• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Can somebody help me understand the timing for combos? Im trying to even complete the goddamn tutorial and the timing makes no sense at all. Trying to do the special move *****s and they do not register if I wait a second between unputs or just hammer it all out in one move, WTF.

What is the secret here because the game tells you no hints as to the timing and this is pissing me off.

XpopcornX

Banned
So I think I'm kind of getting the hang of this game.....

Two things im confused about though:

I feel like I get locked in a continous combo string where I dont have time to get up even after its over before the oppenent just starts another one and scoops me up again. Is there a way to prevent that?

And there is this lava pool move that Scorpion has that I dont understand how you get out of?

I'm looking at my stats and notice that there's a list of accomplishment type actions, with level numbers, like fatality level 5 and you get X koins for doing it.

What are fatality/brutality levels?

So I think I'm kind of getting the hang of this game.....

Two things im confused about though:

I feel like I get locked in a continous combo string where I dont have time to get up even after its over before the oppenent just starts another one and scoops me up again. Is there a way to prevent that?

And there is this lava pool move that Scorpion has that I dont understand how you get out of?

Use Breakers.

Do you mean the minion grab? I don't think you can.

Nuke Soda

Made it to fight 2o on medium in the endless tower. I know it isn't impressive, but that is pretty damn good for me. I was Mileena too and I got that snappy third outfit of hers.

"fighting" with myself on whether I should pick this up.

I've got a strong PC, is the PC version playable now after the patch?

Also.. I don't have a fight pad or stick.. would an xbox 360 controller or DS4 work well?

Thanks guys!

RM8

"fighting" with myself on whether I should pick this up.

I've got a strong PC, is the PC version playable now after the patch?

Also.. I don't have a fight pad or stick.. would an xbox 360 controller or DS4 work well?

Thanks guys!
Sadly there's no way to know. Some people with beefy PCs are experiencing crashes and other issues, while I have yet to experience a single crash or graphical glitch on my all-in-one non-gaming PC from 2011, lol. For what is worth, the patch indeed improved performance and especially loading times for me.

Anyone remember that MK action game on PS1 where you played as Jax? I'm trying to pull it out of my head so hard but nothing's coming out..

I'm curious if the presence of some of the non-playable 3D era characters in the story (and to a lesser extent, the tower endings) means they have an interest in potentially making them playable in MK11. At the very least we know NRS doesn't hate them, those guys are getting offed in the comic lol

-MD-

Anyone remember that MK action game on PS1 where you played as Jax? I'm trying to pull it out of my head so hard but nothing's coming out..

I googled "mortal kombat jax ps1" and Mortal Kombat Special Forces was the first result, is that it?

the latest patch broke my game, it wont start, it just crashes and gives me a CE-34878-0 error.
For those who have this issue, there is a temporary fix. Uncheck the Connect to the internet option in the network settings on ps4. Start MKX, and once you reach the main menu you can connect back to the internet.

Dr. Buni

I'm curious if the presence of some of the non-playable 3D era characters in the story (and to a lesser extent, the tower endings) means they have an interest in potentially making them playable in MK11. At the very least we know NRS doesn't hate them, those guys are getting offed in the comic lol
I hope so. Fujin, Sareena and others would nice additions to MK11 (if they aren't added as DLC in MKX).

OmarLexus

Finally got Cassie's run combo down by changing to ->,blk(hold),-> that took me forever to get into muscle memory. Before that it was release check screwing up my combos with Jax.

I really wish I preordered this now, I haven't played anything else for the past 3 days.

Does anyone happen to have an extra Goro code for PS4? I read that some orders had extra codes in the box... I've got a 3DS Mewtwo code I can trade, but that's about it.

OmegaDL50

Man, I seriously would be hyped if a sequel to Shaolin Monks was announced.

Loved that game on the PS2.

A Shaolin Monks in the modified UE3 rendering engine that MKX uses would be amazong. Mortal Komba X already looks great as it is.

