• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Algebrah

There is so much up in the air for me here.

-How is the NetCode on PC vs console(Xbox One)?
-Where is there going to be a bigger community?

-Not sure which system of my friends are getting on..

probably biggest community is ps4, but i think its region locked only while x1 is open and x1 is the "tournament" console or something with ESL.

Dr. Buni

Story Mode impressions:

Kung Jin apparently
came out of the closet
and Raiden was all like "Bitch, I know." Kung Jin just piqued my interest 1,000%.

I love how they made Cassie
the next true "Champion."

Endgame:
It's all Raiden's fault again LMAO. Liu Kang and Kitana didn't get much to do in the story but I guess they'll all be front and center come the next game.

I have to say that I applaud Netherrealm Studios for showcasing 12 fully voiced past and present female fighters. Everything felt equal, you were never in fear of thinking, "When will the girls finally get something to do?" like in other games of different genres. Even cameos from Tanya, Sindel, Li Mei, and
Sareena
are put to good use.
Frost
got one line but she's lucky to be alive lol. Job very well done!
Nice impressions!

JackEtc

Stuck in class all day, and wanted to be able to play at midnight, so despite no reviews being out yet, I said screw it and pre-ordered on the Sony webstore, so I could remotely start it downloading....but I got an error saying my PS4 doesn't have enough storage -_-

Wish you could manage/delete games off the PS4 remotely too haha

KAL2006

Banned

I never trust PC to have a long lasting community for fighting games. Street Fighter IV, Mortal Kombat all had smaller online community than console versions. I personally think PS4 will have the biggest community. It seems to be the system for fighters with GGXRD, BlazBlue, USF4 and SF5.

i should note "faction wars" is cross platform so whichever faction is winning is winning across all platforms

Female designs are way, way better this time. No bikini stripper ninjas this time, and Sonya is actually wearing stuff over her now-normal-sized breasts. Also I think this game looks good (from screens and video), I also disliked Injustice.

I feel like I'm going to be the only person who misses the bikini stripper ninjas. Give me some DLC for it or somethin

zlatko

Banned
I had plans to do nothing tomorrow since I work from home.

Derailed. :(

I have a lunch meeting, a designer meeting, and a store front meeting.

; ; Why !

<_< Real talk though. Come MGS5 release date, that whole week I'll be MIA.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I caved & bought it on GMG with 20% discount code... praying for PC to be good! COME ON NETCODE!!

Dr. Buni

I feel like I'm going to be the only person who misses the bikini stripper ninjas. Give me some DLC for it or somethin
I'd be okay with that if they also give us an option to block players who play using the bikini outfits in online matches. They should also give alts for the male characters, all of them should wear only underwear in their alts. If you want to do fanservice, do it right.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I will be joining Lin Kuei, because I like snow and heard it changes the title screen. C:
Was going to go with White Lotus, but that just sealed the deal for me. Lin Kuei it is.

BearPawB

Banned
polygon 9/10 http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/13/8364929/mortal-kombat-x-review-PS4-Xbox-One
"Mortal Kombat X is friendly both to casual players who want to experience its rich suite of single-player content and knock around with some friends, but deep enough for competitive players who want to plumb its roster and variations. It's a robust, feature-rich competitive fighting game that hones what's worked for NetherRealm Studios in past games, and even shows hints of restraint and maturity amidst the gory hyper-violence. Paired with an ambitious online meta-game, Mortal Kombat X is one of the best fighting games in the series."

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Just watched a dude on twitch play about 10 online matches, and only one of them he said had input lag. There is hope!!!!

Top Bottom