• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition (PC) |OT| A Warrior's Death

It's the best selling game on Steam right now.

ubzCsV2.jpg

FFVII just took the top spot

Masaki_

MK9 has the best fatalities in the series, I'll give 'em that. 3D MK games had funny-looking fatalities and 9 corrected that.

I've held out on getting MK9 so far, but I might bite soon now that it's fully featured and on PC.

That's disgusting. Why do they need to go there? Mortal Kombat has always had violence but it was never this... gruesome. I don't like it.
Don't you just miss the days of people exploding into three ribcages, five femurs, six feet, a four forearms and a few skulls?

Skab

Man I was already ready to go buy this but then realized it wont run on XP.

I should really get around to finding a copy of Windows 7.

Just got this.

Runs brilliantly well on my underspecced ancient laptop that's going on 5 years old soon. So it should fly on any recently made PC and/or laptop. Caveat being that you don't have a switchable graphics device (like Optimus)

The minimum specs are bullshit lol. Recommended specs are for those who wish to max the game out completely (a 6950 would be overkill for this UE3 game)

Since this game was designed to run on frigging low end consoles (as of this year) at 720p 60 FPS, it'd obviously be even better when translated to PC specs to attain the same performance.

My specs:-

Intel Core 2 Duo t9550 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1 GB
8 GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 x64 SP1

Runs at 60 fps everywhere, 1600x900 resolution, Textures High, Shadows High, Texture Filtering at 16xAF, AA = 2XMSAA (FXAA is a lot heavier on my framerate for some reason) and Trans AA = OFF.

You can get a lot of mileage from ancient cards buy lowering down that AA.

The initial system scan for optimal graphics was quite annoying though. Took 5 minutes before it decided to leave my system at 720p (WUT? LOL!).

Jacked it right back up. No loss of FPS seen. Only thing missing seems to be the Vsync option in the graphics settings.

Seems to use some DX10 features in UE3 (i.e. MSAA in a UE3 game is quite unusual, and only previously present in a select few games, e.g. Gears Of War which supported DX10 MSAA also), why else would XP not be supported?

shinjijai

not sure if anybody else had the slo mo problem, but i found my issue. i had adaptive vync (half refresh) turned on, not sure why i had that on, but i did. i changed that, and now the game is running super smooth.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
Such an amazing port, it runs perfectly fine all maxed out and it looks a lot better than consoles
The only negative thing is that the cutscenes are in low resolution.
I'm having a little difficulty trying to play with the 360 gamepad. I'm more used to playing it with the PS3 gamepad. I guess its time to sell the PS3 version now that we know that the PC version is the best version. I'll miss Kratos though. :(

Btw, i couldn't find people online, all the rooms are empty.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
how is the netcode on both this and consoles?

ChapaNDJ

Banned
how is the netcode on both this and consoles?

In console it was a laggy mess for me, on PC i only played 1 online match and it was less laggy and more playable. I think they improved it a little.

However, i'm having problem finding people online and judging by the threads in Steam, looks like i'm ot the only one.

Does this game run at 120fps or is it capped at 60?

Steady 60fps for me, no idea if it can go higher.

In console it was a laggy mess for me, on PC i only played 1 online match and it was less laggy and more playable. I think they improved it a little.

However, i'm having problem finding people online and judging by the threads in Steam, looks like i'm ot the only one.

Steady 60fps for me, no idea if it can go higher.

It's the "go higher" part I'm unclear about :)

nin1000

Banned
Sadly i am living in germany and not able to get it through steam : (
is there any way to get to the game ? Besides impoirting the retail version ?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Had a weird issue during nightwolf / scorpion fight in story mode where the gameplay was becoming slow...

The framerate was still high but the game was playing at like at half speed. Really bizarre.

SUPARSTARX

Damn, $30. Too expensive. I'll wait for a deal to get it later in the future.

It's $10 on PSN right now I think. $5 for PS+ on the Vita version

FYC

Banned
I for one think the fatalities could be even more brutal. Play Suffocation in the background while the animation is running while they're at it.

Really want to try this game, I grew up on MK. Gonna look into it when I have the money. Great OT Anti.

