• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

All parts downloaded for me, story mode, towers, test your luck and online still inaccessible. How do you fuck up a port this hard these days

fernoca

Yes two years after the comics.

Cassie is already a teenager in the MKX comics. There IS a substantial gap from MK9 > MKX comic > MKX
Two years after the last game though. Game starts two years after Shinnok invades Earth along Quan Chi.

First comic starts after that, since Scorpion is already human. Heck, (spoiler?) you see the moment (and how) he turns human in the game. And how both Sonya and Johnny "clicked".

There are still too many plotholes too, even including the comics. Hopefully will be fixed with...more comics.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'm on the fence about it. It seems outrageous, but there's a little voice in the back of my head that says, " to not have to grind through the Krypt and get all those costumes and brutalities and stuff RIGHT NOW seems like a good deal."

I probably won't do it. I probably wouldn't even consider it if I didn't have sitting in my PSN wallet.
I might do it just to avoid those fucking jump scares.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The game is Fun but it is quite ugly

I think Mortal Kombat 2012 to be a better game than MKX and even better looking

original.jpg

Saiyan-Rox

This download while you play system they're doing on steam is just so so so stupid!

3GB "preload" wasn't even enough to boot the game up and I can't even do a single fight with it, it just crashes straight to the desktop :/

JackEtc

So, one day in, what's everyone think? Analog stick or D-Pad?

I want to use the Dpad but I keep resorting to the stick on the DS4. Played a few games last night before going to bed and I def forgot everything from 9 haha, I suck now

fernoca

What is exactly in the kombat pack? can it all be unlocked ingame?
Kombat Pack is a season pass. Basically DLC that will be released through the next months. 4 characters (Predator, Jason, Tremor, Tanya), a few skin packs (like Carl Weathers) and other alt. costumes.

There are still plenty of costumes in the game.

OmegaDL50

Kombat pack is basically the games Season Pass.

It contains the upcoming four DLC chars, Jason Vorhees, Predator, Tremor, and Tanya, as well as 15 or so costumes (3 costumes per character pack)

Characters alone would be $5 each so that would be $20. And the Costume Packs are likely $4 each so that is $15....So you are probably saving only $5 buying the Kombat Pack.

I'd say $25 would probably a fairer price. Generally you are supposed to SAVE buying the Season Pass rather then individually and $5 doesn't seem to be a substantial enough savings.

kencey

WTF is this? They divided the game in pieces?
I downloaded 3gb this morning before work.
I thought i would be playing this game tonight after work, i guess not.

Edzi

So what button layouts are you guys using? The default seemed a little weird, especially for arcade sticks. I ended up going with :

square: FP, triangle: BP, R1: Block

X: FK, circle: BK, R2: stance change

zogged

The kombat pack is a season pass that includes Predator, Jason, Tremor and Tanya, as well as 4 costume packs. All of this has to be bought and can't be unlocked in-game.

Kombat pack is basically the games Season Pass.

It contains the upcoming four DLC chars, Jason Vorhees, Predator, Tremor, and Tanya, as well as 15 or so costumes (3 costumes per character pack)

Characters alone would be $5 each so that would be $20. And the Costume Packs are likely $4 each so that is $15....So you are probably saving only $5 buying the Kombat Pack.

I'd say $25 would probably a fairer price. Generally you are supposed to SAVE buying the Season Pass rather then individually and $5 doesn't seem to be a substantial enough savings.

Which is pretty terrible as all content seems to be on disc already? :D Tanya atleast is a non-playable character already and you will need to pay real money to play as her.

So, one day in, what's everyone think? Analog stick or D-Pad?

I want to use the Dpad but I keep resorting to the stick on the DS4. Played a few games last night before going to bed and I def forgot everything from 9 haha, I suck now

Always go with the d-pad. It feels unnatural otherwise.

Khezu

Really sucks about the PC version, I was so close to preordering it before I came to my senses and decided to go with PS4.

Curious to see how well the port holds up outside of that weird streaming download issue thing.

OmegaDL50

Which is pretty terrible as all content seems to be on disc already? :D Tanya atleast is a non-playable character already and you will need to pay real money to play as her.

No. None of the DLC characters are on-disc with the exception Goro due being a pre-order.

The Tanya in story mode doesn't even have original moves but rather using Kitana's moveset basically.

Log into the PS store on your PC and then look at your download list. Goro and the kombat pack were in there for me. I got the samurai pack off PSN on ps4.
I just looked. Goro shows up as downloaded on my system but when I click on it it says the content is unavailable or not on the store at all. This is pissing me off. I mean I can buy Goro no problem but still I shouldn't have to.

She's not finished, though. In the game right now, she shows up with Kitana's stance and moves taken from other characters. The DLC release shall give her a unique stance and her own moves, and three variations just like everyone else.

Fury451

Banned

This has been covered repeatedly: Tanya is a skin swap/composite right now. She's not playable in a final form- basically she's just a skin with copied move sets. So no, she's not paywall locked.

Kinsei

Banned
How the hell are you supposed to play Kotal Kahn? I really want to get good with him since I like him as a character, but he's so damn slow. I even lost to
Tanya
in story mode with him on normal.

Dr. Buni

Always go with the d-pad. It feels unnatural otherwise.
I am the kind of alien who plays everything with analog, I just can't go back to d-pad in most cases.
He doesn't even look like an older version of the same character lol.
Which is great because he looked ridiculous in MK9. A lot of characters look very different from how they looked in the past game and that is actually a good thing.

phaonaut

I made a combo :)
https://youtu.be/BIQPKFl3T5c

Can fellow cassie players critique it? I feel like I can swap the throw after the run for a string into nut punch as ender. My execution is not very good to do that

I don't know how viable this combo is but its the first 36% meterless corner combo with her and that makes me happy

Nice damage for a meter less combo. How far from the corner can you be and still do this combo? Can you carry to the corner and do it?

Chairhome

Anyone pre-order from Best Buy? I haven't gotten my Goro code, and it wasn't on the receipt... I did in-store pick up, too, so hopefully it pops up in my email like it usually does.

EDIT: I guess they might not have sent them yet? My order still says "in process"...

This happened to me as well (Playing on Xbone). I stopped last night fighting Rain then resuming today it had a cutscenes of Rain defeated and threw me into the Mileena fight.

I had the exact same thing happen to me on the PS4. I wonder if it is a bug with that specific fight.

I got all the parts downloaded including 5 and 9. Scorpion and Subzero are still not unlocked wtf. While the game does run a lot better I get 59-61 fps in 1080p constantly so there has got to be more to the game that needs to be downloaded. Only single fight, training, krypt are unlocked.

fernoca

Again, since some still say this...

SHE'S NOT IN THE DISC. NONE OF THE KOMBAT PACK CHARACTERS ARE.

There is a Tanya that you see and fight in the game, but she uses mixes of stances from other characters. The DLC with have her own 3 stances, moves, etc.

Top Bottom