• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorsports |OT| of Endurance Racing, Nascar, Rally, Sportscars, MotoGP, etc

Vicious

As a race fan I should be upset at drivers wrecking people on purpose, but I just really hate Logano so I don't care at all.

I hate the chase system, but since that's what we have now I'm rooting for anyone but Logano or Kyle Busch.

It's going to be interesting Tuesday to see if Kenseth is suspended just for Texas or the rest of the season. I wouldn't mind if someone wrecked Logano every race this round of the Chase. I can't stand him and his attitude. Same with Keselowski. Worst champion ever.
Hey, leave my boy Brad alone. He's great.

Logano though, the dude set himself up for that.

Shaneus

100% yep. It's baffling to me too. How can people whose job is to understand what makes good racing botch the hell out of it. At least some of the governing bodies are seemingly starting to come around. Well, except for IndyCar who thought it would be better to add 30% more DF last year. They got absolute nothing in return, but headaches.
I only just read the article now, and so much of it could apply to F1 as well. Would make it far more interesting rather than just a race to whoever can provide the most grip without destroying the tyres. At least with V8 Supercars and NASCAR (I guess) the aero is pretty much already there.

Chris R

I go to Texas for work (and F1) for two weeks and everything NASCAR goes crazy. Guess I messed up not recording the Martinsville race.

Business

What a finish. Almost thought Pedrosa was going to catch both of them.

Luckily for Lorenzo at that point Marquez found his 5 seconds of combativeness today.

Anyway congrats to Lorenzo, overall I think the fastest guy out there this year.

Even James Allen is salty.

James Allen ‏@Jamesallenonf1 5m5 minutes ago
Great ride by @lorenzo99 but #Marquez needs to ask himself where priorities lie - made no effort to pass and blocked Pedosa. Shame @MotoGP

Navid

Amazing MotoGP season, already cannot wait for the next one to start...

Great race by Lorenzo keeping his head and pace with all the pressure both from the situation and the Hondas. Bring on 2016!!!

Ce-Lin

according to Márquez he was waiting for the last laps to attack Lorenzo but the battle with Pedrosa ruined everything, are you a world champion like he is to come and dispute what he's claiming ? Bravo Lorenzo ! Bravo España !

DrM

Redmond's Baby
How much salt on Twitter and on comments/forums. Unbelievable :D
Amazing MotoGP season, already cannot wait for the next one to start...
It starts tomorrow with first pre-season test ;)

But I missed which drivers from Moto2 are moving to MotoGP. Only heard for Rabat.

Jezbollah

Only Rabat to MotoGP. Doesnt help that the numbers of MotoGP bikes are going down to 21 (going up to 23 when KTM enter in 2017).

So much cancer being thrown around by Rossi fans at the moment. Its actually hard to deal with.

Rossi did what he needed to, so did Lorenzo. Hondas had front end tyre issues and couldn't overtake (why MM is getting grief for not overtaking JL, and Pedrosa isn't is totally beyond me).

Well done to do Danny Kent too for his title win and Oliveira for his outstanding form. They will be a superb team in Moto2.

Says it all !

CTS58SXWwAA4Dfp.jpg

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Rossi slams Marquez for being 'Lorenzo bodyguard'
Motorsport

I don't know if Marquez protected Lorenzo because they are both Spanish, but it's sad he chose to be his bodyguard. Lorenzo has never done what Marquez did. But for his behaviour after Malaysia [when he attempted to join the court proceedings], he deserves to be treated like Marquez.

Marquez responds

If I tried to be the bodyguard of Lorenzo, I will be five or six seconds behind

They will argue about this well into 2016 season...

Bandit1

Yep Logano already in trouble, he'll be multiple laps down, so he'll have to win next week to make it to Homestead.

Hopefully Gordon can carry his monentum from last week through the rest of the season.

#Drivefor5

TJP

Fab last round of the championship.

I don't understand the conspiracy theories from Rossi's camp to be honrst. HRC hate Yamaha and want to win every race; by not winning Marc missed out on €200K bonus according to Matt Oxley.

I find it sad such a great season gets sullied by rumours and utter gobshite comments which are still going on.

Lesson for all riders is to shut up and ride!

Says it all !
As does this...
5f45r4.jpg

Contrats to Kent for a well deserved moto3 world title.

Congrats to Lorenzo for 7 wins and 12 podiums on the way to another World Championship, congrats to Rossi for an excellent year and to Yamaha for the 1-2 finish in the riders title and the constructors title. What a way to celebrate their 60th year.

