• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Am I the only one that chose my faction for the menu screen?
White Lotus

I'm right on the precipice if getting one of the PS4 Hori fight pads. My problem is its way to easy to hit up by accident when doing right to left or visa versa.
Got one pre-ordered as my reward for (hopefully) becoming competent at the game by then.

Sounds like a good option. Thank you.

Hmmm... intriguing. Do I need a similar software setup like the ds4 or does it work plug&play like a xbox pad?

LHeZKmK.jpg

lZemh5P.jpg

jGCQyT6.jpg

IwF4KlM.jpg

The controller enables both playing like a pad and a fight-stick-esque kind of play, although i play mine as a pad. The d-pad also can be set to rotate up to 20 degrees off centre to accommodate a more comfortable thumb placement. I'm using this with my gaming laptop while I'm moving around and at work.

Otherwise, while at home, I use the Atrox.
7dOPCZa.jpg

Gambit61

Am I the only one that chose my faction for the menu screen?
White Lotus

Got one pre-ordered as my reward for (hopefully) becoming competent at the game by then.

Yeah, I'm also White Lotus but didn't know it changed the menu lol. Also would like to hear your impressions for the Hori pad. I need a new controller for Tekken and MKX on PC.

clockpunk

STILL no Goro available to purchase on the European PSN. This is just bloody ridiculous, as gamers on every other platform and in every other region, can buy him directly, and to add insult to injury, he is still selectable and offered for sale on the character screen (returning only an error when any attempt to pay for him is made).

Only just found out how sodding useless SCEE are (and have been constantly for missing DLC over the last ten years). Kinda regret making the switch to PS4 now... Should have stuck with the XBox One. :-/

So, I'm in a moral crossroad of sorts right now.

What's your opinion on watching/copying combos and techniques from pro videos? Because I like coming up with my own combos, but then I'll go online and get my ass handed to me by people who clearly just memorized every Youtube combo video available. So, should I cave in and do the same? I really don't want to, but it feels like I'll always lag behind if I don't.
There's only so many combo possibilities. Everyone's going to be doing the same things.

patchday

This coin grind is absurd. Any tips on earning more quickly.

Koins is for a bunch of extra fluff (extra costumes, concept art, and extra fatalities). Has no impact on making you a better player at all

Besides, if you know exactly what you want just follow a guide and go directly to that X/Y location. I got everything I wanted on my first visit to the Krypt just be wisely sticking to a budget and only grabbing the extra costumes/fatalities I wanted from the guide. Plus, earned a bunch of extra coins in the krypt fighting monsters and busting up the cheap crates that contained thousands of koins

Granted, myself I don't mind having extra goals to shoot for. I'm excited there's still some concepts and stuff to grab later. But I'm in no hurry at all to grab the stuff.

c-murph

LHeZKmK.jpg

lZemh5P.jpg

jGCQyT6.jpg

IwF4KlM.jpg

The controller enables both playing like a pad and a fight-stick-esque kind of play, although i play mine as a pad. The d-pad also can be set to rotate up to 20 degrees off centre to accommodate a more comfortable thumb placement. I'm using this with my gaming laptop while I'm moving around and at work.

Have one of these for the PS3. So, Nice with Street Fighter.

Windforce

I'm having SEVERE issues with the game's combo system... (and block button) :(

The way I see it, I cannot add inputs and I must perfectly 'queue' commands even if the animation is 'behind' my commands, correct? For example, one of Kitana's simple combo:

f1, 1, 2, df1 (throw fans).

By the time I'm doing the throw fan command, Kitana is still starting the combo, and if I add any presses before the throw fan command, she won't execute, which really isn't clicking for me. Any repeated/added inputs and I miss the combo. If I remember correctly it's exactly the same system as MK vs DCU combos, I remember this when doing that game's combo trial for all characters.

In theory this kind of combo system is easier, as I just need to queue the commands really quick before the animations even happen, but I'm not actually enjoying this much. If I can't adapt I see myself grabbing my Platinum trophy and moving on, but I'd really want to stay, the game is fun...

Any tips? Any other Street Fighter player out there feeling this?

Demoskinos

STILL no Goro available to purchase on the European PSN. This is just bloody ridiculous, as gamers on every other platform and in every other region, can buy him directly, and to add insult to injury, he is still selectable and offered for sale on the character screen (returning only an error when any attempt to pay for him is made).

Only just found out how sodding useless SCEE are (and have been constantly for missing DLC over the last ten years). Kinda regret making the switch to PS4 now... Should have stuck with the XBox One. :-/
SCEE really does seem useless. I pop in the DOA 5 OT quite often and a lot of the European players complain about the same thing with that game. SCEE taking forever to get up any of the DLC.

Manu

Some golden chests in the krypt don't show a price when approaching them. Maybe it's because I already got their contents elsewhere?

