• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

OK, so my MKX download came with all the DLC - Kombat Pack, costumes etc - including the 'unlock everything in the Krypt' DLC however I did NOT download this as I wanted to unlock everything the regular way.

So the game's downloaded to about 20gb and the Krypt has become accessible... I go in there and everything has been opened (every grave is smashed etc), but, nothing in the game has been unlocked.
I have no second costumes, fatalities etc.

Also, I was playing the game at a friend's house last night. I'd signed in to PSN as player two so I could earn trophies as we played. He had everything unlocked, so perhaps that's something to with it?

I want to know if there's any way I can reset the Krypt so I can unlock everything the hard way??

Dubz

So I redeemed codes for the season pass and Goro back to back. When I finished I was able to download the Goro purchase but not the season pass. How do I go about downloading the season pass that I've already redeemed the code for?

Well, the story is awesome, but I'm disappointed with missing characters from MK9.

Story spoilers:
How come Tanya, Rain, and Baraka have 1 full moveset ready yet arent available to use? It saddens me because Rain has awesome moves and the effects look awesome.
I think they're both basically direct ports.

Kinsei

Banned
I've come to the conclusion that air throws are pretty much impossible online. The last match I had should have been cake as D'Vorah, but all my grabs didn't come out until after I had landed :(

Any NA PS4 Gaffers want to get together for a GAF King of the Hill room? My PSN is Kinsei1

hmm I think I remember not being able to pull that one off, you need to shoot from a certain distance, right? those are pretty much the hardest brutalities because obviously the enemy is constantly moving

Yeah they are pretty difficult to do on a CPU let alone an actual player lol..

Kinsei

Banned
Yeah they are pretty difficult to do on a CPU let alone an actual player lol..

At least hers doesn't require you to be above a certain amount of health. Pulling off D'Vorah's first brutality (requires you to be above half health) against other players is an amazing feeling.

Dinosur

What's this crap with it saving every online match? I'm already out of PS+ cloud space because the save file has ballooned to 200meg with a bunch of "match recordings."

Moff

At least hers doesn't require you to be above a certain amount of health. Pulling off D'Vorah's first brutality (requires you to be above half health) against other players is an amazing feeling.

I'd say that is still more likely than having the enemy player at a certain range
and some brutalities require the enemy to block the final move. come on.

i didn't play MK 9 question about plot

Is Johnny the winner of the Mortal Kombat tournament in reboot universe instead of Liu Kang? is he earth's champion

Demoskinos

Really surprised and also happy that Cassie was the one to kick the end bosses ass. She is by far the coolest new character.

Dubz

A friend of mine says his game is crashing on PS4 during the intro video and main menu. Is this happening to anyone else here?

Kinsei

Banned
Fuck Test Your Might 10. That's some Canary Mary shit.

i didn't play MK 9 question about plot

Is Johnny the winner of the Mortal Kombat tournament in reboot universe instead of Liu Kang? is he earth's champion

Nope.
Liu Kang won the MK1&2 tournaments like normally, but then Raiden realized that Shao Kahn needed to succeed in his invasion (MK3) so the Elder Gods would kill him.

People don't like playing Kotal? I just gave him a test run and he felt great. Heavy with quick strikes, kind of like Nightmare but even faster (War god style).

I got this game for $35 well worth the money I wouldn't spend $60 on it maybe if it had more characters i like fighting games with a shit load of characters like mk trilogy.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
People don't like playing Kotal? I just gave him a test run and he felt great. Heavy with quick strikes, kind of like Nightmare but even faster (War god style).

I found him to be ass, right alongside D'vorah. The only new chars I cannot even begin to understand. They felt terrible to me. Even Ferra/Torr, a grappler which I usually hate, felt right to me. Maybe I need to hit the lab harder or something.

zlatko

Banned
This game is the sex. Did 4 different opponents online and had zero issues with online lag which is great. Wewh.

Haven't touched the story yet.

Messed with tutorial, did online training with buddies, and a lot of offline training solo.

So hard to find things to make combos with unlike MK9 where everything just went with everything I felt.

I got a 30% combo with no meter on my boy Ermac without much issue, but Cassie Cage for example I was struggling with much of anything.

So much of the cast is hella fun to play and use.

Finding a main here is going to be super hard. Kenshi was surprisingly fun in all of his variations. What a bad ass.

Takeda is the shit. Loving this game. Netcode is far better than previous games however not perfect. Combos are a bit harder in this one but i welcome that change.

I'm thinking he must be good if you know what to do, right?

He's like a main character and he's so bad for most people it seems.
I think because in the story you get a heavy weight versus 4 fast characters. Feels really against you. Luckily I got enough skips to go to Chapter 3.

Edit: I like the Krypt but I suck against the jump scares.

I349uay.jpg

Tournament Reptile is the best costume in the game! I've been maining as Reptile all day.

Dominator

Fuck fuck fuck. I've had it in the green multiple times, but it goes out as soon as I press L2 & R2.
You on the last one? Took me about 7 tries but I used both thumbs holding the controller in a way that I could press the triggers into my leg, so I didn't have to take my fingers off the buttons. Worked for me.

Kinsei

Banned
You on the last one? Took me about 7 tries but I used both thumbs holding the controller in a way that I could press the triggers into my leg, so I didn't have to take my fingers off the buttons. Worked for me.

Yep. Turns out you don;t have to hit them both so I was able to do it. Too bad the costume sucks.

Karak

I know elsewhere people don't like the roster but for me, with the styles(like that one MK that allowed you to pick styles on the fly) this roster is really top notch to me. First MK ever where every character I want to play but maybe 1 or 2 TOTAL.

Demoskinos

So I just noticed I went through the entire story mode and.... none of my faction XP apparently counted as it says I've contributed 0 war points. =|

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I know elsewhere people don't like the roster but for me, with the styles(like that one MK that allowed you to pick styles on the fly) this roster is really top notch to me. First MK ever where every character I want to play but maybe 1 or 2 TOTAL.

It's got the 8 best new characters since MK3 literally. Perfect roster.

Majestad

Banned

Add Smoke and it would be the best roster in the series.

Top Bottom