• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Fuck this online. It keeps matching me with people with ridiculous high win loss, wtf.

I know that too well. I'm absolutely terrible at this, and pretty much all fighting games, but I decided to try out the online. I was sitting at 0-6 and I was getting matched up with people with 25-3 records and shit. Few times I was even getting people with records like 80-7. I just cancel out of those match ups, but it takes me like 15 minutes to find someone even close to my record and I still get destroyed regularly. I need A LOT of practice with this game.

Seijuro

Fuck this online. It keeps matching me with people with ridiculous high win loss, wtf.

yes! the competition is VERY fierce for a game that's out for not even a week... that and the lack of any filter for connection quality is wrecking me (especially in ranked it's almost always really bad).

Altairre

God damn I'm having a hard time adjusting to the block button. Last games I played were USFIV and Skullgirls. I still forget to block sometimes and then I'm surprised when I get hit because I held back/down back. Other than that I'm doing fairly well with Cassie.

Drewfonse

I hate to be the guy who asks this, but what would be a good entry level character? I only have a little bit of experience with MK, but a decent amount of experience with fighters in general, just not for a while now.

Am I feeling D'Vorah? I just want a character with 2-3 fairly easy combos that will let me compete. Thanks

Seijuro

I hate to be the guy who asks this, but what would be a good entry level character? I only have a little bit of experience with MK, but a decent amount of experience with fighters in general, just not for a while now.

Am I feeling D'Vorah? I just want a character with 2-3 fairly easy combos that will let me compete. Thanks

I found Cassie (Brawler) quite a good starting point. Only character I managed more wins than losses online :)

Demoskinos

Has anyone found the coordinates of the Selfie Fatality for Cassie? Looked at a bunch of krypt guides that have stuff listed but no cassie fatality.

I haven't played online yet (don't pay for PS+), but Kung Jin seems pretty easy to learn. He can do some decent combos that aren't too complex.

Kinsei

Banned
Anyone in NA (preferably east coast for the best connection possible) want to play? PSN is Kinsei1

I'm open to making a King of the Hill room if multiple people want to play.

Anyone in NA (preferably east coast for the best connection possible) want to play? PSN is Kinsei1

I'm open to making a King of the Hill room if multiple people want to play.

I'd be down for a few most definitely. I'll send you friend request if that works!

Falifax

Goro's stomp move is bullshit, especially when you try to dodge back but you realize that you're on the edge of the screen so you're fucked.

Try Kano, Cybernetic. Use the rolling attack as a counter. It has 3 different specials, horizontal and vertical. If you played Street fighter before he feels like Blanca. His knife works like a hadoken. He has good reach and speed+ hits hard. Or try Cassie like someone pointed. But I find her harder to use, she is now my main though.

Goro's stomp move is bullshit, especially when you try to dodge back but you realize that you're on the edge of the screen so you're fucked.

Dodge forward :p

Edit: Also Kinsei I don't know how inviting and stuff works with this game, I'm just sitting on the "Rooms" page right now. I don't think I'm that good haha.

Kinsei

Banned
My game won't start. I keep getting to the copyright splash screen and the game crashes. Just to make sure it wasn't my console I booted up Bloodborne and had no issues.

Anyone else have this problem?

TEH-CJ

Banned
Dude he needs a full on duster coat
LOTWOutfit.jpg

Yeah, cause now he looks like he belongs in magic mike.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Damn I didn't know you can't send messages to players on steam if you're not friends with them that sucks. Damn I think I could have earned some type of hatemail by now. I wish the pc netplay was better it sucks bad right now. I"m loving Inferno Scorpion so much easy damage and the overhead minion is annoying to deal with from full screen. Pretty good zoning tool against weaker players. Anybody else play on steam that I can add for some matches?

Add me, I'll probably be on later if the port isn't messing up for me. #39 on the google doc or link to steamid on gaf page

My game won't start. I keep getting to the copyright splash screen and the game crashes. Just to make sure it wasn't my console I booted up Bloodborne and had no issues.

Anyone else have this problem?

Did you reset your console? Some people had that problem a little while back, don't know if they fixed it.

Trey

UltraDavid says he's found a glitch that means you can do a string into a special, and if the string is blocked, the special doesn't come out, but if the string hits, you get the special to come out.

This means once we find a safe-on-block string, the game is ooooover.

The option select to end all option selects.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I absolutely love D'Vorah, because I'm impatient and love to hit buttons. My defense is whack. If you play swarm queen, you can stay busy setting bugs and stuff. That's what I like to do, just stay busy doing shit.

AAK

This was weird....

Was playing story mode and got to the final boss. Lost the first match and decided to quit and come back later. When I went back and continued the story... it automatically skipped to the final cutscene.

That was an anticlimatic way to finish such a good story mode :/

Furyous

I was just matched to a guy with 486/35. Really now.

Damn that sucks because the game isn't even out for a week.

Cassie is my newb character of choice. I got through 14 levels of a tower on medium before losing.

Thus far the biggest tips I've found through personal experience are:

Go through the tutorial and memorize all the prompts. Staggering getting up is a godsend in the endurance towers.
Block is your best friend in this game. ***** breakers are a necessity.
Endurance towers and playing on easy are great ways to get used to the basic controls early on.

Kenshin is next on my list to main and after that Ermac is next. Had my first jump scare in the Krypt thanks to a dog near the the cocoon on the right after the first gate.. It's to the point where I click the button and turn my head away.

Kinsei

Banned
I found a way past the error. For anyone experiencing the same thing go to the network settings and uncheck connect to internet. Once you;re actually in game go back and reconnect to the internet.

I found a way past the error. For anyone experiencing the same thing go to the network settings and uncheck connect to internet. Once you;re actually in game go back and reconnect to the internet.

Great! I think it's the stupid factions. Also, I got your invite but I couldn't join the room.

Vibrant

Banned
I don't know why people are worried about learning combos. Button mashing and mixups will get you wins. Not combos. It's so casual friendly it's ridiculous.

Majestad

Banned
I don't know why people are worried about learning combos. Button mashing and mixups will get you wins. Not combos. It's so casual friendly it's ridiculous.

That only works against complete noob saibots. If you want to get better, you'll have to learn how to play properly.

Top Bottom