• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition (PC) |OT| A Warrior's Death

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
mkke_2013_07_03_14_46_38_62_1_by_alo81-d6bufbb.jpg

stomach_plug_3271.jpg

zainetor

Banned
i'm using the silver 360pad, with rotating d-pad and it's fine.
online is literally shit. It's worse than the one on consoles and that's saying a lot.

Hmm.. I've just noticed an issue with the game that didn't pop up in previous loads.

The framerate really plummets at the Character Select screen some times (to the 20s and teens), it gets really sluggish to select the characters, but once you're clear of that part, it goes straight back to 60 FPS.

Carm

So, the 360 d-pad obviously sucks, even worse pushing right, tends to do a forward jump on my old controller. I've never liked sticks so that option is out, I'm looking at those madcatz sf vs tekken controllers but I keep reading the d-pad eventually goes out.

I thought I had a perfect solution since I have a Saturn pad. While it does work in game, I've run into a problem. The start button gets assigned to back instead of pause. Game reads Pause as button 10, which doesn't exist on the pad. You can't switch it, because the game will not save the configuration if a button is left unassigned.

Is there some way to have the Saturn pad start button be considered the 10th button instead of 9th, without having to download some unofficial drivers?

Salsa

So, the 360 d-pad obviously sucks, even worse pushing right, tends to do a forward jump on my old controller. I've never liked sticks so that option is out, I'm looking at those madcatz sf vs tekken controllers but I keep reading the d-pad eventually goes out.

I thought I had a perfect solution since I have a Saturn pad. While it does work in game, I've run into a problem, the start button gets assigned to back instead of pause. Game reads Pause as button 10, which doesn't exist on the pad. You can't switch it, because the game will not save the configuration if a button is left unassigned.

Is there some way to have the Saturn pad start button be considered the 10th button instead of 9th, without having to download some unofficial drivers?

honestly im having a near perfect experience with the 360 analog stick in terms of what I want to pull off. Im getting a brawl stick but mostly for Skullgirls and KOF. Will use it with MK as well but the game seems much more fitting design-wise to play on a regular gamepad than something like street fighter

red731

I can't survive the horde tag challenge because I can't fuckin shoot or throw fireballs.
Fuckin xbox gamepad. It really sucks for this. Back to tutorial to practice - this won't let me down...

ed:After another tries

Completely forgot I had this when I bought the ps3 tournament edition...so silly (I have a room full of games and gaming stuff so its easy to forget)

5516101729_702ff419e3_z.jpg

so far so good-

Whenever I try to run this, I get this error:

"Application Error - D3D Error: Your monitor's aspect ration of 683:384 is incompatible with this game."

And

"Graphics card not supported - Your system does not have sufficient video memory to play this game. Please exit some applications and try again."

I have a Geforce GT 635M, Intel i5 @ 2.5 ghz, and 6GB of RAM. Is this a common error?

Arukado

"Application Error - D3D Error: Your monitor's aspect ration of 683:384 is incompatible with this game."

And

"Graphics card not supported - Your system does not have sufficient video memory to play this game. Please exit some applications and try again."

I have a Geforce GT 635M, Intel i5 @ 2.5 ghz, and 6GB of RAM. Is this a common error?
Try this:
You only have to Open Nvidia Control Panel, then in Manage 3D Settings, (in Global Configuration Tab), choose the Nvidia GPU as the default GPU, save and then try to run the game again.

It's incredible how difficult the Story Mode is, even on Normal.

I don't usually like that much difficulty but I think the difficulty made the story mode shine though. Once you finished it, you really felt like you accomplished something, and you had learned how to use several characters pretty well. I think it took my like a total of 8 hours or so to go through it originally? In comparison, I blew through the Injustice Story mode in 4 hours because they dumbed it down, and I felt like I learned nothing about any one character because I kind of just mashed my way through the fights.

paile

Banned
Playing online went rather well. Vast majority of PC players are nubs though. I mean, when I played the 360 version online I found it rather tough. This time though I'm doing quite alright, I mean 11-0 and I'm hardly good when it comes to fighters.

