• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

jbug617

Banned
I can't get Mime Johnny Cage to unlock on the console. I linked my WBID on both mobile and console.

Blue Steel Sub Zero looks weird to me. It sort of like a plastic look.

Anyone who's using FerraTorr, what variation are you using? The one where you throw Ferra seems the best by a mile to me, but I haven't tried the others much.

Yeah, that's the one I'm using. That move is a really good combo ender.

My go-to combo right now is: b1, 2, 1, bf4.

I hope Ferra/Torr has a chapter in story mode, but I kinda doubt it.

I just did a Brutality on Ferra/Torr as Ermac and he said "we are many, you are but two."

Dat attention to detail.

Haha, that's pretty awesome.

RetroMG

It's almost $24. To unlock everything.

I'm on the fence about it. It seems outrageous, but there's a little voice in the back of my head that says, "$24 to not have to grind through the Krypt and get all those costumes and brutalities and stuff RIGHT NOW seems like a good deal."

I probably won't do it. I probably wouldn't even consider it if I didn't have $30 sitting in my PSN wallet.

One of his variations I played against in the Tower gave him fleshless arms haha. I don't know anything else about it. Buuuut...

Like each variation has visual differences you know?

I got him in the tower too, it's the Necromancer version with his bony little arms. I actually said out loud, "How are you going to hit me with those little sticks?" Then he blasted Scorpion's face open with dark magic, and I said, "Oh. That's how."

Holy shit. Downloaded enough on Steam to play a stage against AI. Raiden versus Liu Kang at the Sky Temple. Beautiful rain and lighting.

Beautiful game. I'm in love.

Downloading the 10GB pack 28 now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm on the fence about it. It seems outrageous, but there's a little voice in the back of my head that says, "$24 to not have to grind through the Krypt and get all those costumes and brutalities and stuff RIGHT NOW seems like a good deal."

I probably won't do it. I probably wouldn't even consider it if I didn't have $30 sitting in my PSN wallet.
"

thats exactly what they (and any company tht has these "unlock everything" dlcs) wants and expects :)

RM8

I love PC gaming and I'm hyped for this version over the console version (free online, any controller I want, future mods, playing around with settings, and I got the complete version for cheaper than the basic version on consoles) - but this is why there's nothing better as simply going to the store and buying a game if you want to play on day one. And this is why I'll always buy physical on handhelds / consoles.

Do those unlocks have utility for like tournament organizers, since they'd probably want all the moves and costumes for their players? It's a little less scummy.

One thing that bugs me about the story mode: 20 years doesn't seem like a long time between the past and present timelines. For Cassie to even be 18, Johnny and Sonya would've had to start dating, presumably get married, and then have a child within 2 years, which means she'd have to be pregnant within 15 months. And that's if she's only just turned 18, which seems really young to be on this elite Special Forces unit.

I think 25 years would've made more sense.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I love PC gaming and I'm hyped for this version over the console version (free online, any controller I want, future mods, playing around with settings, and I got the complete version for cheaper than the basic version on consoles) - but this is why there's nothing better as simply going to the store and buying a game if you want to play on day one. And this is why I'll always buy physical on handhelds / consoles.

the PC version is steamworks, the boxed version would be a glorified steam key, it would be the same

molnizzle

get up, get up get-get down

One thing that bugs me about the story mode: 20 years doesn't seem like a long time between the past and present timelines. For Cassie to even be 18, Johnny and Sonya would've had to start dating, presumably get married, and then have a child within 2 years, which means she'd have to be pregnant within 15 months. And that's if she's only just turned 18, which seems really young to be on this elite Special Forces unit.

I think 25 years would've made more sense.

eh, in the flashback sequences you can tell they're together. It's assumed that they're already sleeping together at that point. It's not like you gotta be married to have kids. ;-)

OmegaDL50

eh, in the flashback sequences you can tell they're together. It's assumed that they're already sleeping together at that point. It's not like you gotta be married to have kids. ;-)

Also MKX doesn't immediately take place after MK9.

There is the canon comic book series for MKX which bridges the gap between the two games.

A considerable amount of time has passed between the two games from the start of MKX.

Finally installing the full game via the "download packs" on Steam. I seem to be missing number 5 and number 9.

Hopefully they show up later. Might not actually be able to play this today what with all the installing I have to do.

Finally installing the full game via the "download packs" on Steam. I seem to be missing number 5 and number 9.

Hopefully they show up later. Might not actually be able to play this today what with all the installing I have to do.

Yeah, no one has those yet. Installing whats available allows you to do CPU matches and training with a handful of characters.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Can't seem to achieve Shinnoks second fatality. (Flick Trick)

It's U-D-U-D-RT (Mid) but all he keeps doing is teleporting. Any help?

If they were already dating, why does Johnny get excited when she calls him Johnny? That seemed to imply that they weren't yet together.

Also MKX doesn't immediately take place after MK9.

There is the canon comic book series for MKX which bridges the gap between the two games.

A considerable amount of time has passed between the two games from the start of MKX.

Two years, I believe they say in the intro. Not that long.

malfcn

Strange that Goro is randomly in the box with some people, and required on the receipt for other people.

Anyone pick up the deal at Target?

sephi22

I made a combo :)
https://youtu.be/BIQPKFl3T5c

Can fellow cassie players critique it? I feel like I can swap the throw after the run for a string into nut punch as ender. My execution is not very good to do that

I don't know how viable this combo is but its the first 36% meterless corner combo with her and that makes me happy

Syntsui

Play and enjoy the game, you absolutely DON'T need everything unlocked from the start. By the time you have played enough to be satisfied, you'll have enough coins to buy everything.

I'm starting to wonder if this isn't a Valve issue. Maybe the PC game just wasn't done and now they are feeding us finished portions piecemeal.

The PC version is playable, just not complete.

Top Bottom