• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Man, Kano is hard work with such a shitty overhead. The only success I had with cut-throat was against people who couldn't stop pushing buttons.

Man, Kano is hard work with such a shitty overhead. The only success I had with cut-throat was against people who couldn't stop pushing buttons.

His other variations don't even have an overhead, use back 1, that move is super good, lots of priority, fast and leaves you in most cases neutral or positive, mix in with throws.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Just had the worst online experience ever thus far....

So I have a back and forth between this guy; he wins some, I win some, etc. Well suddenly he wasn't winning so much anymore, I was getting in that ass real good. So what does he do? Uses full auto Jackie and spams projectiles for a cheap win. Ok, fine, I get the hint; stop using that character that's kicking my ass or I'll use Jackie. Whatever, I'll just use my other mains... he promptly repeats the process two more times after I gave him the pipe.

Now, look, I would have gladly just left his bitch ass alone but the fact that it counts as a quit in the character select screen kept me from doing that immediately. I couldn't exactly predict what he was going to do.

So this asshole ended up getting some cheap ass wins pulling this shit and it really annoyed me.

Two things: How the fuck is Jackie not addressed yet? Are you kidding me?! It should not count as a quit in the character select screen. Especially in a game that can be exploited like this. Fucking period.

/rant

ZangBa

I had a really good set vs. a good Shinnok player 2 nights ago, like 40 games, with Kotal. It was really fun, and it felt like offline which was glorious. I started saving the matches on my PS4 after like 15 or so games and put them in a playlist if anyone is interested in some Kotal vs. Shinnok.

I couldn't tech throws worth shit, I think I was just pressing the wrong button every time, lol.

So I have a back and forth between this guy; he wins some, I win some, etc. Well suddenly he wasn't winning so much anymore, I was getting in that ass real good. So what does he do? Uses full auto Jackie and spams projectiles for a cheap win. Ok, fine, I get the hint; stop using that character that's kicking my ass or I'll use Jackie. Whatever, I'll just use my other mains... he promptly repeats the process two more times after I gave him the pipe.

Now, look, I would have gladly just left his bitch ass alone but the fact that it counts as a quit in the character select screen kept me from doing that immediately. I couldn't exactly predict what he was going to do.

So this asshole ended up getting some cheap ass wins pulling this shit and it really annoyed me.

Two things: How the fuck is Jackie not addressed yet? Are you kidding me?! It should not count as a quit in the character select screen. Especially in a game that can be exploited like this. Fucking period.

/rant

Learn how to beat Full Auto Jacqui http://youtu.be/66HBeVBgkE8

Aske

/rant

Online gaming is like terrorism. It's not about the kills, it's about the salt. Cultivate a more relaxed attitude, and you may find spammers become amusing rather than rage-inducing, whether you succeed in beating them or not. I know that sounds hokey, but when losing ceases to bother you, all that remains is the pleasure of playing the game.

Majestad

Banned
Online gaming is like terrorism. It's not about the kills, it's about the salt. Cultivate a more relaxed attitude, and you may find spammers become amusing rather than rage-inducing, whether you succeed in beating them or not. I know that sounds hokey, but when losing ceases to bother you, all that remains is the pleasure of playing the game.
Easier said than done. Specially because the fuckboi spammers think they won due to skill.

Zomba13

Oh cool. People have already started modding skins for the PC version

(Darth Maul D'vorah)
file.php

(Kintaro Goro)

I was playing online earlier and some guy had his mic on. I could hear a very young girl talking and playing in the background and I was thinking jesus christ I hope she is in another room. When he fatalitied me with Jason, she goes "Is that you, Daddy?" And she would giggle at him hacking me away.

Right before leaving I plugged my mic in and said "You are fucked up, man" and he laughed. A bit disturbing...

Thaaaaat aside, does anyone have a video or site recommendation for getting *****s down? I am practicing and practicing but I just can't land anything too good. I don't understand how someone can combo for so long and still be close enough to grab me.

EDIT: Errr, why is the k variation of combo turned into asterisks?