A shame they can't port some of the assets to UE4 instead without scrapping a lot of stuff that is specific to their custom modifications done to UE3. I don't even know if those custom modifications would work the same on UE4.

robotrock

Banned
Need some help with the Krypt. I've unlocked everything on the first floor, but now I'm running into all these locked doors and have no idea how to unlock them.

Nuke Soda

Need some help with the Krypt. I've unlocked everything on the first floor, but now I'm running into all these locked doors and have no idea how to unlock them.

There are character items in all the areas, like Jax's Bazooka, Reptile's claw, and Scorpion's spear. Collect these and they do certain things to open new paths.

Manu

Did anyone else notice the new "Variation" tab under the move list?

Or was it always there and I just didn't notice?

Altairre

As I expected Cassie's run combos aren't too hard to pull off once you get the motions down. The most difficult thing for me is actually the transition to the combo ender after the b1,2. It also seems like people do not like blocking her low gunshot into overhead combo. That thing is so ridiculously fast you kind of have to see it coming and you can cancel after the second hit for a combo forcing your opponent to block both the low and the overhead. Mix that up with her overhead starter and you can really get into people's heads.

Liking the young characters a lot and I want to learn both Takeda and Kung Jin. Which version of Takeda is preferable?

Lord Phol

Managed to combine both variants into a 44% 1 meter combo.

Kitana (Assassin) - 44%

Also found some other smaller combo variations with another string. Might do a whole combo video, it's a great way for me to learn and practice.
It's too bad I can't pull this stuff off "live" yet though, but hopefully that comes with training :p.

Altairre

Managed to combine both variants into a 44% 1 meter combo.

Kitana (Assassin) - 44%

Also found some other smaller combo variations with another string. Might do a whole combo video, it's a great way for me to learn and practice.
It's too bad I can't pull this stuff off "live" yet though, but hopefully that comes with training :p.

Very nice, this makes want to check out Kitana.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Can anyone let me know how to unlock the cyber raiden skin? Im logged into the wb play account since I can see my email at the bottom left hand side of the main screen. I just don't know how to actually download the skin? Is there a redeem code or something? I'm sure this has been discussed but damn I can't figure this out.

edit: nm I got it :)

Trickster

This win/loss display for your opponent in ranked has to be bugged or something. I am litterally not encountering anyone with more than 10 total matches at most

Can somebody help me understand the timing for combos? Im trying to even complete the goddamn tutorial and the timing makes no sense at all. Trying to do the special move *****s and they do not register if I wait a second between unputs or just hammer it all out in one move, WTF.

What is the secret here because the game tells you no hints as to the timing and this is pissing me off.

If it's one string then you usually just "dial" the combo in. Some require some timing differences but for the most part just hit the buttons in order quickly and it should come out.

OmegaDL50

I created a really easy combo with Scorpion that can be done on any jump kick connecting, probably not corner due to teleport not working near corner setups.

Any Jump Kick followed up by Teleport, BP, FP, Spear, Neutral Jump BP, Uppercut.

It only 7 hits, but it does a respectable 28% damage, So doing almost a 3rd of an entire life bar that uses no meter and it's only requirement is to land a jump kick makes this highly practical to use in matches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29kxYxMs0Hg

Lord Phol

I created a really easy combo with Scorpion that can be done on any jump kick connecting, probably not corner due to teleport not working near corner setups.

Any Jump Kick followed up by Teleport, BP, FP, Spear, Neutral Jump BP, Uppercut.

It only 7 hits, but it does a respectable 28% damage, So doing almost a 3rd of an entire life bar that uses no meter and it's only requirement is to land a jump kick makes this highly practical to use in matches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29kxYxMs0Hg

Nice! that does look quite useful.

OmegaDL50

How does one do a Faction Kill

I don't understand how they work.

I got a few of them unlocked for White Lotus and I do the motion perfectly when it's time to Finish Them but it never triggers.

I've tried multipled distances, close, sweep, far sweep. It never triggers.

I can pull off any other Fatality or Brutality in the game, I just can't figure out how to trigger a Faction Kill.

EDIT: nevermind. It seems you need to be far, near full screen distance for them to trigger.

Top Bottom