• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

valeo

I can't get the end move to Jax's f212 string. I think it's supposed to be f212d2+3? Any ideas?

p.s. love that Jax can duck under Jacqui's full auto spam and advance forward with the 12 string

Beat Story Mode today.

Kinda baffled by the decision to
make Cassie Cage the savior of Earthrealm but she was pretty badass.

Overall, I enjoyed Mortal Kombat X...not sure if I'll touch online much but I still got story towers to complete, so there's that.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Beat Story Mode today.

Kinda baffled by the decision to
make Cassie Cage the savior of Earthrealm but she was pretty badass.

Overall, I enjoyed Mortal Kombat X...not sure if I'll touch online much but I still got story towers to complete, so there's that.

For better or worse, they seem intent on exploring
the Cage family having the bloodline of some special ancient warriors with a unique power. Maybe it will go somewhere in MK 11.

Will there be DLC arenas or will it just be characters and skins?

On Twitter Boon said they're looking into the cost of remaking MK9 stages because there is a demand for them. No word on totally new stages.

Demoskinos

I'm surprised nobody in here is talking about that Combo Breaker top 8 last night. Holy cow. That last set between Sonic Fox and Dizzy was incredible. The whole thing came down to the last guess from sonic fox.

Xevren

I'm surprised nobody in here is talking about that Combo Breaker top 8 last night. Holy cow. That last set between Sonic Fox and Dizzy was incredible. The whole thing came down to the last guess from sonic fox.

I usually just post in the tourney thread, but mkx as a whole at combo breaker was great. Seeing Alukard go far with Kotal was nice, character is good.

Demoskinos

I usually just post in the tourney thread, but mkx as a whole at combo breaker was great. Seeing Alukard go far with Kotal was nice, character is good.

Yeah, he is. I've only messed around with Sun God. Might have to give War God a go. The few brutalities he got off were awesome. Crowd popped like crazy for it the first time.

Quick Thoughts.

1. I hate facing Ermac.

2. I hate facing Melina.

3. I hate facing Ermac.

4. What the hell does Jax say at the end of rounds? Crap oak?

5. Any pointers on executing Brutalities?

Reule

Camp Crystal Lake
I wish there were guest stages. Speaking of Friday the 13th, I sort of wish the skin pack that came with Jason was themed to it rather than classic horror. Don't get me wrong, those skins are cool and still wanted them for say Halloween. It just would've been cool to get a Camp Crystal Lake guidance counselor outfit for Cassie or maybe a Pamela Voorhees outfit for someone else. That is considering the skin pack coming with Predator will be more themed toward that series.

Edit: Dead Woods works well enough for Jason and Kuatan Jungle for Predator though!

Missed most of Combo Breaker so I'm watching through the pools right now. Combo Breaker seemed really good. Can't wait for CEO. I live in Orlando so I may head there to spectate if I can.

4. What the hell does Jax say at the end of rounds? Crap oak?
Cry Uncle!

I wish there were guest stages. Speaking of Friday the 13th, I sort of wish the skin pack that came with Jason was themed to it rather than classic horror. Don't get me wrong, those skins are cool and still wanted them for say Halloweent. It just would've been cool to get a Camp Crystal Lake guidance counselor outfit for Cassie or maybe a Pamela Voorhees outfit for someone else. That is considering the skin pack coming with Predator will be more themed toward that series.

Edit: Dead Woods works well enough for Jason and Kuatan Jungle for Predator though!

Missed most of Combo Breaker so I'm watching through the pools right now. Combo Breaker seemed really good. Can't wait for CEO. I live in Orlando so I may head there to spectate if I can.

Cry Uncle!

Really? 'Cause I coulda sworn it was crap oak. But yeah...that'd make more sense.

Manu

Quick, unpredictable, and heaven forbid I get stuck in a corner (still need to get use to using combo breakers).

Mileena is really predictable since every single Mileena player does the same thing. Only one of her combos has an annoying 50/50, and even then it's pretty low damage.

I'm also surprised at no Kung Jin on your list.

Demoskinos

Quick, unpredictable, and heaven forbid I get stuck in a corner (still need to get use to using combo breakers).

Standing block should really take care of most of your troubles with Mileena. I know that sounds like obvious advice but most of her good combo starters have pretty bad startup or are extremely un-safe on block. Roll and the teleport kick can both be blocked standing since the roll hits mid (although the ex version starts with an overhead).

The only thing you'd really have to worry about at that point are potential low sai projectiles if they pick Piercing and of course grabs. Theres a LOT of people who don't realize that her roll hits mid and not low which is a big game changer because if your always stand blocking her her overheads are a lot less scary.

Mileena is really predictable since every single Mileena player does the same thing. Only one of her combos has an annoying 50/50, and even then it's pretty low damage.

I'm also surprised at no Kung Jin on your list.