HRC had a year to forget in MotoGP, WSBK & BSB and will be back with a vengeance next season.

Pedrosa comes out of 2015 with his dignity (unlike 46, 99 and 93 to a lesser degree) and looks strong, I hope Marc doesnt change at all; love his riding style and the new rivalry with Rossi.

No one mentioned Smith scored points in every round this year for Yamaha. Amazing feat by the Brit.

A sad ending to an otherwise great year. However you want to slice the blame up, we got robbed of a classic shootout today.

Don't forget Nicky too. Thanks Nick! A real class act. Lasting memories - going mental in the gravel when Dani took him out in the penultimate round of 2006, and winning in the final corner at Assen (in almost identical fashion to this year's race).

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I was glad that Dani produced fantastic 2nd part of the season, because he is (at least for me) one of the most unluckiest drivers on the grid with all injuries

Oh and Moto2 race finish was something from a comedy movie. Alex Rins forgot where the finish line is :D But still, best rookie in Moto2 in 2015, finishing 2nd in overall standings. Zarco was in a class of his own with 9 wins.

Business

A sad ending to an otherwise great year. However you want to slice the blame up, we got robbed of a classic shootout today.

Don't forget Nicky too. Thanks Nick! A real class act. Lasting memories - going mental in the gravel when Dani took him out in the penultimate round of 2006, and winning in the final corner at Assen (in almost identical fashion to this year's race).

2006 was an amazing season, there's also Elias win at Estoril by 0.001, and of course Rossi's crash at the last round. I remember I was really gutted for Edwards in Assen.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
MotoGP divas are still hitting each other with media statements

Lorenzo says 2015 was probably last chance for Rossi
"All this controversy and comments would not have happened if Valentino has been as quick as Marc and me, and if he had won more races.

Rossi: "I don't know where it will end" with Marquez
"Marquez is the future of MotoGP," Rossi continued. "He's a great talent, he's 22 years old and has many years left in his career.

"But all weekend he told lies, saying he will do everything to beat Lorenzo because it is important for Honda, then doing the opposite in the race.

Jezbollah

Lorenzo came out with a quote along the lines of "It's understandable that Rossi is angry, he's probably lost the last chance he had of winning a championship..."

I don't think he wants this saga to drag on. Oh no :)

Chris R

NASCAR race finally starting. Love me some night racing, and with how cold it can get in the desert at night we should see some good racing.

Bandit1

Red flag is out, driers on track at lap 220 of 312.

Edit: Officially called by NASCAR. Dale Jr. wins. Cars going to Homestead:

24 - Jeff Gordon
4 - Kevin Harvick
18 - Kyle Busch
78 - Martin Truex Jr.

Bandit1

Man I just realized that Gordon would have won if he would have stayed out because they never went back green! Oh well, I'm just hoping he can come out on top next week, it would be amazing if he could win the championship in his final season.

xrnzaaas

Citroen to sit out 2016 WRC season (and to return with a new car in 2017)

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121865

Pretty big news. Also Loeb is leaving Citroen's WTCC team and he will be participating in Rally Dakar in a Peugeot next year:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121867

So the next WRC season should be pretty boring, because only Hyundai will be trying to fight with VW. 2017 should be much more interesting with Citroen coming back and also Toyota (only as an engine supplier, it's supposed to be Tommi Mäkinen's team). It also looks like that WTCC might be dying soon. The series was already struggling with a small number of cars on the grid and only a few manufacturers participating.

DD

It also looks like that WTCC might be dying soon. The series was already struggling with a small number of cars on the grid and only a few manufacturers participating.

Which is pretty sad, because they've been doing great things to increase the series popularity, like racing in very special places and making the cars more interesting. It's a fuckin' badass series, with races on places like the old Nurburgring and Macau.

I hope they manage to get on their feet. They deserve that.

xrnzaaas

I prefer BTCC myself (bigger variety of cars, more drivers I like and obviously I love almost all of the British circuits), but yeah, they weren't sitting on their asses and doing nothing.

Shaneus

It's a shame many of the unique touring car series don't have easily-streamable coverage. I'd gladly have one of any number going in the background while I'm pissfarting around at home. Brazilian one would be great, as would the European ones.

Wouldn't mind one that allows streaming of old WEC races either, even if they're from the same season. But only if they offer a no commentary option to go along with it.

Bandit1

That crowd was roaring when Jeff Gordon took the lead. Hard to believe this will be his last race, hoping he can pull it off! Go Jeff!

Top Bottom