JimmyBoy

Ok, so what's the difference between Kombat Kard portraits/icons etc with a star next to them and those without?

Should i be using the ones with stars - or have i maxed those? It doesn't seem to be explained anywhere and google turned up nothing.

Interesting, didn't know the game had stage/hidden brutalities. I'm glad to know there's some stuff tucked away for people to discover. Suppose it wouldn't be a NRS game if there wasn't that.

mortal_kombat_x__erron_black_by_alphaleaderhunk-d8m3un0.jpg

Any Erron Black players here? What style do you prefer? I've been playing with Gunslinger because I've always wanted Roland Deschain in a fighting game, but I've been meaning to try Marksman sooner or later.

mortal_kombat_x__erron_black_by_alphaleaderhunk-d8m3un0.jpg

Any Erron Black players here? What style do you prefer? I've been playing with Gunslinger because I've always wanted Roland Deschain in a fighting game, but I've been meaning to try Marksman sooner or later.

I like Outlaw the most, then Marksman, then Gunslinger. What I WANTED to like more is the exact opposite, but I don't like Gunslinger move set.

So NWM top eight happened.

One Quan, three Jins and no Takedas.

I don't know why people are sleeping on Takeda so much. If they are jumping you can just start doing mid range pressure with back 1 instead. :/

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I'm having SEVERE issues with the game's combo system... (and block button) :(

The way I see it, I cannot add inputs and I must perfectly 'queue' commands even if the animation is 'behind' my commands, correct? For example, one of Kitana's simple combo:

f1, 1, 2, df1 (throw fans).

By the time I'm doing the throw fan command, Kitana is still starting the combo, and if I add any presses before the throw fan command, she won't execute, which really isn't clicking for me. Any repeated/added inputs and I miss the combo. If I remember correctly it's exactly the same system as MK vs DCU combos, I remember this when doing that game's combo trial for all characters.

In theory this kind of combo system is easier, as I just need to queue the commands really quick before the animations even happen, but I'm not actually enjoying this much. If I can't adapt I see myself grabbing my Platinum trophy and moving on, but I'd really want to stay, the game is fun...

Any tips? Any other Street Fighter player out there feeling this?

Sounds like you're on the right path. I was somewhat struggling at first as well till OrangeOak posted the link below.

This video helped out a lot.
I don't know if that was posted already but it is really nice informative video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDntW5hWZvI

Xevren

So NWM top eight happened.

One Quan, three Jins and no Takedas.

I don't know why people are sleeping on Takeda so much. If they are jumping you can just start doing mid range pressure with back 1 instead. :/

It had Takeda players, they all got eliminated though obviously.

Xenthar

Were'nt we suppose to get Jason today?

Ok, so what's the difference between Kombat Kard portraits/icons etc with a star next to them and those without?

Should i be using the ones with stars - or have i maxed those? It doesn't seem to be explained anywhere and google turned up nothing.

The ones with stars are sets. Press Square/X for more info

Managed to get 22 fights into the endless towers without dropping a round before liu kang straight bodied me when I only had him and kung jin left before i'd gone through the whole roster. Barely got a touch in, was super mad.

The 50% Kano corner combo I posted yesterday was dropping way too often, so I've swapped to this one, it's 49% but MUCH easier to land consistently.

http://gfycat.com/EllipticalAllBlackfish

Good stuff. This reminds me that I don't buff nearly as much as I should and I should totally neutral jump more off that EX knife instead of my usual f212

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Heh, was just playing a match when my opponent blew up all of a sudden. I didn't realize Quitalities were a thing lol.

I hate how my boy Reptile is mocked in almost every damn intro, lol.

Racism within Earthrealm and Outworld is a real issue.

Quikies83

Is it common for the entire room of a KOTH match to get kicked/dropped?
Happens to me a lot. Other game modes don't behave like that normally.

ZangBa

That's cool, I guess I missed him. All I really saw were Quan Chi, Takeda, and Kung Jin everywhere. Not that that's a bad thing, but that's just all I saw. :/

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
yeah ps4 was pretty smooth for me last night (first time I played). played a few matches (Versus) and tried out KOTH

I'm assuming the folks with network issues are not on ps4?

I'll mess around some more later today online

so far I'm assuming all the issues are coming from High Voltage's PC port

Seems so, whenever I watch people on either console it's perfect. I tried KOTH after the last patch and crashed to desktop after the first match, not that I was expecting it to be fixed but yeah. I just hope we get 1.02 and 1.03 before the DLC drops.

Sigmaah

Anybody got any videos of high level Kano players? I want to main cutthroat Kano and I like to watch videos before I do.

I play cutthroat Kano, I can tell u whatever I know if you'd like, I'd say I know what I'm doing with him lol. My ranked record can provide proof lol.

Top Bottom