• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

KorrZ

Couple days without playing and I was getting blown up last night holy shit. Back into the player matches for a bit until I get back into the groove with Ermac.

First time I ran into a Jason with that move that reverses all of your buttons, I just got completely fucked by that.

New patch seems much better online now, i played 2 ppl with full green bar connection, and im stuck using my phones 3g for Internet,should be sweet once I can use my wired broadband connection.

Dereck

Nostalgia.
xOwwbEP.png

Wow the Brazilian skins are just soccer skins for characters that already have a lot of skins...

Why doesn't netherrealm know how to distribute skins equally between all their characters??

It's frustrating seeing Liu Kang, Kitana, Sonya, Johnny, Scorpion, and Sub Zero have like 8 skins

And others only have like 2.

Pilgrimzero

LttP Im sure but I just beat story mode, man Im looking forward to seeing whats next for evil Raiden.

I can take/leave some of the new characters though.

Shocked they actually killed off a couple of characters, then again its supposed to be "Mortal Kombat" which no one got killed (and not turned into a super zombie) in MK9 I think (aside from Khan and Sung).

I think my favorite characters so far are Master Blaster er.. Ferra/Torr, Cassie, and Jason. Though I think it's weird to see Jason leap around.

Now for the individual endings via the tower.

patchday

Wow the Brazilian skins are just soccer skins for characters that already have a lot of skins...

Why doesn't netherrealm know how to distribute skins equally between all their characters??

It's frustrating seeing Liu Kang, Kitana, Sonya, Johnny, Scorpion, and Sub Zero have like 8 skins

you just named the main leaders of the franchise. People are probably much more likely to pay for those skins. NRS might be going by data gathered from the matches.

I wonder if there is some chart somewhere that displays how much playtime each character gets in ranked matches

Sephzilla

I feel dirty. I got around to finally trying out Scorpion (i naturally avoided him simply because i ran into so many scorp's online). I really like him.

I feel dirty. I got around to finally trying out Scorpion (i naturally avoided him simply because i ran into so many scorp's online). I really like him.

Its like Ryu. You see so many people play him and just go ham with the wrong stuff, but deep down, there's a lot of fun to be had. You just have to rise above and put the fear into people when using him. Also gives you an advantage because people will underestimate you when using him.

you just named the main leaders of the franchise. People are probably much more likely to pay for those skins. NRS might be going by data gathered from the matches.

I wonder if there is some chart somewhere that displays how much playtime each character gets in ranked matches

It actually shows up in the little facts messages when you're playing online. It shows randomly how many times a certain character+variation has been played and/or won a match I do belive. So they definitely do have the data. I don't think there's a way we could really scrape that short of just getting people to compile a list that is constantly randomly updating.

Spades

What's the deal with this skin pack anyway? Premium? Free? Part of the Kombat Pack?

As an aside, I'd really like to see them make some new stages as part of premium DLC. Perhaps some old classics along with some new ones, with stage specific fatalities and/or brutalities.

Spuck-uk

Banned
As an aside, I'd really like to see them make some new stages as part of premium DLC. Perhaps some old classics along with some new ones, with stage specific fatalities and/or brutalities.

A bunch of abandoned football stadiums would fit the Brazil theme Kappa

BadAss2961

Its like Ryu. You see so many people play him and just go ham with the wrong stuff, but deep down, there's a lot of fun to be had. You just have to rise above and put the fear into people when using him. Also gives you an advantage because people will underestimate you when using him.
Only difference being that Ryu is fundamental Street Fighter. Scorpion's a cheeseball.

CeeSaw

Only difference being that Ryu is fundamental Street Fighter. Scorpion's a cheeseball.
I had an epiphany the other day. After losing to a Quan Chi who I should have beat, I realized something. 99% of the characters have some cheese and that is just how MK is. I was really frustrated my first week with this game but I fell into it and found out ways to punish them. Only thing I hate is that ***** with Scorpion that resets into an overhead or that hellfire. That is the only thing that can still get me salty.

zlatko

Banned
The ultimate troll is Ferra Torr.

No one expects you to do shit with the character then you do an easy peesy 30% plus combo off a high , low, or neutral jump lol.

Best part is vicious variant just save your meter for x Ray. Combo into it for 50% lmao.

The salt you can create....

Khezu

I wonder if Tanya is next week, or the week after and we get Revolution skins to tide us over.
I want that Kano skin already.
Q2QUVSz.png

Majestad

Banned

No one expects you to do shit with the character then you do an easy peesy 30% plus combo off a high , low, or neutral jump lol.

Best part is vicious variant just save your meter for x Ray. Combo into it for 50% lmao.

I haven't played a single Ferra Torr online yet.

Gambit61

SSSHHHH, you can't let them know!
I literally have only played as Ferra Torr so far online. I think I'll learn Jason and Tanya next.

A-V-B

What makes Human Reptile so popular?

A lot of people love the mystique of an reptillian ninja creature wearing a human skin.

Makes him seem dangerous in the same way as vampires and werewolves. They have one side that looks human, but there's another side: a monster beneath who wants to eat you. It's an oldie but a goodie.

Cyros

Nostalgia and money.

The local library got this in, so I borrowed it yesterday, and played it last night after waiting two hours for the patch.

It's definitely a quality game, but it's not really for me. I don't know if I want to play it anymore, because I just don't find it that fun.

I'm not surprised, though, because I'm not much of a fighting game fan and generally get bored of them after an hour or two. Then again, I was also worried about my button mashing breaking my controller and that made it less fun.

BigFwoosh

The local library got this in, so I borrowed it yesterday, and played it last night after waiting two hours for the patch.

It's definitely a quality game, but it's not really for me. I don't know if I want to play it anymore, because I just don't find it that fun.

I'm not surprised, though, because I'm not much of a fighting game fan and generally get bored of them after an hour or two. Then again, I was also worried about my button mashing breaking my controller and that made it less fun.

It'll become a lot more fun if you stop button mashing (not trying to troll, I swear!). Learn the game's systems and it becomes a ton of fun. Unless like you said you just don't like fighting games.

Edit: nvm your number 1 around the world.

LOL reptiles Klassic costume is guts without the mask

and when are they gonna release the Revolution skins?? because with tanya around the corner they still gotta give us all the Klassic Skins for Liu, Sonya and Kano

unless they release em all at once

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Who is DSP and why do y'all care for his whiney ass ?

Serious question. I watched two vids and dude is unbearable.

Anyone having trouble with the latest PS4 patch? I just downloaded it last night, and it won't go past the first copyright screen (it won't add the hex string to the 0.167-147).

Top Bottom