C-Sword

Computer noob here. Will my 2011 macbook pro be able to run this properly if I bootcamp it?

Sad to hear that the netcode isn't much better than on consoles.

ViviOggi

Sadly i am living in germany and not able to get it through steam : (
is there any way to get to the game ? Besides impoirting the retail version ?

I've got my key from Green Man Gaming a few days ago (with some coupon it was ~22€), but I've heard that they've started to not let you purchase MK with a German IP. You can check any other store though, Amazon.com for example. You just need a credit card and you'll have to enter a valid US address, as long as you're only purchasing digital goods you're absolutely fine.

O.DOGG

what the fuck are you talking about

c14NTJR.gif

006WWd9.gif

lol wat. This is the series that forced the creation of the ESRB.

Yes, Mortal Kombat has always had violent, gory fatalities but I don't think they were ever this gruesome. The ones quoted above are cartoony. Like someone posted previously, the bodies exploded into a shower of unnatural number of limbs and torsos in previous games. In MK9 the fatalities almost look real, and beyond that, the creators seem to have purposely gone out of their way to create imagery of shocking violence, which seems to be a trend in the industry and one I disapprove of. Well, some of the fatalities, anyway. And the X-Ray attacks. But I still like the game and look forward to playing it for many hours to come.

YoThatLimp

Neo Member
Is it me or is multiplayer:

A. completely dead
B. janky as hell?

Private matches seem completely busted. I create a private room - go to invite a friend - it tells me "Network connection lost" and then it won't let me get back into the online portion, I have to completely restart the game.

http://imgur.com/qvmQcqc

i also had a complete lockup and a visual studio error after trying to hit "invite" while creating a private match,

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

A. completely dead
B. janky as hell?

It was good for me last night. Doing all private matches, and we left the lobby multiple times to mess around with settings. That was last night, though. I haven't played it since.

ViviOggi

A. completely dead
B. janky as hell?

Private matches seem completely busted. I create a private room - go to invite a friend - it tells me "Network connection lost" and then it won't let me get back into the online portion, I have to completely restart the game.

http://imgur.com/qvmQcqc

i also had a complete lockuo and a visual studio error after trying to hit "invite" while creating a private match,

Mine just flat-out crashes to desktop as soon as I try to start a private match, visual runtime error or something like that. Any ranked/unranked matches I've played either had a two second delay or were barely playable, not a single smooth match so far. And there's a ton of people having a whole bunch of other problems on Steam's community hub.. Here's hoping for a patch.

sleepykyo

Yes, Mortal Kombat has always had violent, gory fatalities but I don't think they were ever this gruesome. The ones quoted above are cartoony. Like someone posted previously, the bodies exploded into a shower of unnatural number of limbs and torsos in previous games. In MK9 the fatalities almost look real, and beyond that, the creators seem to have purposely gone out of their way to create imagery of shocking violence, which seems to be a trend in the industry and one I disapprove of. Well, some of the fatalities, anyway. And the X-Ray attacks. But I still like the game and look forward to playing it for many hours to come.

I think they were equally gruesome, but possibly less cruel (though Kitana's kiss was pretty cruel). ie. Kung Lao went from a quick slash to slow drag across a buzzsaw. Noob's wishbone.

It was kind of given that it would happen though. Simple decaps aren't to cut it post Gears and Tomb Raider going M rated.

RM8

As someone who grew up with MK (MKII being my first PC and SNES game :p), yeah, because of obviously more capable hardware some of the fatalities are a bit too much for me :p Not a "OMG I won't play this!" situation, but an "I wish it wasn't so gross, lol" situation.

VashTS

If anything I see the older game as being more violent based on the fact that it consisted of digitized actors (pictures of real people) as apposed to stylized 2d sprites or 3d models.

It's too bad MK for PC is a lil too late. At this point they should have just released Injustice.

vg260

No offense, but by buying it, you're still supporting the trend you disapprove of.

Korezo

Really? I remember when MK9 came out on ps3 I thought the fatalities weren't even bad. The only one that was nasty is the kung Lao one where he puts his hat spinning in the ground then pulls you up and splits you in half.

Top Bottom