• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Jesus Christ... Hard mode in the tower is insane. Absolutely ridiculous. O___O

Been trying to beat Kung Jin (this motherfucker has to be considered God-tier in this game) for the last 45 minutes. Hats off to folks who can fuck with this mode and very hard. Salute.

Femto.

Hey KombatGAF,

I played MK9 with a game pad and got descent with it. I didn't own my first fight stick until much later since I got even more invested into fighters. I'm currently practicing using a stick in MKX but using a block button on a stick feels...awkward? I wouldn't play any other fighter with a gamepad, but for some reason I feel gimped using a stick in MK.

Is MK better suited for controllers/pads? Or should I just keep practicing until the growing pains go away? Anyone else using a stick?

Salty rant/desperate plea for help incoming:

I HATE the way this game registers special move inputs... I can't count the number of times I've tried to go from a low block to a forward attack and had it register as a special move. It get's me killed way too often and I'm not really sure how to adjust.

Also, maybe someone can help me here, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to utilize mixups in this game. It seems like most characters I've tried can't really do much with low attacks. I'm currently using Kung Lao, and just getting completely demolished online. This being my first MK game, I don't really know how to go about improving...

Bah, I think i'm done playing for tonight. I'm getting too salty with these losses and having no clue how to get better.

You check the settings yet? You can choose to have the inputs require diagonal pressing(assuming this means like SF), and you can also toggle Negative Edge(how buttons work with special moves).

Louis010

Banned
Is Test Your Might actually beatable? I can press extremely fast and I am not even getting close.

I found it pretty easy but I can make my hand spasm on the buttons really fast. The hardest part is pressing the trigger at the right time. I can definitely see how people struggle on it, there's quite a few ways to cheat on it, maybe try one of those if your just doing it for the costume.

Salty rant/desperate plea for help incoming:

I HATE the way this game registers special move inputs... I can't count the number of times I've tried to go from a low block to a forward attack and had it register as a special move. It get's me killed way too often and I'm not really sure how to adjust.

You can turn off simplified commands, which cause you to do that

Anyone know what the latest patch does?

Here you go.

Version 1.02
11061003_10200581410693623_6162383762190939513_o.jpg

Jesus Christ... Hard mode in the tower is insane. Absolutely ridiculous. O___O

Been trying to beat Kung Jin (this motherfucker has to be considered God-tier in this game) for the last 45 minutes. Hats off to folks who can fuck with this mode and very hard. Salute.

Yeah Kung Jin and Sub Zero are the worst in hard mode. So many lows, and once you're in the corner it's over. The whole wake up system goes out the window when the AI will counter any option you go for 100% of the time.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
JUST BEAT THIS FUCKER! YES!

Literally the last match before bed, zero fucks given, got it done. Hahahahahaha

You're damn right I saved that shit to share play too. I'd hang this victory on my wall if I could.

Again, one more time, for absolute emphasis:

FUCK YOU KUNG JIN. FUCK. YOU.

ldcommando

Banned
JUST BEAT THIS FUCKER! YES!

Literally the last match before bed, zero fucks given, got it done. Hahahahahaha

You're damn right I saved that shit to share play too. I'd hang this victory on my wall if I could.

Again, one more time, for absolute emphasis:

FUCK YOU KUNG JIN. FUCK. YOU.

Avoid very hard mode at all costs. It's some next level mind reading stuff.

T.O.P

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;160617706 said:
Heard some say the patch has improved online a bit.
Max is playing some matches with a guy that's in Hawaii and says it feels great.

pls be true D:

First Mortal Kombat game and while I am finding it tough (coming from Street Fighter and Killer Instinct) I am determined to stick with it.

Struggling to decide between Sub-Zero and Scorpion. Always favoured the former in my head but the latter feels a little easier easier to use.

Any advice on who I should pick and why?

Dr. Buni

I hate my internet so much. Only half the patch downloaded so far ~________~

For those who downloaded it already, did they add the "walking away" animation to the character select screen?

Anyone got pics of Vampiress Mileena? will buy her right now if its good.
Just beat a 130/23 ranked scorpion player, apparently only 23 people he fighted know how to block.....

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone have luck performing Shinnok's 2nd fatality without the use of an easy fatality coin? Tried practicing it but kept failing

Thats the up down up down block yeah?

