• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Opto

Banned
Actually won some match ups because I wasn't matched with King Ultra Combos.

Even beat a Kung Jin doing his combo BS.

Vormund

Who is DSP and why do y'all care for his whiney ass ?

Serious question. I watched two vids and dude is unbearable.

*shrugs* He seems to be the laughing stock of the internet.

Gotta love when he says (and this has happened more than once) that someone is a crap player right after they wipe the floor with him....

He doesn't seem to have thought that one through....

Sanke__

Anyone having trouble with the latest PS4 patch? I just downloaded it last night, and it won't go past the first copyright screen (it won't add the hex string to the 0.167-147).

I have the same problem
Really wanted to play a couple matches as classic reptile
thought for sure id have to wait until after classic scorpion for classic reptile
so stoked

Manu

Was stuck here and closed application. Now it's working.

Tried a couple times. Rebooted. Nothing.

I swear I'm gonna break something if I lose all my progress now.

EDIT: I was able to get past that screen by disconnecting completely from the internet. Looks like it's a network check of sorts.

patchday

w00t

11058774_10206813039714490_4169963337335296438_n.jpg

recorded it? you must have some mad skillz

Whoa, awesome, how do you do that variation?
I just pulled off the regular Blanche brutality in a ranked match and it felt great.

So great that they're adding in all these things to keep it exciting.

It'll become a lot more fun if you stop button mashing (not trying to troll, I swear!). Learn the game's systems and it becomes a ton of fun. Unless like you said you just don't like fighting games.

I tried not to, I promise! I did actually pull off some cool movies, including a fatality (Sub-Zero's in his ice weapons mode). I respect it, but it's just not my genre, I guess.

BadAss2961

I had an epiphany the other day. After losing to a Quan Chi who I should have beat, I realized something. 99% of the characters have some cheese and that is just how MK is. I was really frustrated my first week with this game but I fell into it and found out ways to punish them. Only thing I hate is that ***** with Scorpion that resets into an overhead or that hellfire. That is the only thing that can still get me salty.
Yeah, everyone in MK has some sort of cheese. But the worst offenders for me are characters with multiple gimmicks you have to respect at all times from any distance or position. Scorpion is one of those characters, his inferno variation probably being the cheesiest of them all.

Dude has at least 3 different attacks that track from full screen - a quick teleport that isn't easy to full combo punish, a low that holds his opponent still for a full combo, and an overhead that can track you even if you're running.

Have him on the ground? You have to respect his multiple viable wakeup options which include that stupid trip and a couple others that he can turn into combos. Some characters have just one or no good wakeup options.

Then with him teleporting multiple times through combos as his opponent staggers back and forth, he constantly has reset opportunities.

You had trouble with Quan Chi. He has some good cheese of his own, but is slow to recover on all his specials and is super punishable on his two bread and butter combos as well as his teleport. He also had zero viable wakeup options prior to the last patch. Scorpion on the other hand, though beatable, all his tools add up to a character that dictates how the fight goes. More than anyone else, he forces you to play the game of outsmarting and outguessing his gimmicks. I hate that.

Yeah, everyone in MK has some sort of cheese. But the worst offenders for me are characters with multiple gimmicks you have to respect at all times from any distance or position. Scorpion is one of those characters, his inferno variation probably being the cheesiest of them all.

Dude has at least 3 different attacks that track from full screen - a quick teleport that isn't easy to full combo punish, a low that holds his opponent still for a full combo, and an overhead that can track you even if you're running.

Have him on the ground? You have to respect his multiple viable wakeup options which include that stupid trip and a couple others that he can turn into combos. Some characters have just one or no good wakeup options.

Then with him teleporting multiple times through combos as his opponent staggers back and forth, he constantly has reset opportunities.

You had trouble with Quan Chi. He has some good cheese of his own, but is slow to recover on all his specials and is super punishable on his two bread and butter combos as well as his teleport. He also had zero viable wakeup options prior to the last patch. Scorpion on the other hand, though beatable, all his tools add up to a character that dictates how the fight goes. More than anyone else, he forces you to play the game of outsmarting and outguessing his gimmicks. I hate that.

Well said!

Malcolm9

Played quite a bit of this last night at a mates house and I really enjoyed it, it's pretty brutal but definitely fun. Hopefully I'll pick it up after finishing a bit of my backlog!

There is a guy constantly streaming on "Live with Playstation", Netogir or something like that, he just constantly uses Cassie Cages shooting move and thinks he's a badass, it's actually quite funny watching someone thinking they are great.

patchday

Help understanding combo strings (Kano cutthroat for example)
B312, B121 xx DB2 (29%/38%/43%)

I do not understand what "xx" means. I understand everything else

[edit] Ah xx = Cancel. Trying to re-read the OP

Manu

So I just need about 80 KOTH respect points for the Platinum. I was on a three win streak on KOTH when this guy with an amazing Sonya joined and kicked my ass.

He's still there, on an 18 win streak. I just want my fucking points T_T

Top Bottom