• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

I didn't pay attention to the exact amount of koins I got from each fight, but it was definitely more than what the decrease was said to be. There's no way I would have had 80k koins after finishing story mode had the amount you received after each battle been lowered so significantly.

How many chapters are there in story mode?

Kinsei

Banned
The Ultimate Horror Pack - 26/04/2015
Playable character Jason Voorhees
Horror skins Vampiress Mileena, Kraken Reptile and Pharaoh Ermac

The Klassic Pack #1 - 10/05/2015
Playable character Tanya
Klassic skins for Kano, Sonya and Liu Kang

The Predator / Prey Pack - 24/05/2015
Playable character Predator
Predator-themed skins Commando Johnny, Infrared Scorpion and Carl Weathers as Jax

The Klassic Pack #2 - 07/06/2015
Playable character, Tremor
Klassic skins for Quan Chi, Jax and Kung Lao

In addition to the above, you also get the Samurai Pack which is available now.

12. It's shorter than MK9, but the story itself is better with less filler like all of the stupid Reptile & Baraka fights.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
The Ultimate Horror Pack - 26/04/2015
Playable character Jason Voorhees
Horror skins Vampiress Mileena, Kraken Reptile and Pharaoh Ermac

The Klassic Pack #1 - 10/05/2015
Playable character Tanya
Klassic skins for Kano, Sonya and Liu Kang

The Predator / Prey Pack - 24/05/2015
Playable character Predator
Predator-themed skins Commando Johnny, Infrared Scorpion and Carl Weathers as Jax

The Klassic Pack #2 - 07/06/2015
Playable character, Tremor
Klassic skins for Quan Chi, Jax and Kung Lao
Thanks!

All the faction kills:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPsD6jsh5i4

Kinsei

Banned
Ah so you have to unlock him. Be nice if they said that in game.

That poster is wrong, you don;t have to unlock Goro. Is Goro installed? If so has your game finished installing?

Yep, I told people this before but was told I was wrong. Despite it saying this on the code redemption paper.

The first thing I did last night when the game unlocked was play as Goro. Akiyama_AE can vouch for me since I used Goro against him online.

That poster is wrong, you don;t have to unlock Goro. Is Goro installed? If so has your game finished installing?

Have no idea if he's installed. He doesn't even show up in the games addon list on PSN. Game is fully installed.

Only thing that I downloaded was the samurai pack and coarse scorpion skin.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, you don't need to do anything to unlock Goro, he was just there for me.

That said there seemed to be something weird with the install since I was locked out of story mode for hours, it seemed like another update downloading(for me there was a ~4GB evil within DL going) seemed to stall it from finishing and letting me access stuff.

I didn't pay attention to the exact amount of koins I got from each fight, but it was definitely more than what the decrease was said to be. There's no way I would have had 80k koins after finishing story mode had the amount you received after each battle been lowered so significantly.

That's great to hear! Kinda happy people jumped the gun on the patch decreasing gains. I mean...I dunno.

12 I think.

I beat it last night, took me about 4.5hrs.

Have no idea if he's installed. He doesn't even show up in the games addon list on PSN. Game is fully installed.

Only thing that I downloaded was the samurai pack and coarse scorpion skin.

I bought a copy of the game with a redeem code in the slip of the disc cover.

I beat the story mode and then had to use a redeem code at the playstation store to download him - about 1.1mb.

Ill check when I get home tonight, but I beat the story mode before I downloaded and installed the patch.

I think I got about 25,000 koins.

What are the chances of being competitive online with just a DS4?
Really thinking about picking this up for PS4... or should I just get a cheap fighting pad for PC and go that route?

12 I think.

I beat it last night, took me about 4.5hrs.

I bought a copy of the game with a redeem code in the slip of the disc cover.

I beat the story mode and then had to use a redeem code at the playstation store to download him - about 1.1mb.

Yes, I used that code as well. I have a pre-order code from amazon as well that I haven't used but the recent purchases on the psn store site says I own him already.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
So Takeda's X-ray is weird...

Normally I just press O+X+R2 to do X-Ray's as O+X is the input for the stance change button. But for whatever reason Takeda's X-ray only activates when you actually press the actual stance change button instead of just pressing O+X which is way harder to do on the MK9 Tourney stick I'm playing on.

Isn't Takeda's x-ray in the air? I've had no issues doing it.

For those running the physical console versions, if you're finding game modes and content locked out, complete the Tutorial first. Doing so unlocks everything for play.

When I first loaded the game (PS4), I only had access to limited game modes, Scorpion and Sub-Zero were also the only selected characters. After completing the Tutorial, everything was available.

For those running the physical console versions, if you're finding game modes and content locked out, complete the Tutorial first. Doing so unlocks everything for play.

It's not playing the tutorial itself that unlocks everything, it's giving it the time it needs to finish installing. That's why the content is locked out.

It's not playing the tutorial itself that unlocks everything, it's giving it the time it needs to finish installing. That's why the content is locked out.

Are you sure? I installed the game first thing in the morning and left my PS4 in rest mode to download the update. I checked later in the afternoon and everything was installed. I didn't load the game until much later that night and still only had Scorpion and Sub-Zero available to play. It wasn't until after I finished the Tutorial that everything else was available.

Dr. Buni

I thought Goro was a DLC character, but somehow he is playable* in my game. I guess he was pre-order bonus or something then?

*He is selectable, at least. Still can't play because no stages.

I thought Goro was a DLC character, but somehow he is playable* in my game. I guess he was pre-order bonus or something then?

*He is selectable, at least. Still can't play because no stages.

Preorder. I got an unlock code in my game(coarse edition), Amazon also emailed me a different one.

Are you sure? I installed the game first thing in the morning and left my PS4 in rest mode to download the update. I checked later in the afternoon and everything was installed. I didn't load the game until much later that night and still only had Scorpion and Sub-Zero available to play. It wasn't until after I finished the Tutorial that everything else was available.

If you didn't actually load the game up this morning, then yea. That install you saw was just the initial one to be able to boot up the game. It doesn't start installing the rest until you boot it up.

If you didn't actually load the game up this morning, then yea. That install you saw was just the initial one to be able to boot up the game. It doesn't start installing the rest until you boot it up.

Haha. Thanks for clearing that up, my bad. I guess the timing was just a coincidence. The game needs an indicator to show the installation progress.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
You can switch faction selecting Faction option in the Main Menu and pick the last option: Change Faction

Dominator

Yep, I told people this before but was told I was wrong. Despite it saying this on the code redemption paper.
The code I got from GameStop worked and he downloaded right away. He was unlocked when I started the game up and I've used him for a few fights so far. Not even close to being done with story either.

Top Bottom