Hold block until the last prompt then release and click again. Took me a few goes but once you get the timing it's simple.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man these MK story modes are quite something arent they?

So are all these costumes we are seeing in story mode unlockable?
Younger Cage, plain white Raiden, corrupted Jax (that one was sweet), etc
. Be a waste if they werent

On the technical front, I am sorry for those having problems with the PC version, I really am, but the game runs perfectly for me (in story mode at least) :/

No dips in any stage / chapter so far, no crashes, nothing. Well except the whole xrays or whatever cutscene being 30fps but we know that already

I hate my internet so much. Only half the patch downloaded so far ~________~

For those who downloaded it already, did they add the "walking away" animation to the character select screen?

oh is that a thing? no, the character select screen is better now (of all the things to have perfornace issues lol), but theres still a annoying pause every time you switch to another character, and they just disapear, they dont walk away. at least its not running at 10fps anymore

Dr. Buni

man these MK story modes are quite something arent they?

So are all these costumes we are seeing in story mode unlockable?
Younger Cage, plain white Raiden, corrupted Jax (that one was sweet), etc
. Be a waste if they werent

On the technical front, I am sorry for those having problems with the PC version, I really am, but the game runs perfectly for me (in story mode at least) :/

No dips in any stage / chapter so far, no crashes, nothing. Well except the whole xrays or whatever cutscene being 30fps but we know that already

oh is that a thing? no, the character select screen is better now (of all the things to have perfornace issues lol), but theres still a annoying pause every time you switch to another character, and they just disapear, they dont walk away. at least its not running at 10fps anymore
Yes, those alts are unlockable. Can't wait to unlock revenant Liu Kang!

In the console version, the characters walk away from each other after you select them. In the PC, that was cut for whatever reason. But it's good to know the CSS framerate was improved at least. Although I hope I am not downloading 15GB only for a little CSS improvement.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wasnt there someone floating a mobile game account with everything unlocked the other day? is that still around?

Rhaknar

I have the Kombat pack and no Jason so not yet

The story mode is awesome, im on chapter 3 and i really digging so far.
All those cutscenes fights .....love it.

Kung Jin is really a douche bag lol

ohh man i really want a new MK movie.

Rhaknar

Hurts to love mk so much but suck at it lol.

im not even gonna touch online unless its against people I know who are as bad as me. Im still stuck in the 90s where I know how to sweep, uppercut and do special moves, and thats it. Still fun tho.

I never played the MK9 story mode, got half a mind to download the game again and just set it to very easy and cruise through the story

zogged

Ok I just had to download a 15 gig update off steam, anyone know what that's about? There doesn't seem to be any patch notes on the store page.

So I launched STeam today to see there's a Mortal Kombat patch... and it's 15.4GB?

Surely something is wrong here. I'm downloading half the game again!

All the install packs still say they're installed

Dr. Buni

Ok I just had to download a 15 gig update off steam, anyone know what that's about? There doesn't seem to be any patch notes on the store page.

So I launched STeam today to see there's a Mortal Kombat patch... and it's 15.4GB?

Surely something is wrong here. I'm downloading half the game again!

All the install packs still say they're installed
Supposedly the patch improves the performance of the game. We also got 10.000 koins for free.
We truly appreciate your patience as we worked through Tuesday’s launch issues with the PC version of the game. Giving our fans a fun and smooth experience is very important to us, and as a thank you, we will be granting an extra 10,000 Krypt Koins to all PC players. This will appear the next time you load the game and will allow you to immediately unlock multiple premium Krypt items such as Skins, Fatalities, Brutalities, and more.

In addition, we are releasing a performance optimization update that will address the following:
Optimized shaders to improve graphics performance
Fixed an issue to prevent replays from using up too much hard drive storage space
Thank you again and we hope you are enjoying the game.

Carm

Game finally downloaded/installed on PS4, pulled newest update, still fucking broken and crashing upon start up.

zogged

Supposedly the patch improves the performance of the game. We also got 10.000 koins for free.

Man, when I read about that patch I was expecting something around a couple of gigs, definitely not something of that size. Guess there was a lot that had to be fixed. I just finished installing it so hopefully the little common bugs like the character intros stuttering are gonna be gone.

Top Bottom