• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motocross Madness (XBLA) |OT|

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The real question is does this new one retain the Greatest Feature of the original?

ijdqnOAYAg4xl.gif
I loved the demo of the original due to this reason. I think the sequel had it too, or is my memory failing?

I don't think the load times between levels are bad. I do wish the avatar gear loaded faster when you're outfitting your dude, though.

No idea what the deal is with people getting black screens, that sucks. I think I read somewhere that if you start the game while not signed in, then sign in once the game starts, that might fix it.

mujun

MMX2 had that too, it's the only one I've played. Loved the enormous freeroam tracks that game had.

This game has some enormous free roam tracks, too. Especially the desert one.

I liked the game overall but it does have some obvious flaws that I found disappointing.

nikos

I'm a sucker for open world racing games. For those who have the full version, can you play open world mode online? Is there a time limit in open world mode, or is that a demo limitation? Also, when you drive to the edge of the map, it says you're going out of the demo's playing zone. Are the areas larger in the full version?

Thanks!

I'm a sucker for open world racing games. For those who have the full version, can you play open world mode online? Is there a time limit in open world mode, or is that a demo limitation? Also, when you drive to the edge of the map, it says you're going out of the demo's playing zone. Are the areas larger in the full version?

Thanks!
Yes you can play free roam online.

There's no time limit in the full game.

I can't answer the third question since I never played the trial. Each free roam area is comprised of 3 named regions though if that helps.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Are there Ufos? I remember one level in 1 or 2 had an Ufo flying around in one of the levels.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
MMX2 had that too, it's the only one I've played. Loved the enormous freeroam tracks that game had.
Yup. Monster Truck Madness 2 and Motocross Madness 2 were games I loved to mess around in. I wasn't a big fan of the racing, but screwing around in a monster truck/motorcycle was really fun.

Top Bottom