• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Ensoul

Great work op!!

Exited for this game. Getting it for the ps4. I don't have an arcade controller but I ordered a titan one so I can use my 360 arcade stick on my ps4. Hopefully it works.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
aUX3gzI.jpg

That's precisely that they did :S

What are you worried about if buying from the US store? That it will be the NTSC US version?

I had this happen with Master Chief Collection and they asked for my tag which I gave then she asked me why I'd bought 7 games from 5 different countries in the span of 2 weeks. So I left. :p

stephen08

When are reviews going up? I appreciate how the game has been presented so far. It has been a lot of letting the product speak for itself.

Crisium

Anyone picked up one of the MK pads yet? I really want to try them, but not gonna drop 50 on them for it to be a crap product....

I got one for Street Fighter, actually. I use a Sega Saturn adapter for PC, but for 360 I've been stuck with Madcatz Fightpads. I wanted to try something new for 360.

I'd rate it better than the Madcatz Fightpads. The microswitch buttons feel pretty good.

The d-pad is good with one problem - it's a bit small, so diagonals can be worrisome at first. I'm hoping I'll get used to them. I still prefer its d-pad to Madcatz even though that one has actual diagonals because sometimes the Madcatz just would not register a diagonal unless you used excessive pressure. This one registers all directions fine, it's just so small. I don't think diagonals are as important for Mortal Kombat, so I think it's fine. For the record, I play Vega in USF4 who has diagonal normals and diagonal-only charge moves, so I may be being picky. I get what I want almost every time, but it's that 1/10 that's frustrating. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Really excited about this game. The pre order shenanigans were annoying so I only "pre ordered" today. I hate supporting that stuff but I really want to play this game.

Only sad thing is no Kabal. :(

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Are you saying that because of these tweets?

Yeah and he also went to the GFaqs MKX PS4 board to argue a bit. Place is a bit of a venomous cesspool right now. I'm sure the guy has his reasons to dislike the game a bit.

He did say on GFaqs to keep in mind that MK is his favorite fightings franchise, and that IMO for him MK9 was one of the most complete fighting games ever, whatever he means. Is MKX that lacking in content compared to MK9 though?

Nyx

Yeah and he also went to the GFaqs MKX PS4 board to argue a bit. Place is a bit of a venomous cesspool right now. I'm sure the guy has his reasons to dislike the game a bit.

He did say on GFaqs to keep in mind that MK is his favorite fightings franchise, and that IMO for him MK9 was one of the most complete fighting games ever, whatever he means. Is MKX that lacking in content compared to MK9 though?

The story mode is shorter than MK9, but if that makes Joe angry, disregard his opinion then.....

Game is a blast.

Kinsei

Banned

That doesn't appear to be the case, unless the living towers don't change that much when they cycle.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Those tweets could be about anything. Bloodborne?

It's one thing MK fans are aware of and that's criticism. I don't see too many negatives getting in the way of enjoying this regardless of what it is. It would possibly be someone new to series or just starting off to effect them that much.

It might also be enthusiasm. Words also have different meanings.

https://twitter.com/AngryJoeShow/status/587406842491351041

Thin skin Joe sounds more fitting at this point.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Doh. Couldn't watch it due to the sounds missing. Seeing Goro punch someone but hearing nothing was disconcerting :p

Out of curiosity, what does it take to capture 5.1? Audio noob here.

I'm still trying to figure that out but I believe whichever company has to get a license for Dolby Digital and DTS. I recently bought a Hauppauge PVR2 Gaming Edition, which claims to except 5.1 but it still gave me the same problem. Thank god I was able to return worth with a full refund.

bishopp35

Someone told me that Tanya is in the game and playable, just doesn't have variations.....is this true?

Spoilers just in case .

Tanya
is an enemy is the story mode and not a playable fighter at this moment. In that fight, she uses Kitana's stance and Scorpion's fireball.
She is a DLC character that most likely will have different variations and unique moveset.

Carnby

I have the "import edition" on preorder at amazon.com. is this version literally an import from Europe? Does this mean the DLC will not work in the US?

Nemesis_

Spoilers just in case .

Tanya
is an enemy is the story mode and not a playable fighter at this moment. In that fight, she uses Kitana's stance and Scorpion's fireball.
She is a DLC character that most likely will have different variations and unique moveset.

And what about Rain?

Hasney

I have the "import edition" on preorder at amazon.com. is this version literally an import from Europe? Does this mean the DLC will not work in the US?

Not only will you need to get a European account to use the DLC (although it will then work on your US account), but you'll only be able to play with people who are in Europe due to the multiplayer region locking.

Carnby

Not only will you need to get a European account to use the DLC (although it will then work on your US account), but you'll only be able to play with people who are in Europe due to the multiplayer region locking.

What the fuck. Are you serious!?

Tell me this is a work.

DryvBy

Wow. So glad I changed mine to the basic pre-order. I just wanted the statue but not for the price.

Hasney

What the fuck. Are you serious!?

Tell me this is a work.

Unless they're replacing the discs and codes with US ones exclusively for Amazon, it's true. Someone mentioned it earlier and they believed it to be the European version.

EDIT: now I'm not sure. Polygon claims it's the European version, but on the MK forums it's listed as an official edition, so I'm assuming in that case all the digital stuff and the disc is the US version, so you may have to wait until someone gets it.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I just realized than Rain, Smoke, Noob, Cyrax and Sektor are all out. Jade I can live without, because Kitana seems to be able to select her moveset now. But it's kind of upsetting to see most of the ninjas cut out.

Nemesis_

I just realized than Rain, Smoke, Noob, Cyrax and Sektor are all out. Jade I can live without, because Kitana seems to be able to select her moveset now. But it's kind of upsetting to see most of the ninjas cut out.

It's really bizarre isn't it. Although Rain really should be included given his involvement in the story mode

Top Bottom