• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

NEO0MJ

I feel like I'm being tested harder and harder every time I play another match.

And then I get the "there are many different characters, don't get stuck on just one" protip in the corner.

Perhaps it's finally time to let the Kenshi dream die and learn someone viable?

From your av I thought you were a Scorpion player.

Anyways let the Kenshi dream die,for your sake and his.

It might yeah, but the variation I clicked with most with him is Cybernetic. Although I'm still pretty horrible with him and need to practice more.

Back one is godlike, do it repeatably when in sweep range, mix it up by either going into b1 b3 laser, b1 b3 ball combo or just a throw.

Also when waking up and the opponent is attacking with high low mixups, wake up with ex laser into b1 b3 ball combo for easy 20 percent damage.

Knives are amazing, remember you can attack straight after or run in immediately after ex knives.

Demoskinos

Back one is godlike, do it repeatably when in sweep range, mix it up by either going into b1 b3 laser, b1 b3 ball combo or just a throw.

Also when waking up and the opponent is attacking with high low mixups, wake up with ex laser into b1 b3 ball combo for easy 20 percent damage.

Knives are amazing, remember you can attack straight after or run in immediately after ex knives.

Cool! I'll try some of that stuff out later next time I turn on MKX!

From your av I thought you were a Scorpion player.

Anyways let the Kenshi dream die,for your sake and his.

Hanzo's a cool dude, but it's unfair to the devs who put work into all the other characters to not try and get them some more useage amongst the sea of ninjas online, so I've shyed away.

Anyway, immediately after making that post I unlocked Revenant Liu Kang, so I'm taking it as a sign.

patchday

Kenshi sucks? Dang. I wonder where Kano ranks- top tier / mid tier? Need to find a tier listing

Yeah of course they want us to try different characters. It's better for business if we're willing to branch out to the new dlc characters...

stn

I don't know if Kenshi sucks but he's definitely not good. The main Kenshi player at TYM believes he's a bad character, especially the balanced and kenjutsu variations. I really like the character, though. Looks badass and is fun to play. Hoping they buff his balanced telefury to make it safe on block, some characters can punish it full screen!!!!

Manu

I don't know if Kenshi sucks but he's definitely not good. The main Kenshi player at TYM believes he's a bad character, especially the balanced and kenjutsu variations. I really like the character, though. Looks badass and is fun to play. Hoping they buff his balanced telefury to make it safe on block, some characters can punish it full screen!!!!

I think he's right, sadly. Kenshi was one of my mains in MK9 and I really tried to make it work in MKX, but he's simply not as good as before. His Kenjutsu variety is useless, it has shit combos and most of his specials can't even be linked. Balanced is better but still slow as shit. Most of his combo starters are slow as fuck. Posessed is cool to troll opponents online (and my go-to character to fight Jason,) but yeah, Kenshi isn't nearly as good as he was in 9. I get more wins with D'Vorah online than I do with him, despite having spent considerably less time practicing with her.

Xevren

I feel so bad for Kenshi as a Reptile player, pretty much any special gets punished at most distances. Dude really needs better normals, even his down pokes are a complete joke.

Demoskinos

I feel so bad for Kenshi as a Reptile player, pretty much any special gets punished at most distances. Dude really needs better normals, even his down pokes are a complete joke.

Yeah, there are several characters that REALLY need some buffs. Kenshi and Reptile are for sure at the top of that list sadly.

Xevren

Damage is low because his mixups are insanely fast. And after the last patch his b2 overhead is +1, of course something has to give and it's his damage but he has great normals. I switched to noxious, turn on the fumes and go nuts with great normals and let them kill themselves now. It's great.

Demoskinos

Damage is low because his mixups are insanely fast. And after the last patch his b2 overhead is +1, of course something has to give and it's his damage but he has great normals. I switched to noxious, turn on the fumes and go nuts with great normals and let them kill themselves now. It's great.

Well, seeing as you're a reptile player and I'm not i'm in no position to argue but just what I observed while watching Max last night. But hey, if nothing else he has his klassic outfit now,eh?

Xevren

Well, seeing as you're a reptile player and I'm not i'm in no position to argue but just what I observed while watching Max last night. But hey, if nothing else he has his klassic outfit now,eh?

You have no idea how happy I am now that I have my klassic skin, so tight!

DR2K

Banned
I was way too offended by your zoning to appreciate the brutality.

