• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Dremark

Banned
Tbh you could say this for every fighting game out there.
I mean, who would survive a gigantic fireball for example? ;-)

Most of them don't show the fighter suffering fatal or near fatal injuries. So even if the super moves in otger games were as damaging as these are (They generally aren't) there's at least some possibility that the person was not badly injured.

Nyx

Added a "Faction" column as well for funs. What Faction will you guys be choosing? I'm thinking Liu Kei (which I'm guessing will be the most popular one).

More than half of the current players are Lin Kuei...

I'm Brotherhood of Shadows.

jgminto

Did they expect people to pick anything other than the Lin Kuei? It's the freaking Lin Kuei! I can see the appeal of the Special Forces but the other Factions are pretty lacklustre. They need the Shirai Ryu to split the ninja love.

Ascenion

Region lock is bullshit. Just had to put out a message in my Facebook group. Gonna be a lot of disappointed people.

Septic360

Banned
Quick question guys. I am buying this on PS4 and X1, both digital but regarding the Xbox One, can I not buy the US version?

Apparently digital games are not region locked? So I will be paying less (because digital prices in the UK are ridiculous in comparison). Anyone else from the UK do this?

Also, assuming I can do this, how would this affect the region lock imposed on this game's multiplayer?

alstein

This is going to be hell to download on Steam- 25 Gigs at a minimum.

At least the AOW3 expansion is out same day so I can play that while downloading MKX.

Pac3y

Quick question guys. I am buying this on PS4 and X1, both digital but regarding the Xbox One, can I not buy the US version?

Apparently digital games are not region locked? So I will be paying less (because digital prices in the UK are ridiculous in comparison). Anyone else from the UK do this?

Also, assuming I can do this, how would this affect the region lock imposed on this game's multiplayer?

Just to note: I bought the Indian listing of KI Season 2 and it works just fine. However my MS account got restricted after it seems, I cannot buy from other regions anymore just the UK store. Might be an isolated case.

B3N1

I preordered yesterday morning from the US Store without giving any thought about regions. I hope there is no region lock on the multiplayer.

Skab

Will add myself to the google doc when I get off work. Took off a few days this week and plan to play quite a bit. Can't wait!

Septic360

Banned
I preordered yesterday morning from the US Store without giving any thought about regions. I hope there is no region lock on the multiplayer.

I hope not. How did you buy it from the US store by the way? Because when I go on Xbox.com it automatically takes me to the UK store?

I am chatting to MS customer support at the moment about it so hopefully that sheds some light.

Septic360

Banned
iuGvU0H.jpg

Lol wtf is going on. This woman is really pushing for my account info. Its just a general query. Help me aaah!

B3N1

I hope not. How did you buy it from the US store by the way? Because when I go on Xbox.com it automatically takes me to the UK store?

I am chatting to MS customer support at the moment about it so hopefully that sheds some light.

Had some Gamestop dollars left on my Microsoft wallet, bought it on the console wit hregion set to US. Cards or PayPal don't work here either.

rocK`

Banned
Here are two little combo videos I did with Goro. I can't wait to see what devastating combos can be made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkG4UeYNDl4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ4MjhqjJz8

Here is a King of the Hill session with various characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxwWN_lleBg

Also, please excuse the missing sounds, I have a 5.1 setup and my capture only gets 2.1.

Doh. Couldn't watch it due to the sounds missing. Seeing Goro punch someone but hearing nothing was disconcerting :p

Out of curiosity, what does it take to capture 5.1? Audio noob here.

Picked this up Friday and have been playing almost nonstop. I'm maining Jaqui right now too. You guys are in for a treat this game is the shit.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Going by his Twitter, AngryJoe is going to tear this game a new asshole. What the hell happened?

Top Bottom