• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Fmal

Banned
I'm playing MK9 and oh my god the online is trash
can't even do any of the combos i practiced because it's so laggy :c

Did they improve it for MKX?

Not really. Matchmaking is shitty, but if you can get in a room and play against people who are geographically close it's more than playable.

Dart

Nah, it's just so many people in this game think doing a combo makes you good. So they get beat by stuff like this that is easy to counter.

There were quite a few people on stream that were able to get in and beat him with legitimate play.

Well after watching for well over an hour, the few people I did see beat him played either as Scorpion, Ermac, Sub Zero, or mirror Jacqui.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Seems like Quan Chi, Cassie, and Kung Jin are going to be the top 3 characters if what I saw of that tourney is anything to go by.

I think Cassie has some real struggle matchups. Zoning her out is very do-able.

Quan Chi absolutely, Kung Jin is like Aquaman without the zoning.

I'm still convinced Scorpion is at least top 5, and Ferra/Torr is super strong against zoners, Boss Toss is incredible.

NEO0MJ

I think Cassie has some real struggle matchups. Zoning her out is very do-able.

During the tourney PR Rog as Cassie got outzoned by a Kotal Khan player. I guess part of it can be chalked up due to inexperience and lack of familiarity, but still.

Spuck-uk

Banned
During the tourney PR Rog as Cassie got outzoned by a Kotal Khan player. I guess part of it can be chalked up due to inexperience and lack of familiarity, but still.

She has potential nightmares against Cyber Kano with his fast mid fireball and upball

Demoskinos

She has potential nightmares against Cyber Kano with his fast mid fireball and upball

Yep. Basically the only thing she could do there is just take the chip and inch in and try to EX shadow kick over to him when she gets close enough. Zoners are Cassie's one weakness.

tokra2005

Neo Member
Hey guys do you know if netherealm talk about releasing new character after the 4 announced release ? Because in my opinion those are a little ''fade'' and i want like sindel,striker,sector etc ...

NEO0MJ

Hey guys do you know if netherealm talk about releasing new character after the 4 announced release ? Because in my opinion those are a little ''fade'' and i want like sindel,striker,sector etc ...

They released two extra DLC characters after Injustice, so I wouldn't rule it out. Though I think they said that they weren't going to offer characters that were in MK9 as DLC.

They released two extra DLC characters after Injustice, so I wouldn't rule it out. Though I think they said that they weren't going to offer characters that were in MK9 as DLC.
I have a feeling Fujin will be one for sure. No idea who else if they stick to that rule. Would be cool to get frost, Sareena, and Bo Rai Cho.

mdsfx

Playing on Xbox One with a great internet connection. Online is sh*t. Winning requires you adapting to lag, but even then, dropped inputs everywhere. Ugh.

For a game with such a large online component, what... The... F*ck.

So, anybody got the Mime Johnny Cage skin yet?

Yup.

nufVBZY.jpg

Still hunting for Klassic Mileena and the Revenant versions. Made more difficult that they require online match criterias and PC netkode being a mess. I can 100% guarantee that KOTH will crash on me. Every time. I'm on PC BTW.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Does anyone have a working WBID with Klassic Kitana that they would be willing to share?

Sigmaah

They deff adding mk9 chars for dlc, I can already see it happening. Probs the ones that have models already.

Did that just unlock for you?

Not really. That was two faction change ago. Was grinding like mad on the iPhone and iPad. Stuck on Boss Ermac on the Mobile version, Couldnt inflict as much damage on the current team I have. Also have unlocked Farmer Jax. I suspect that Klassic Mileena is right after beating this cheap ass Boss Ermac tower boss.

Not really. That was two faction change ago. Was grinding like mad on the iPhone and iPad. Stuck on Boss Ermac on the Mobile version, Couldnt inflict as much damage on the current team I have. Also have unlocked Farmer Jax. I suspect that Klassic Mileena is right after beating this cheap ass Boss Ermac tower boss.

I cannot get Mime Johnny Cage to unlock on PC even though I have unlocked Farmer Jax and Klassic Kitana (I don't believe that Klassic Mileena and Injustice Scorpion can be unlocked yet.)

Marvel

could never
I can see why peeps use Sub Zero a lot, Grandmaster is hilarious. I will say though, the netkode really needs improving even on Host my bread and butter combos fail to register a lot. And that's with a pc monitor with zero inputlag and negative edge off.

In love with this game though, I really can't stop playing!

stn

They won't release a pack for a while, if ever.

They would rather you spend money on that app then sell the costumes outright.
They did it for Injustice after a while. My guess is they'll do the same once the mobile game has been exhausted.

KorrZ

I think Ermac is my character. After a terrible time playing online (3 wins 22 losses) in Ranked Match and getting frustrated at the time between matches and getting matched up with 300wins /11 losses I found the lobbies much more enjoyable.

Ermac seems very versatile, he has a ton of options for mid, close and long range and has some easy normal combos that I can mash out. I managed to get a good little 25% damage combo down but I'm shit and haven't managed to hit it once online yet :(. I clawed my rankings back up to 18 and 28 with Ermac though so I'm getting there!

Ermac
Sub Zero
Johnny Cage

Favourite 3 characters to play so far.

zogged

So the spider switches in the krypt still don't work for me on pc. Is there a hidden thing I gotta do to be able to use them or has the game just bugged out? Also I can confirm that they worked at some point in the past.

People are sleeping on Kenshi..

His kenjutsu and Balaced variations are really good and easy to pull (k)combos off I haven't tried possessed yet but it's probably good too

Any cheap tactics to get through Endless Tower? I want that Mileena costume.

already tried the Goro punch walk spam someone recommended. died in the first fight :(

Any cheap tactics to get through Endless Tower? I want that Mileena costume.

already tried the Goro punch walk spam someone recommended. died in the first fight :(

Play Klassic tower on hard until you can start beating the hard computer. That's what I did. I wasn't able to beat the hard tower, but just trying got me good enough to make it to round 17 on the Endless tower.

RM8

They won't release a pack for a while, if ever.

They would rather you spend money on that app then sell the costumes outright.
You can't even buy them on the app, though, you need to grind a ton even regardless :( I honestly can't be bothered to play the awful mobile game, I might just delete it.

Demoskinos

So here is my question for anyone more skilled than I. When playing Cassie Brawler obviously she is a rush down character so my prime placement on the battlefield is right in someones face playing the hi/low mixup game.

When someone has X-ray or meter for a potential wakeup. How can I keep pressure up while not leaving myself horribly exposed to get gobsmacked by a wakeup x-ray like a lot of people like doing.

Majestad

Banned
So here is my question for anyone more skilled than I. When playing Cassie Brawler obviously she is a rush down character so my prime placement on the battlefield is right in someones face playing the hi/low mixup game.

When someone has X-ray or meter for a potential wakeup. How can I keep pressure up while not leaving myself horribly exposed to get gobsmacked by a wakeup x-ray like a lot of people like doing.

If the opponent is cornered, jump behind their back and punish. You can also jump back to where you were and apply some corner combos.

zogged

Anyone on PC gotten Klassic Sub-Zero? I'm pretty sure that was the free costume everyone received but I've still got nothing.

Top Bottom