• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

EulaCapra

I can't... Johnny Cage starts off Story Mode looking TERRIBLE for a thirtysomething with graying hair and eyebrows. Cut to 20 years later and it's the same face and the same gray on a different costume. I know it would've been pointless to create a younger Johnny for just a small section for story but yikes, Sonya was with a 50-year old man for 20 years lol.

Nyx

Ohhhh, I kinda miss it myself. Here's what we'll do, I'll change it now BUT I shall still fight you to the death come release day ;]

I'll send you a FR now.

Which platform are you getting, friend?

PSN : nyx1978

I got my PS4 copy since Saturday already. :)

I can't... Johnny Cage starts off Story Mode looking TERRIBLE for a thirtysomething with graying hair and eyebrows. Cut to 20 years later and it's the same face and the same gray on a different costume. I know it would've been pointless to create a younger Johnny for just a small section for story but yikes, Sonya was with a 50-year old man for 20 years lol.

I think all ‘’special forces’’ characters look pretty generic and lack the detail of for example characters like Quan Chi or Shinnok.

Nuszka

Does anyone know if the online is restricted as with previous games, for example if i got US version i could only play against people from that region.

Marvel

could never
PSN : nyx1978

I got my PS4 copy since Saturday already. :)

Added.

pekC3yX.gif

See you tomorrow.

MMaRsu

So i think i am fucked then. Got the game from US store but life in UK as it is so much more expensive here. No online for me then, or maybe it checks your IP address first?

You can still play online, only against US players only.

Nuszka

Yeah thats my point , knowing NR and their netcode that is out of the question. Think this info should be added in OP. Its sad that last gen games are better in this department.

Hasney

Yeah thats my point , knowing NR and their netcode that is out of the question. Think this info should be added in OP. Its sad that last gen games are better in this department.

MK9 & Injustice did the exact same thing so I don't see how last gen games are better...

MMaRsu

Actually it's just Netherrealm and a few other devs that use this region lock bullshit. Its a big reason for me to not buy the games that do this as I have friends from everywhere.

Dremark

Banned
Weird question, if the game only matches you with people who own the game released in the same area based on the origin of the disc/DL won't that mean that all the people getting the import special edition from Amazon in the us will only be able to play vs. People in Europe?

DrBo42

I hope anyone buying the PC version knows that they are getting into. MK9 and Injustice had some of the most garbage PC ports I've seen in recent years.

Yeah I'd highly recommend waiting for feedback before going anywhere near the PC version.

MMaRsu

Weird question, if the game only matches you with people who own the game released in the same area based on the origin of the disc/DL won't that mean that all the people getting the import special edition from Amazon in the us will only be able to play vs. People in Europe?

Correct if that version is the European version.

Great OT! Cannot wait for this to unlock tonight. This is quite possibly my most anticipated game since MK 2011 came out. PS4 version with the Kombat Pack has been preloaded and ready to go. It's unfortunate that today is my day off work instead of tomorrow, but that is ok.Now, time to do a MK 2011 arcade run through with every character while I wait for this to unlock.

T.O.P

Banned
I might grab the fighting pad at this point, can't really play MK on an Arcade Stick that well (the X1 d-pad ain't good enough)

@sry for dp

RAIDEN1

Despite it looking quite interesting as the next part of the MK franchise, I'll wait till it comes on PSN + for free...not a fighter I'd pay top-dollar for so to speak...

On another note what I don't get is, the bone-breaking, skull-crushing moves that you get to see in gory detail, would have been better of being saved for just the fatalities instead of main moves in the game...seems weird despite the near fatal moves the fighters just get up and act as if naa, that didn't just happen.. (I know it's not meant to be a realistic fighter but even so..)

Nyx

I wonder if cutscenes will be again unskipable prerecorded bink files (30 fps)?

All cutscenes are skippable.

On another note what I don't get is, the bone-breaking, skull-crushing moves that you get to see in gory detail, would have been better of being saved for just the fatalities instead of main moves in the game...seems weird despite the near fatal moves the fighters just get up and act as if naa, that didn't just happen.. (I know it's not meant to be a realistic fighter but even so..)

Tbh you could say this for every fighting game out there.
I mean, who would survive a gigantic fireball for example? ;-)

Lord Phol

So...is everybody missing the google doc in the OP or are only 4 people getting this game??

Added myself and a Neogaf ID column (hope that's cool) to the document. I generally suck at fighting games, but I'm hoping there's more people like me out there! :D

Quote to reveal google dok.

Lord Phol

Added a "Faction" column as well for funs. What Faction will you guys be choosing? I'm thinking Liu Kei (which I'm guessing will be the most popular one).

Top Bottom