• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition (PC) |OT| A Warrior's Death

Sounds like it was suposed to be DLC. This is just piracy.

There was never DLC to play the bosses in the console version, and there have been no gameplay related changes or bonus features in the PC port, so I'm sure that NRS just scrapped the idea of DLC playable bosses in development, or put them in the DLC slots so they could select them themselves internally for testing.

I don't think they're even planning any more DLCs for this 2 year old KOMPLETE EDITION of the game on Steam.

NRS is all about Injustice right now.

Any hidden discoveries brought to light by the modders on their personally purchased copy of the game at this point is fair game and already within the game files waiting to be unearthed. There is absolutely no potential financial loss for NRS at this moment if those characters were made playable.

Think long and hard about what you just typed, shuri.

Khezu

Ya, they are not, nor were they ever going to be DLC.

You can even play as Goro in the challenge tower for one mission.

They weren't made playable in the console version because they're not real characters, from the start they were designed to just be annoyingly cheap bosses. They can't jump, they have very few normal attacks, and no real combo potential.

They are just not very fun to play as, unless you get joy from annoying people.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

How does it sound like it was supposed to be DLC?

There was never DLC to play the bosses in the console version, and there have been no gameplay related changes or bonus features in the PC port, so I'm sure that NRS just scrapped the idea of DLC playable bosses in development, or put them in the DLC slots so they could select them themselves internally for testing.

They weren't in the DLC slots originally. The modder who added them into the game modified it so that he could force them into the slots. You can see from their character image that comes up when you highlight them that it clearly isn't the same kind as the other fighters.

I wouldn't worry about the bosses at all, they weren't dlc for the console and they aren't going to be dlc for this port.

Hell, I think I saw one of the NRS guys retweet a link to that MK9 story mode "movie" compilation once. If they don't even mind one of their selling points being doled out for free then a mod for a feature that was never going to happen is fine.

fleck0

Shao Kahn=cheap boss plus you have to use GARBAGE Liu Kang..give me Kung Lao...

Throw that cheapness right back in his stupid face. If you get on a good rhythm you can pelt him over and over with 'low fireballs' and you'll repeatedly duck under his spears. When he's winding up a hammer use the enhanced version and you'll go under that too.

-MD-

So has there been any word on a fix to this online lag? Seems kind of silly to go through the trouble of porting it just to give us a broken game.

Anyone message Boon about it?

impact

Banned
So has there been any word on a fix to this online lag? Seems kind of silly to go through the trouble of porting it just to give us a broken game.

I've tweeted Boon, Low Voltage Studios and that hector guy from NRS with no response. They got our money already, they don't give a fuck if the game works or not.

-MD-

I've tweeted Boon, Low Voltage Studios and that hector guy from NRS with no response. They got our money already, they don't give a fuck if the game works or not.

Well thanks for your effort anyways. Such a shame.

Unai

Mortal Kombat bosses are suposed to be cheap unbalanced jerks. That's the fun of them. It wouldn't fell like Mortal Kombat if the bosses were just like Bison or your average fighting game boss.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

I heard they couldn't fix it in Injustice either. Just have to cross their fingers that they'll use something like GGPO next gen.

I've actually had a few online matches with good connections, but there aren't enough people playing online on the PC. Just have to hope that one of the 12 lives close to you.

I think unbalanced is a terrible way of putting it. There's always a way to exploit bosses which you need to learn from your own progressing and that's an ideal teaching process for multiplayer where you need to find ways to exploit your opponents weakness/habits to win.

Khezu

I heard they couldn't fix it in Injustice either. Just have to cross their fingers that they'll use something like GGPO next gen.

I've actually had a few online matches with good connections, but there aren't enough people playing online on the PC. Just have to hope that one of the 12 lives close to you.

Injustice's online is a lot better then MK's, its still not very good, but it's a lot more stable. You don't randomly DC every 3rd match, still has input lag, but its not as bad, and can actually get used to it, unlike MK where 70% of matches are just straight unplayable.

Hopefully with stronger systems with more ram, rollback netcode will be easier to implement.

Salsa

I played with someone from my own country for the first time and I gotta say it was.. serviceable. I was expecting worse cause of the netcode. There were lag spikes and sometimes it would crawl to like 3 fps for a couple seconds, but it's night and day compared to playing anyone from ANYWHERE other than here.

Still bummed tho. I'd be playing this nonstop if the online was better.

Unai

I think unbalanced is a terrible way of putting it. There's always a way to exploit bosses which you need to learn from your own progressing and that's an ideal teaching process for multiplayer where you need to find ways to exploit your opponents weakness/habits to win.

I couldn't say it better. (and I didn't :/ )

mr stroke

I played with someone from my own country for the first time and I gotta say it was.. serviceable. I was expecting worse cause of the netcode. There were lag spikes and sometimes it would crawl to like 3 fps for a couple seconds, but it's night and day compared to playing anyone from ANYWHERE other than here.

Still bummed tho. I'd be playing this nonstop if the online was better.

Sucks to hear :(

Anyone know if the Lag is as bad as consoles were(75% of the time unplayable)

shaowebb

It'd be cool to see MK9 pick up again after this enough to squeak out one more EVO next year. There is VERY little chance of it though, but DAMN was Top 8 ever a rollercoaster of exciting play for MK9 at EVO last night.

Anyone know if there is an unpacker for MK9 on the PC to grant folks access to the character model .3DS files? (or .mb or whatever)

I really wanna do a few model repair jobs to fix some of the more hit or miss models for this game now that its PC. Liu Kang in particular.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I made my own little texture mod as a test.

Purple reptile!

mkke_2013_07_16_23_33_12_76_by_alo81-d6dtmkm.jpg

mr stroke

So I finally started playing this today and while it looks amazing vs the 360 version. Why can't I find a game online, no ranked matches and empty lobbies.

Is there really zero online community for this game :(

impact

Banned
So I finally started playing this today and while it looks amazing vs the 360 version. Why can't I find a game online, no ranked matches and empty lobbies.

Is there really zero online community for this game :(

That's what happens when the port is shitty and doesn't get patched. I went on yesterday and one person was online. ONE PERSON. I tried playing and it was a Noob Saibot spamming the usual in unplayable lag. I can't even begin to describe how fun it was.

LordK

Is it at all possible to run this at greater than 1920x1200? I've tried changing the ini file to my retina resolution and only get 1920.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Is it at all possible to run this at greater than 1920x1200? I've tried changing the ini file to my retina resolution and only get 1920.

The resolution you set it to MUST have at least a 60hz refresh rate.

So set the INI to your desired 60hz refresh rate. Then, manually set your desktop resolution to the resolution you put into the INI file. Then launch the game and you should be golden.

LordK

Pretty sure the retina at 2880x1800 is 60 hz :/. I can try on my desktop computer where I can set up some absurd resolutions.

VariantX

I kind of find it hilarious that people with a little know how can take time make better pallete swaps of characters than NRS ever did. Mirror matches with certain characters were always a pain in the ass for me in mk games. Scorpion vs. Slightly darker Scorpion...

Top Bottom