• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Furyous

I'm frustrated.

I really don't win online ever in ranked. I get matched with 100 wins, 0 losses non stop bull shit. What... am I the only scrub fucking left?

I actually hate chip on block... I try to poke out with my fastest normals and still get gang banged.

Takes forever to get a match.

I feel like I play too smart for my own sake. People mash me stupid, and I try to block and look for openings. Ugh.

I suck at pulling off combos I have practiced 9083908 times offline without issues too. Maybe I just need to face that I'm ass at this game and should stay a spectator only. :/

Have you considered setting the difficulty to hard in practice mode? Set it to hard against the online character that keeps kicking your butt. If you can beat the character in hard mode then it should pose ever decreasing difficulty online. Use rush to move across the screen and take advantage of ***** breakers.

I refuse to go online until I have a stable of four characters I know in and out. Right now I've got three characters that I'm working on with Kenshi glowing eyes version, Cassie Cage Brawler, and Jax standard/wrestler variant.

I love the fact that there's always something to unlock in this game. Every time I log on there's something new in the Krypt. Is it me or does Kenshi need more standard sword attacks? Jax is unfair because he has two projectiles (one hidden in his standard variant). LOL at his fake ass sonic boom, in my opinion.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Woah, does anyone else see Jason on the character select screen?

I wasn't seeing it at all this whole session but it just showed up when I went online.

sixghost

Have you considered setting the difficulty to hard in practice mode? Set it to hard against the online character that keeps kicking your butt. If you can beat the character in hard mode then it should pose ever decreasing difficulty online. Use rush to move across the screen and take advantage of ***** breakers.

I refuse to go online until I have a stable of four characters I know in and out. Right now I've got three characters that I'm working on with Kenshi glowing eyes version, Cassie Cage Brawler, and Jax standard/wrestler variant.

I love the fact that there's always something to unlock in this game. Every time I log on there's something new in the Krypt. Is it me or does Kenshi need more standard sword attacks? Jax is unfair because he has two projectiles (one hidden in his standard variant). LOL at his fake ass sonic boom, in my opinion.

A big part of what he's talking about comes down to lag. There are a lot of people out there right now that never try to do a single combo, but are still hard to beat because of the lag. If you are able to knock out a 30% combo every single time to punish their shit they're easy to beat, but that's tough when you are needing to enter the inputs half a second before you are used to for the combo to actually connect. It took me like 8 matches before I could consistently do a fairly easy combo jungle combo with Cassie, and after that I started beating the scorpians who just spam teleport, the ranged grab, and spear.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
played threw story a bit and found that kung jin is that dude.
But I hate both his costumes so I'll doubt I use him much.

I guess one of Jason's variations is called 'Unstoppable'.

In the bottom left of the online menu, where they run stats, one of them said total wins with JASON (UNSTOPPABLE): 40.

drotahorror

according to reddit, his variations are unstoppable, relentless and slasher.

If you look through the backgrounds/icons/borders they're listed in there too.

Woah, does anyone else see Jason on the character select screen?

I wasn't seeing it at all this whole session but it just showed up when I went online.

Still haven't seen him yet. Also Living Towers just don't work at all right now. Says there are no Living Towers available.

Onemic

Damn man, the online on PC is KOFXIII for consoles level of bad.

Also, for one of the most popular fighters for casuals, MK sure is strict as fuck when it comes to getting the most out of your combos. I want to side Johnny Cage, but his execution is way too much for me(reverse qcf motions are my downfall) not to mention that the game doesnt register my correct input for his nut kracker half the time.

Majestad

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;160696207 said:
Yeah I have. Its a bit too wordy but I still enjoyed it.
I like MK but this was bad. Pointless QTEs and an awful story.

Assume the QTEs didn't exist as they are not even required. That takes one of your two complains. "Awful" story is quite the exaggeration.

This story mode is leaps and bounds ahead of other fighting games.

malfcn

I am fairly committed at this point to just do Takeda.

