• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

What's fishy is that they went out of their way to patch the game so you earn less coins manually.

Maybe so people wouldn't blow through the content so fast? Maybe they wanted reviewers to get all the content at an accelerated rate? It's not always something nefarious.

Dr. Buni

How many packs I need to have stages to play the game? I have Kitana, Kotal Khan, Ermac and some other character unlocked, but no stages =D

My game's downloaded fine on PC but doesn't list any 16:9 resolutions except my max one, which my computer can't run the game at really lol. Even changing it in the INI seems to do nothing

Story mode is pretty good so far. Although Kotal Kahn's chapter was tough, because Kotal Kahn is TERRIBLE.

Ferra/Torr was the first character I tried, and I'm really liking them. I've got a couple of good combos already.

Story mode is pretty good so far. Although Kotal Kahn's chapter was tough, because Kotal Kahn is TERRIBLE.

Ferra/Torr was the first character I tried, and I'm really liking them. I've got a couple of good combos already.
Sounds like great minds think alike lol.

I saw that 5% fuck outta here wit dat bullllshiiitttt
:p

Anyway, I noticed Cassie has some moves that are basically Darkshots? Slades? , which makes me wonder...

And characters have ridiculous super armor throws like Bane had in Injustice? Command grabs seem hard to land in this one.

OmegaDL50

I just started downloading pack 11 (despite 5 and 9 missing)

According to my Steam folder I have 8GB downloaded out of 40GB.

That's 20% of the entire game and I STILL can't select a stage to try practice mode.

Meh....Fucking MEH!!!

zogged

Ok, I have a controller dilemma. I really want to use my fightstick but I have no clue what a good button setup would be. Can anyone recommend an ideal button layout or should I use a regular gamepad for the game?

Dr. Buni

I saw that 5% fuck outta here wit dat bullllshiiitttt
One more reason to join it. Just avoid Lin Kuei, everyone and their mothers and fathers are joining it.
I just started downloading pack 11 (despite 5 and 9 missing)

According to my Steam folder I have 8GB downloaded out of 40GB.

That's 20% of the entire game and I STILL can't select a stage to try practice mode.

Meh....Fucking MEH!!!
What the fuck. I guess I should give up on even playing this today.

molnizzle

It's almost $24. To unlock everything.

eh, or you could just play the game if that's what you're into. The only people paying $20 to unlock the Krypt are those who don't want to (or don't have the ability) to unlock it through gameplay. It's not hurting anyone.

I don't mind stuff like this because I'll sometimes use it in games I just want to play casually and not devote too much time too. I bought the "unlock all abilities" thing in NFS Rivals and enjoyed the few hours I played of the game much more. The diehard fans are going to play it a shitload either way, it doesn't really matter.

I also really want to unlock Shinnock with his lil skeleton arms. That's great haha

Okay, so it sounds like the PC version is a disaster. Surprising
/s

Am I safe to get the PS4 version?
I use a lan cable but everything's flawless.

I remember MK9 took like an hour to find a match at launch, this takes <a minute.

molnizzle

Okay, so it sounds like the PC version is a disaster. Surprising
/s

Am I safe to get the PS4 version?

PS4 version working perfectly for me and my PS360 TE2 stick. The factions server was down for a few hours last night but that was the only technical hiccup. Even the netcode seems to be solid so far, though I've only played a couple of matches. Matchmaking time is quick too. I'm connected via Ethernet though since I'm not a caveman. ;-)

So glad I didn't get this for PC.

Big Brett

PS4 version is region locked MP but seems to be working fine otherwise

I also really want to unlock Shinnock with his lil skeleton arms. That's great haha

I use a lan cable but everything's flawless.

I remember MK9 took like an hour to find a match at launch, this takes <a minute.

PS4 version working perfectly for me and my PS360 TE2 stick. The factions server was down for a few hours last night but that was the only technical hiccup. Even the netcode seems to be solid so far (though I've only played a couple of matches).

So glad I didn't get this for PC.

Thank guys. Picking it up after. I'm a casual fighter fan, and MK9 hit the perfect stride with me. Excited for X.

galvatron

Before I left for work I had about 70% of the roster unlocked for single matches and what looked like all the stages.

Played Raiden against Kung Lao and started getting the basics of Justin Wong's big corner Raiden combo. Doesn't seem hard to do at all...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so I see Steam still isnt downloading the rest of MKX. will wait another hour and 15min when the game was supposed to unlock originally to see wha thappens, for now it still seems like something went wrong with the new preload system

Ok, I have a controller dilemma. I really want to use my fightstick but I have no clue what a good button setup would be. Can anyone recommend an ideal button layout or should I use a regular gamepad for the game?
LP blk RP
Lk blk RK

Use the other two for whatever.

Korezo

Is the game with playable with pack 5 and 9 missing? Also why can't I launch the game while it's downloading the packs.. Isn't the purpose of this was to be able to play while downloading....

Anyone who's using FerraTorr, what variation are you using? The one where you throw Ferra seems the best by a mile to me, but I haven't tried the others much.

hertog

I'm going to main Kano.

Never really played MK-X but his cyber form looks like a Blanka with zoning tools and his commando form is more like an Able with a Blanka-ball :)

Manu

I just did a Brutality on Ferra/Torr as Ermac and he said "we are many, you are but two."

Dat attention to detail.

galvatron

so I see Steam still isnt downloading the rest of MKX. will wait another hour and 15min when the game was supposed to unlock originally to see wha thappens, for now it still seems like something went wrong with the new preload system

Have you tried quitting steam an MK then restarting them? That worked for me. MKX exited after sitting at the menu screen and my steam client started downloading 23 packs. Started MKX again and it started getting the rest.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
has anyone checked all the "install packs" under DLC on the steam version? goes up to 29 packs on mine, each about 400 megs it seems.

something definately went wrong with the new "play while downloading" system

Have you tried quitting steam an MK then restarting them? That worked for me. MKX exited after sitting at the menu screen and my steam client started downloading a 23 packs. Started MKX again and it started getting the rest.

I just manually did it now, will see what happens.

edit: oh packs 5 and 9 are missing. oh boy lol

Top Bottom