I was playing online earlier and some guy had his mic on. I could hear a very young girl talking and playing in the background and I was thinking jesus christ I hope she is in another room. When he fatalitied me with Jason, she goes "Is that you, Daddy?" And she would giggle at him hacking me away.

Right before leaving I plugged my mic in and said "You are fucked up, man" and he laughed. A bit disturbing...

Thaaaaat aside, does anyone have a video or site recommendation for getting *****s down? I am practicing and practicing but I just can't land anything too good. I don't understand how someone can combo for so long and still be close enough to grab me.

EDIT: Errr, why is the k variation of combo turned into asterisks?

I hear some really weird shit in my headset playing fighting games.

I havent been following this since launch but i was wondering, hows the pc port now? Still shit? Is it worth $29 (Premium Ed), or should I just wait and get the PS4 sometime down the track?

I don't see what's fucked/disturbing. ╮(╯▽╰)╭

Xeteh

Well I've been embarrassing myself for the past hour

If it'll make you feel any better the only reason I know is because they mentioned it on Giant Bomb before I played the game.

From what I've seen the game gives zero inclination that you need to be a full screen away for faction kills. Lets be scrubs together.

Doomguy84

I had a really good set vs. a good Shinnok player 2 nights ago, like 40 games, with Kotal. It was really fun, and it felt like offline which was glorious. I started saving the matches on my PS4 after like 15 or so games and put them in a playlist if anyone is interested in some Kotal vs. Shinnok.

I couldn't tech throws worth shit, I think I was just pressing the wrong button every time, lol.

As a newish player to MK I feel your pain...Its one of the last few things I still haven't gotten used to. My main is KK and I want to try Shinnook next so this video will be an interesting watch for me :D

ZangBa

As a newish player to MK I feel your pain...Its one of the last few things I still haven't gotten used to. My main is KK and I want to try Shinnook next so this video will be an interesting watch for me :D

Cool, I hope it helps.

Also, I'm really enjoying this salty laggy Mileena hatemail here, lmao.

Doomguy84

Cool, I hope it helps.

Also, I'm really enjoying this salty laggy Mileena hatemail here, lmao.

I watched the first part...getting late so ill finish em up tomorrow. What I saw was interesting. A few things I didn't know were that u can cancel his shoulder charge into the sword specials...and that u can cancel sword specials from 1b4. So yay for that! U also seem alot more comfortable with him than I. I don't like to use the f2 after things unless my opponent is in the corner. When I first started KK I went with Sun god and just recently dropped that for War God. I personally like using the b122xxsaw as a punish and if I have meter or get a jump in I use 114xxexgrabb122db1 for 38% easy damage. Ill study more since I know I need to mix my stuff up more.

Reule

I don't know if it's PSN or their servers but my Global Standing on Living Towers won't show up after completing one. I keep getting "N/A" instead of a rank. Anyone else? It started happening right when PSN was falling apart so I figured it as just that.

Hold down while throwing Blanche.
Damn! That's how you do it. I tried it last night and only had my opponent explode. Thanks.

stn

Crouch, dash once when the projectile ends. Rinse and repeat. Does she have meter? Be ready to block at the end of the gun fire, make her waste meter. Her projectile hits high, you can crouch without taking chip. Only block if you believe she's going to EX, which most scrub Jacqui's will do. Most Jacqui's have no clue how to do anything else but this, so exploit it.

Demoskinos

Slightly off topic but I picked up the Vita version of MK9 since its on sale for 5$ this weekend in that flash sale. Its surprisingly good for a handheld version especially at $5

Manu

Slightly off topic but I picked up the Vita version of MK9 since its on sale for 5$ this weekend in that flash sale. Its surprisingly good for a handheld version especially at $5

I'm still salty that so much content is exclusive to that version. Including alt costumes for the DLC characters.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Sick of how everybody wants to play mileena after the update. Don't jump on the bandwagon now.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Did they patch the mobile costume glitch on PS4? I just tried it on PC and got a ton of stuff unlocked, but get nothing after viewing the PS4 leaderboards.

Top Bottom