I wish I had more modding knowledge-- this game is probably very easy to mod given the mods people did to the console versions. The coalesced.ini file seems to be encrypted and I think that might be where you might be able to add stuff like extra slots for characters and skins, but I'm not 100% sure. Also looks like the files might be similar to the console versions based on what I read on another forum. I wouldn't be shocked if someone was able to plug in Kratos into the PC version for example.

Quan-Chi looks just like Kratos anyway lol. I actually thought it was him at first, like a cameo character.

E: or wait, was that your point?

No, Kratos was a character on the PS3 version. If someone figures out the way to add extra characters to the DLC portion on PC, then I'm guessing you could just plug in those files from the PS3 version.

What I'd really want though is the ability to have people make mods to add the Vita Exclusive skins into the PC version. MK2 male Ninjas, MK2 female Ninjas and UMK3 female Ninjas would be fairly easy as they'd just be palette swaps. For UMK3 male Ninjas, it would take modifying the MK3 Sub-Zero model to add a mask.

Dantard

Neo Member

And

You probably have the same problem me and impact had (and every single other dual card/nvidia optimus owner had). If that's the case, here's the solution I found, I'm pretty sure it'll work: (impact verified it worked for him as well)

POSSIBLE SOLUTION FOR YOUR PROBLEM: (I came up with it after seeing some posts with the dxdiag.txt set to 1024 trick on steam forums, like you probably did)

Ohhh I had the same problem with my laptop only recognizing my Intel integrated card instead of my Geforce GT525M. Here's a rundown of what I did:

The problem is that the game uses the Directx Diagnostic to figure out what card you have and on double cards the tool only recognizes the integrated one (you can see it for yourself by typing "dxdiag" into start -> run)

Now, here's the thing, you can put all your card's specifications into the game's dxdiag.txt file (it's located into User/AppData/Roaming/MKKE for others that see this and don't know) instead of the integrated specifications that appear and it will work fine! (I set the file to read-only to make sure)

Now, here's the sorta tricky part: how do you figure all those complicated parts of the specification? (dll files used, deinterlace caps etc.)

Here's my trick: having used the laptop connected to a TV or second monitor, even when you unplug it, you can right-click your desktop and choose to change resolution, THEN IS THE TRICK, it should show other monitors, "activate" them all by clicking them and choosing "extend desktop to this display"

Now, go to dxdiag tool again and you'll see the various displays, one of them will have been assigned you real non-intel GPU, now choose "save all information" and you'll have a new dxdiag.txt. Now, copy the information from you card into the appropriate places in the MKKE directory's dxdiag.txt (don't just copy the file!) AND DONE! Game should run with your card! Woot! Hope this works for you as it did for me!

Got a second bluetooth dongle to devote to an old sixaxis controller. I now have an acceptable dpad on a wireless controller and no messy motionjoy. I'll have to pick this up now when the price is right.

someone should import the models from the past Mortal Kombat games for shits and giggles. I would love to see Deadly Alliance Sub-Zero's model in this game:

mkdamk3subzero.jpg

nah, it needs the old man frost hahaha. a quick google search shows that people already have been importing the PS2 MK game models onto PC 3D rendering programs and stuff, so maybe it's possible after all:

probably a lot of work to get it to match the in game skeleton though

That one you quoted is the one from MK vs DC. I wouldn't be surprised if it already isn't in a format that would be easy to import.

From what I gather right now there are two stumbling blocks for modding btw. One is that the textures are stored in a slightly different format from PS3, but I think people have already figured out how to import new textures and someone just needs to release a new tool. The other is the encrypted coalesced.ini file.

Care to share how you accomplished this? =o

I'm using this drive for the sixaxis:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

The problem with this piece of software is that it has to take over an entire bluetooth adapter for the PS3 controller and it isn't compatible with all bluetooth adapters. I use a second bluetooth keyboard in my living room so I needed to buy a second compatible bluetooth adapter just for the sixaxis controller. I bought this adapter because it's highly rated and suggested by the developer of this particular software:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009ZIILLI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Now it works just like you'd want it to. I use the PS button to turn it on and it connects. I hold L1 R1 and the PS button to disconnect.

I followed the instructions as the dev laid them out but it only worked when I checked the "Force Install" checkbox even though the instructions tell you not to for Windows 7.

Top Bottom