You get a fair amount of the same tools as Smoke does. Fairly simple combos.

Highly recommend him. Find the YT video of Chris G combos as Shin variant for him.

Do you use shin?
After F1,2,2+4 and Db3

How well can you land the neutral jump bounce to do some 11 or other hits?

"Awful" story is quite the exaggeration.
This story mode is leaps and bounds ahead of other fighting games.

It really isn't imo.
It has cutscenes and regular fights in between. That's it.
Most of the characters are underdeveloped and pointless. The story just jumps around all over the place and the conclusion felt extremely rushed.

Majestad

Banned
Story mode didn't really add anything to the game. I'd prefer if they spent those resources on the netcode and other more important things.

People who want to have quality single player content and don't care much about competitive (which is a shitload of people) would completely disagree with you. Story mode adds a lot to the game, and makes it feel like a complete package.

Indignate

『Inaba Resident』;160697929 said:
It really isn't imo.
It has cutscenes and regular fights in between. That's it.
Most of the characters are underdeveloped and pointless. The story just jumps around all over the place and the conclusion felt extremely rushed.

What did you expect? For it to turn into a FPS with hacking minigames?

When most other fighting games don't even bother to deliver a story mode, NS goes far and above with their games.

Yeah, that doesn't excuse the faults of this games story (boring and rushed), but hell do they at least try.

Do you use shin?
After F1,2,2+4 and Db3

How well can you land the neutral jump bounce to do some 11 or other hits?
I've been practicing Takeda combos for the past couple of hours.

I can get the njp follow-ups fine, it's just a step forward.

The one I'm having issues with is one of Chris G's easier combos.

njp, 33 xx EX bf1, b22 xx bf1. For some reason you are just a tad too far to hit the bf1 and you need to take another step forward (like when you do njp to 33) but it just isn't clicking in my head. Timing seems really strict.

Just need more practice I guess. I'm not very good at execution in general though. Haven't even tried his harder shit.

Demoskinos

I really liked the story. I mean I'm not going to hold it up as a great example of storytelling but its fun in the same way dumb popcorn action movies are fun. I'm glad they are still doing them.

What did you expect? For it to turn into a FPS with hacking minigames?

When most other fighting games don't even bother to deliver a story mode, NS goes far and above with their games.

Yeah, that doesn't excuse the faults of this games story (boring and rushed), but hell do they at least try.

I expected at least a halfway decent story. Its fine for it to be just cut-scenes and normal matches but its nothing special at all. I'd rather that time spent on story go to something else more important if its gonna be as bad as this was. IMO, Story mode really didn't add all that much to this game. Pretty forgettable.

Majestad

Banned
Before MKX came out, I watched the DC vs Mortal Kombat and MK9 story modes on YouTube. The jump in quality between each game is insane. MKX feels like it has the budget of a regular, although short, AAA adventure game.

The matchmaking really is ridiculous. I'm on the other side of it, and it's still stupid. I have a pretty good record and it's only matching me with like 0-12 records who I curb stomp and it's no fun for either of us.

Majestad

Banned
The matchmaking really is ridiculous. I'm on the other side of it, and it's still stupid. I have a pretty good record and it's only matching me with like 0-12 records who I curb stomp and it's no fun for either of us.

Play in rooms. Much better a d you get to pick who you play with.

Takeda is so fun to play, I'm definitely gonna practice with him when I'm not playing Mileena.

I've tried that guy and I keep sucking with him.

Can someone please help me?

I cannot even figure out how to do his XRay attack. I press the triggers, but he seems to just change his stance. What am I doing wrong here?

robotrock

Banned

I cannot even figure out how to do his XRay attack. I press the triggers, but he seems to just change his stance. What am I doing wrong here?

iirc i think you have to do it in the air? I may be thinking of Cyber Subzero from MK9 though.

Beepos

His Xray can only be triggered while in the air. Try pressing the triggers when jumping.

Top Bottom