• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Dzab

Are there any other PS4 players using a PS3 Madcatz TE (round 1/original) stick?

I have input delay even on the menus and I'm hoping my stick is not faulty :(

tomasdk

Guys, try completing the tutorial on PC, I just did it and I swear I can now access everything. I first played the tutorial when the game was downloading and nothing happened since probably it was not downloaded yet. But I did it now when all 29 packs are downloaded and it unlocked the Tower, Story and Online. Please try it someone to see if it's really that or something different caused it

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I find brutalities very hard to pull off, will probably have a party when I manage to do one, if ever.

Takeda's is the easiest, but yeah they're difficult. Should be easy brutality tokens since fatalities are easy.

LegoArmo

I've never been good at a fighting game in my life, but I'm determined to get semi-decent at this.

Pulling off combos has just never come naturally to me.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Easy brutalities would give people a win button.

..wha? Brutalities just make a more satisfying effect occur for an already guarenteed kill blow. They don't do more damage than the normal EX move.

And Jacqui's brutality 1 is easy. Tap forward 3 time while the move is happening. Jax also had one out of normal throw I did by mistake...

Moff

I find brutalities very hard to pull off, will probably have a party when I manage to do one, if ever.

there is actually a fatality training mode in the game in the practice section

edit: nevermind for some reason I read fatality

and yeah, some of the brutalities are super hard, some are super easy, like simply end with a certain move (and maybe a direction)

Pachinko

Is it normal for the game to take a few minutes to let me select everything ? like is it installing in the background without telling me or something ?

I played about 20 minutes after patching and all I could select was the tutorial and practice as well as 1v1 , after closing the game and re-opening it , everything outside of online multiplayer and storymode were selectable.

Looks nice and seems pretty fun so far though.

angelic

Banned
these special codes for skins, i got scorpions ones from the kollectors ed - do they go up in value over time as they become less common, or do they peak at the game release time feeding frenzy?

just to clarify im not hawking them here to sell or anything, im just wondering whens the best time to offload them, is it best to wait or capitalise early? hopefully this breaks no rules in asking that question.

Finally, a stage installed and I was able to play (Scorpion vs. Sub-Zero).

Holy shit, is this game fast compared to MK9. Got beaten by the Lin Kuei dog, but damn this Kombat feels good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
PC working then? Cool will play some tomorow then :)

LordOfChaos

Not that it's hugely important, but seeing that X still has some bugs to be ironed out, I was thinking of just picking up the last one for PC to get caught up on it first and wait it out a bit. Is the story of X directly after 9? Or is it a reboot, or something else? Does it matter much?

Might just get MK9 Komplete edition and hold out a bit.

The Ultimate Horror Pack - 26/04/2015
Playable character Jason Voorhees
Horror skins Vampiress Mileena, Kraken Reptile and Pharaoh Ermac

The Klassic Pack #1 - 10/05/2015
Playable character Tanya
Klassic skins for Kano, Sonya and Liu Kang

The Predator / Prey Pack - 24/05/2015
Playable character Predator
Predator-themed skins Commando Johnny, Infrared Scorpion and Carl Weathers as Jax

The Klassic Pack #2 - 07/06/2015
Playable character, Tremor
Klassic skins for Quan Chi, Jax and Kung Lao

I thought Tremor was in the first Klassic pack and Tanya was in the second one?

Not that it's hugely important, but seeing that X still has some bugs to be ironed out, I was thinking of just picking up the last one for PC to get caught up on it first and wait it out a bit. Is the story of X directly after 9? Or is it a reboot, or something else? Does it matter much?

Might just get MK9 Komplete edition and hold out a bit.

The story of X is a direct sequel to 9. It's actually pretty important to know what happened in 9 for some of this game's story to make sense. I'd definitely recommend playing through 9 first.

Skab

Hmm. Game crashes every time I try to go online. Maybe PC is still a bit broke.

Story works though, so thats progress.

FHIZ

So what am I missing with brutalities? I've tried to do a couple here and there, and mind you, I'm not someone who has any problems with inputting fatalities, but I haven't gotten any brutality to work.

This felt so awesome.

irl01uLl6mNdk.png

Jaeger

I would bet my bottom dollar most of the Story Mode inclusive characters will be DLC in the future. Models and moves are already done. Most of those guys are heavily desired by the community and fans. Smoke being one. It's just a matter of time.

The 4 we know of is just the beginning.

Top Bottom