• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
No kidding, I was excited when I first read Kraken Reptile, thinking they were gonna fannangle a Cthulhu face onto him. Really did not expect the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

It was obviously going to be the Creature from the Black Lagoon. I mean Vampiress Mileena? Pharaoh Ermac? Classic Universal monsters skin pack was totally obvious from the Horror Pack description.

And all 3 skins are looking great. Shame I'm thinking of dropping Mileena though. She's just too weak.

Does NRS not want free money by not releasing a human Reptile? Not a klassic skin, but an updated version of some sort (see: my avatar).

At the same time, that live action MK2 commercial makes it clear that the idea of a scaly, reptilian Rep was always meant to be a thing. But still, a human form hiding among the the ranks of his enemies could have been cool.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Does NRS not want free money by not releasing a human Reptile? Not a klassic skin, but an updated version of some sort (see: my avatar).

At the same time, that live action MK2 commercial makes it clear that the idea of a scaly, reptilian Rep was always meant to be a thing. But still, a human form hiding among the the ranks of his enemies could have been cool.
This is what I'm waiting for, I'm actually not even using Reptile cause I hate how he looks in this game so much lol. I'm sure the look your describing is coming, along with a klassic skin. They're just gonna make us wait for some ungodly reason.

zogged

It was obviously going to be the Creature from the Black Lagoon. I mean Vampiress Mileena? Pharaoh Ermac? Classic Universal monsters skin pack was totally obvious from the Horror Pack description.

And all 3 skins are looking great. Shame I'm thinking of dropping Mileena though. She's just too weak.

Not gonna lie, all I read was "Kraken" and all I could think from that point on was Spinal's shield from Killer Instinct. Kinda set myself up for disappointment. Ermac's looks great though.

Thought I'd try reptile out, despite hating his look he's quite fun.
My issue outside of hoping for a human skin (I still like his reptilian look, quite a bit), is the fact that his stealth variation is unmasked. It makes so much more sense to have his noxious form be unmasked, imo.

And his ending is dumb, too.
they originated from Earth? So they're trying to be clever with conspiracy theories or something?
I've always preferred my mental fanfic I used to roleplay with neighborhood friends as a kid.

Skyzard

Banned
Are x-rays still 30fps on PC?

A user posted in the comparison thread that a patch took it up to 60.

[edit- never mind :(]

Also...are the cutscenes ruined for you guys on PC? There's a black crush (custscenes only) that the author of the article says prevents them from being enjoyed.

Trickster

Can anyone explain what the point of the living towers is? They don't seem to offer any kind of unlock. So why not just do traditional towers instead?

Nemesis_

Klassic Sub Zero looks like UMK3 Sub Zero

OQLl7po.jpg

Dr. Buni

I don't get people's obsession with those bland "classic" ninja skins. Reptile looks much better the way he is now, imo.

Trickster

I don't get people's obsession with those bland "classic" ninja skins. Reptile looks much better the way he is now, imo.

Well, he's obviously more unique and defined from the rest of the roster with his current reptilian look. But dude is still ugly to look at. Can't blame people who think his human look is more appealing

Edit - How do you get the free subzero skin?

zogged

Ok this is some fucking bullshit. After installing the patch and having the deal with even more issues than before the game goes and fucking bluescreens my computer after I quit to windows. How the hell does this even happen?

I mean, I am loving this game but all these issues are making it really hard for me to even play it when I'm sure something else is gonna go horribly wrong when I next boot it up

Nemesis_

I think Jason is out. I've seen the stats pop up online that say people have won with him 25 times using his RELENTLESS style.

I think Jason is out. I've seen the stats pop up online that say people have won with him 25 times using his RELENTLESS style.
His profile popped up for me once but I couldn't select him. He was on the far left at the top, and Predator was below him. Now they are all gone.

Marvel

could never
Just mashed with liu kang, first time using him. I won! guy left after, I can see why ppl have issues with him.

Carlow

And his ending is dumb, too.
they originated from Earth? So they're trying to be clever with conspiracy theories or something?
I've always preferred my mental fanfic I used to roleplay with neighborhood friends as a kid.

his race was pretty much wiped out when Shinnok 1st tried to take over Earth

have noticed the patch did improve matchmaking a tad, i dont have to wait forever for a decent connection now

OmegaDL50

That's alot of diskspace, gotta be one hell of an optimization.