Kitana is kind of poopie up close. Not terrible, but designed in mind to play the zoning game. Her Royal Storm variation is especially supportive of that with her long range air toss, reflector, and her kick special.

slackjaw10

Neo Member

This is why I use him as my secondary (Takeda is main). Not only are some of his attacks super fast (bf2 and bf4 EX mainly, but f2 ain't too shabby either) but he also has two low combo-starters and three overhead attacks, one of which can hit from long range.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I drop so many of my Erron Black combos online (PC), I'm just going to stick to more basic ones that do 8-10% less damage but hit more frequently. Instead of F1,2 xx DB3, B3, 2, U1, NJP, F2, 3, 21122 xx DBF2 (30%) I'm just doing F1,2 xx DB3, NJP, F2, 2+4 (22%) or F1,2 xx DB3, NJP, DF3 (~20% + bleed).

To use your super moves (when the bar is filled up) is there a particular button combo that works for all characters to execute it, or does each have their own?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
To use your super moves (when the bar is filled up) is there a particular button combo that works for all characters to execute it, or does each have their own?

Do you mean X-Ray or EX moves? For X-rays the input is the same for everyone. EX moves just need one bar. Each character has a set of specials that have EX ability (aka armor). The game tells you which have armor in the moves list menu. All you have to do is use the same input as you'd normally do but hit the block button at the same time you hit the last input (e.g., if your move is D, B, 3 you'd go D, B, 3+RT).

Here's a list of all the moves that have armor: Link

There are a few nuances, some moves only have armor after a knock down (i.e., on wake up), etc., but should give you a good starting point.

Reule

Do I not get the kold war skins even if I have the Kombat pack?
No, you have to buy it separately.

Kombat Pack only includes:
Samurai Skin pack for Shinnok, Kitana and Kenshi
Jason character
Horror Skin pack for Reptile, Mileena and Ermac
Tanya character
Klassic Skin pack #1 for Sonya, Kano and Liu Kang.
Predator character
Prey Skin pack for Jax, Johnny Cage and Scorpion.
Tremor character
Klassic Skin pack #2 for Jax, Quan Chi and Kung Lao.

I was hoping that Tanya was gonna be released this Tuesday, but with no announcement I'm losing hope.
I know. I'm getting excited for Tanya now but I also just want the DLC to keep trucking along. The longer it takes for Tanya to come out, the longer I have to wait for Predator and Tremor. :(

Demoskinos

Is GAF the only place you shared this video with? Because you have a bunch of salty folks giving you thumbs down because of zoning. I swear, fighting gamers have the worst mentalities out there. Nothing but scrubs and whiners.

Yeah, instead of trying to figure out how to beat something they just whine and then have no idea why they continue to suck.

Do you mean X-Ray or EX moves? For X-rays the input is the same for everyone. EX moves just need one bar. Each character has a set of specials that have EX ability (aka armor). The game tells you which have armor in the moves list menu. All you have to do is use the same input as you'd normally do but hit the block button at the same time you hit the last input (e.g., if your move is D, B, 3 you'd go D, B, 3+RT).

Here's a list of all the moves that have armor: Link

There are a few nuances, some moves only have armor after a knock down (i.e., on wake up), etc., but should give you a good starting point.
Great, thanks for all the info!

Xevren

Is GAF the only place you shared this video with? Because you have a bunch of salty folks giving you thumbs down because of zoning. I swear, fighting gamers have the worst mentalities out there. Nothing but scrubs and whiners.

MK brings the casuals, and they have no desire to learn how to get around it. Zoning isn't even strong in this game lol

DR2K

Banned

Yeah I notice a pattern in my fg videos. Rush down play = likes. Zoning = dislikes. It's all gravy, just sharing tech.

Manu

All this talk on Kenshi sucking saddens me, he was one of my mains in MK9, now, he's a joke.

get-over-here-bro.png

Reule

Anybody want to boost to get Hotshot Johnny? I'm on now. PS4.

Edit: Nevermind, I got him. Whoo! Still need Revenant Kung Lao but I'm slowly getting near him.

slackjaw10

Neo Member
So lately, anytime I've been in a room looking for matches, it shows everyone (other than myself) as having 0 bar pings. Every single person. But then someone will challenge me and they'll have 2 or 3 bars. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm on PS4 btw.

Anyone think it would be too much if Kotal Kahn's Sun God variation had a Raiden styled teleport? You know, like the one in his intro?

I don't think War God needs it and it might be too OP with Blood God. I also think it would be fair to lose the heal. By itself it's kinda useless anyway, but paired with a teleport I could see it being too much.

I think it would add a decent mixup game to him and make him more unique than a command grab that just takes too long for how little the overall damage is.

Top Bottom