Been playing towers against cpu opponents, he never came up. lol

Standing block should really take care of most of your troubles with Mileena. I know that sounds like obvious advice but most of her good combo starters have pretty bad startup or are extremely un-safe on block. Roll and the teleport kick can both be blocked standing since the roll hits mid (although the ex version starts with an overhead).

The only thing you'd really have to worry about at that point are potential low sai projectiles if they pick Piercing and of course grabs. Theres a LOT of people who don't realize that her roll hits mid and not low which is a big game changer because if your always stand blocking her her overheads are a lot less scary.

Awesome. Thanks for the tips.

Wow never knew that, always thought it was a low, thanks!

valeo

^ The one thing that annoys me about MK. Some things that hit look like a mid then the exact same looking move with another character is a high. So confusing.

Also, some projectiles you can duck under and some you can't even though they look the same heigh?

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I've begun muting my TV half the time I'm playing online now. C'mon NR, just patch in a mute all option already.

In non-obnoxious mic news, I feel like I'm seeing a helluva lot more Kenshi these days than Scorpions. That's oddly refreshing and annoying at the same time.

Vaga

115 items locked behind the Shrine of the Dead. Seriously? Might have overdone that.

It's easy once you max out all factions and you get the background/border/icon set that nets you about 1800 or 1900 gold per faction kill. Set up a kustom kombat with 2 DS4 use a low health modifier and grind those wins. 100k easily in about 30 minutes. Keep betting 1100-1300 max, if you start getting money returns slightly decrease/increase the amount.

It's easy once you max out all factions and you get the background/border/icon set that nets you about 1800 or 1900 gold per faction kill. Set up a kustom kombat with 2 DS4 use a low health modifier and grind those wins. 100k easily in about 30 minutes. Keep betting 1100-1300 max, if you start getting money returns slightly decrease/increase the amount.

I read somewhere that 2100 is the magic number for returns. Any truth to that? Good tip on the background/border/icons aswell. I haven't changed those in a while. And have only changed them once for that matter.

patchday

I've begun muting my TV half the time I'm playing online now. C'mon NR, just patch in a mute all option already.

In non-obnoxious mic news, I feel like I'm seeing a helluva lot more Kenshi these days than Scorpions. That's oddly refreshing and annoying at the same time.

Yes mute would be preferred when needed but beyond that just plug in a headset and put it on the table or something with the volume all the way down.

I wouldn't mute the entire game lol

Majestad

Banned
I'm loving playing ranked matches now. Pretty fast to find a match, and usually the matchmaking is on point too.

I have a local tournament this Friday so I hope I can get my Cassie ready by then.

vg260

Yes mute would be preferred when needed but beyond that just plug in a headset and put it on the table or something with the volume all the way down.

I wouldn't mute the entire game lol

There should be a global mute voice chat option on the system. Xbox has this, right?

I'd mute the game rather than hearing one-way chat, as much as I hate to play without sound.

patchday

Any word on the release of Tanya?

did you miss the tweet from ed boon?

There should be a global mute voice chat option on the system. Xbox has this, right?

I'd mute the game rather than hearing one-way chat, as much as I hate to play without sound.

Idk bout xbox but I know PS4 doesn't. You have to plug in a mic to access the volume control (but for sure no mute options I can find)

Oh just found a good post to help that guy.

you can start a PSN party on your local PS4, rather than use the in game mic chat, to exclude everyone other than your friends.

Horseress

No, it was great, no crashes, fast matchmaking, ACTUAL PING BARS. IMAGINE A WORLD WHERE ACTUAL PING BARS EXIST!!!!

reality sucks man
IkhzqNC.png

Manu

Well, I've came up with a strategy to deal with Kung Jin using Ermac that's working for me half of the times, which is still better than "not at all".

Also, holy shit did moving this thread to Community kill it.

Well, I've came up with a strategy to deal with Kung Jin using Ermac that's working for me half of the times, which is still better than "not at all".

Is that why's it's been so slow in here? Was wondering.

And oh man fighting Takeda as an invasion boss is insane! Any tips to hold off some of the damage from the combo that seems to always end in those rabbit punches to the gut?

Demoskinos

Yeah when OT's are moved to community usually only ppl that are subscribed bother showing up. That and lot of people drop off games after 2 months.

Xevren

Will probably be a bit more active when Tanya is about to come out. It would be even busier if the online was in a better state.

Manu

Will probably be a bit more active when Tanya is about to come out. It would be even busier if the online was in a better state.

Online on PS4 has been better than ever since the last patch. I still get the occasional laggy match, but there's few and far between.

Most matches have been perfect.

patchday

Can't understand how people move on so fast from this game. Well at least on ps4 its been great. Such a well polished thing. I play it offline a little bit everyday. I try to get online at least bout once a week for some KOTH.

Top Bottom