The thing with Steam is it's updates aren't really so much patches but rather replacing any files with new ones.

So if there is an issue with file that is basically 6GB. Rather then applying a fix to that 6GB file, instead you download an entirely NEW 6GB file to replace the old one.

That is why the patch is so damn large. Almost half the games files are being replaced.

This will be an issue for quite some time in the future when all of the new characters and skins are added which will just bloat up the games file size even more.

It's more to do with the logic of it within the lore. He was a spy and he's hardly doing a good job hiding his identity. The mask on lizard look only works amongst other Zatterrans... but you know.

And if we're going to remove the mask, he needs to look better.

So if you can't do those right, why not quit TRYING to please Reptile fans and instead give us what we want?

The Kraken costume is lol. I hope for something like this in the future.

UVzseu6.png
To be honest, I don't really care for the klassic look. It screams low level, tourney entry outfit a la MK9's story mode backgeound npcs. In addition to a customized outfit, sure.

OmegaDL50

It's more to do with the logic of it within the lore. He was a spy and he's hardly doing a good job hiding his identity. The mask on lizard look only works amongst other Zatterrans... but you know.

And if we're going to remove the mask, he needs to look better.

So if you can't do those right, why not quit TRYING to please Reptile fans and instead give us what we want?

Well if it was lore logic, it really wouldn't matter what he looks like, considering he can turn himself invisible.

I think people like the classic ninja reptile look due to being a long time staple design of his character with the Ninja outfit. Much like the klassic costumes of Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Ermac, and other Ninjas.

Well if it was lore logic, it really wouldn't matter what he looks like, considering he can turn himself invisible.

I think people like the classic ninja reptile look due to being a long time staple design of his character with the Ninja outfit. Much like the klassic costumes of Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Ermac, and other Ninjas.
As I edited in above, I'm not the biggest fan of the classic look. It only works when I think of it as a forced outfit to wear for all male ninja participants in the MK tournament. If they gave him Chameleon-esque abilities and had multiple skin tones, that would have been neat as well.

Something to make the mask more appropriate. It's the difference between looking like self-muzzled lizard freak and looking like an odd person hiding your reptilian mouth.

God dammit how could they fuck that up? Christ just make it exactly how it looked in UMK3 and itd be perfect. Ugh.

Uh, what? That is exactly how it looked in UMK3. lol

Notice the costume is classic sub-zero, aka original sub-zero, aka Noob Saibot.

Also I think Reptile looks awesome in this game. His primary mostly, it's really well designed. His voice and mannerisms are fantastic. Dunno why people are clung to the past with the old bland outfit.

OmegaDL50

No! I want all my characters to look identical with a different color

You forgot to add that part. That is what make the joke of using palette swaps no longer appealing. We are long past the point in which each character should have their own unique design, rather than share the same outfit with just a different color to distinguish them.

It's all fine though for the sake of classic costumes since they won't interfere with their default costumes which all have a unique look about them.

Wooooo just finished the story and getting some of the easier trophies. Tried to play online and couldn't stay in a match long enough to play in KotH due to "desynchronized game." Lame. Literally would watch the matches until it was almost my turn and then lose connection.

Tried playing ranked, which may as well becalled Sub-Zero mode. Both of my opponents picked him, and I would've had they not. I ended up winning with Scorpion once, losing with Raiden in a horrible lagfest once.

They made Sub-Zero a lot better in this game, didn't they? He was lower tier or whatever in MK9 I thought because of how slow he was.

Skyzard

Banned
Are x-rays still 30fps on PC?

A user posted in the comparison thread that a patch took it up to 60.

[edit- never mind :(]

Also...are the cutscenes ruined for you guys on PC? There's a black crush (custscenes only) that the author of the article says prevents them from being enjoyed.

Not never mind! Apparently it is true. Everything is now 60fps on PC. He came back and specified.

EDIT - sorry, again not sure, someone else just updated and said it was still 30 during x-rays etc.

Hell anytime I wanna pick Scorpion and Sub-Zero I'd rather pick there human/unmasked form. I like that we finally get a human form Scorpion now.

Top Bottom