way to rename these buttons so windows will recognize them as letters or something?

It is really confusing trying to remember the buttons number.

Salsa

360 pad analog stick is fucking terrible in menus. It moves all over the place, I need to use the d-pad. I think it just has no deadzone

360 pad analog stick is fucking terrible in menus. It moves all over the place, I need to use the d-pad. I think it just has no deadzone

The default deadzone for the 360 analog stick is pretty damn bad (too small) in this game. The slightest nudge and the selection cursor will move.

You can see it even more clearly when you navigate the Nekropolis to view character bios and models. In the model viewer, they start to rotate when I just slightly move the stick.

Had to use the dpad as well.

Online is laggy as shit and feels like its barley held together by a string?

Yep, that's a pretty faithful port of the console version.

I still hope it sells well, I would love a port of Injustice.

Injustice has shipped over 1 million units globally I seem to recall hector saying they would look at both Vita and PC ports if it sold well. Hopefully they are happy with 1 million.

Its clear that DLC has went down an absolute storm with the community since they are pushing Season Pass 2.

I'm expecting a "Regime" (See: GOTY) edition sometime in the not too distant future most likely for holiday 2013 launch it would be nice if that got ported to PC and Vita come 2014. I'll be repurchasing MK on steam as soon as I have money. I already own PS3, PSVita and Xbox 360 versions of it.

Top Bottom