• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorsports |OT| of Endurance Racing, Nascar, Rally, Sportscars, MotoGP, etc

dubc35

I watched Winning (youtube trailer), the Paul Newman racing docu by Adam Carolla, today. I thought it was a great movie; very personal, a lot of interviews with close racing friends, and a good piece of history on American sports car racing.

If you're not a Carolla fan, no worries as you only hear him a couple times during interviews.

It's on Amazon Prime video now too btw.

Just watched the last hour of the Daytona 24.

Fantastic finish from both of the GT classes.

Also, the RLM/IMSA radio guys are the best.
"Brendon Hartley has recently done a 140.250..."
"Do you know why?"
"Go on."
"Because he can."

B.K.

Tony Stewart is in the hospital with a back injury from an ATV wreck last weekend. He needs to retire now. The way the last few years have been for him, he may get killed this season.

Chris R

Tony Stewart is in the hospital with a back injury from an ATV wreck last weekend. He needs to retire now. The way the last few years have been for him, he may get killed this season.

He actually looked really good in a video I saw of him a few weeks back, looked like he lost 30 lbs.

DD

My missus will be fucking stoked. She loves Kobayashi.

Sounds like a great excuse to hit up a race this year.

Speaking of them, their new livery for WEC:

wec-toyota-livery-announcement-2016-new-livery-for-the-toyota-lmp1-car.jpg

And WRC:

wrc-toyota-wrc-livery-2016-toyota-wrc-livery.jpg

xrnzaaas

Man that Yaris is ugly, but I won't complain since there's a real chance that they'll be a threat to VW and maybe the 2017 season will be more exciting because of that.

dubc35

Potato, potato, potato in WEC?! Yes!

That Yaris is ugly but I agree, hopefully there will be a battle at the front. The name Sebastian has ruined WRC for me for the last 10(?) years. I have a 2003 season review that I still need to watch. In the intro they question how much success newcomer Sebastian Loeb will have, lol.

B.K.

Tony Stewart's back is broken. He's going to miss part of the season, but he's planning to get back in the car before the 2016 Sprint Cup season is over. That's a pretty shitty way to start the final season of his career. This means last year was his final Daytona 500. He'll never have a Daytona 500 win.

B.K.

He could always enter next year as a one off?

I doubt it. He has already said that no matter what, this is his last season. There wouldn't be anywhere for him to go next year, anyway. With Bowyer moving to Stewart-Haas next year, that will be the four car limit. Stewart wouldn't have a car to drive unless he either put Bowyer off another year and risk him going somewhere else or drive for another owner.

Arcticfox

Thank you for posting about the race, I nearly forgot about it. I always enjoy watching it. Hopefully the kangaroos don't cause much trouble like the past few years.

Juicy Bob

I'm spending all day driving back home and I've just stopped for fuel. Could someone please be able to tell me what time the green flag will drop at Daytona in UK time? I'm aiming to try and get back just before the start of the 500 but I'm not sure when it'll be.

Edit - Ugh... I've seen three different timers now. Internet is full of muppets.

Sorry, can't help, at least not with confidence of being accurate.

thefro

Alexander Rossi to IndyCar driving for Andretti/Herta (basically an Andretti car)

Racer Magazine said:
As exclusively first reported by RACER, Alexander Rossi will make his Verizon IndyCar Series debut in 2016 with Andretti Autosport, the team confirmed Tuesday morning. Rossi, who will make the transition from Formula 1 to IndyCar, will drive the No. 98 Dallara-Honda, which recently joined the Andretti stable as a result of a merger between Bryan Herta Autosport and Michael Andretti's organization. Rossi will make his first appearance with the team with a rookie test day March 1 at Sebring.

"I'm very much looking forward to making my IndyCar Series debut this season and am proud to be racing with a team of such high caliber and pedigree as that of Andretti Autosport," said Rossi. "As a racer through and through, I cannot wait to get started; our goal is to be competitive immediately at the first race in St. Petersburg."

Bryan Herta will serve as the race strategist for Rossi in the combined team effort while racing veteran Tom German will serve as the American's lead engineer.

"We're really excited to have Alexander join the team," said Andretti Autosport CEO Michael Andretti. "His credentials speak for his ability and we're confident he'll transition seamlessly into IndyCar racing. It's neat to have the last three American F1 drivers in 25 years to be under one roof, I think it speaks to the level of talent we have."

"Personally, I'm really pleased at how well all these pieces have come into place for this group," added Herta. "Adding Alex as a driver is going from strength to strength for us. We can't wait to get on track together and start our preparation for the 2016 season."

Rossi, 24, boasts an impressive racing portfolio including being the 2015 GP2 runner-up. Michael Andretti along with Rossi and Scott Speed, who currently competes for Andretti's Global Rallycross team, make up the last three American-born drivers to compete in Formula 1.

B.K.

Stewart-Haas is switching to Ford next season and will be getting engines from Roush-Yates. People that don't like Harvick, Busch, and Bowyer won't have to worry about them ever winning a race after this season.

NASCAR is racing amidst a dust storm in Las Vegas.

It owns.

e: is this the new tire/downforce package? They're sliding around like crazy. It's great. Just like I remember it when I was a kid!

Chris R

NASCAR is racing amidst a dust storm in Las Vegas.

It owns.

e: is this the new tire/downforce package? They're sliding around like crazy. It's great. Just like I remember it when I was a kid!

It was really good. Only issue was with the debris flying everywhere, but I was glad to see NASCAR not throwing a caution every 5 laps. Also glad Busch lost, I'd feel different about him if he wasn't shitting up the lower series, but as long as he keeps swimming in the kiddie pool on Saturday I'll be happy at all his misfortune in the real series.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Been hooked on MXGP this season, with our young star Gajser performing really well. Second race in Teutschenthal will begin in 45 minutes

And he is a bit crazy though

Top Bottom