• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorsports |OT| of Endurance Racing, Nascar, Rally, Sportscars, MotoGP, etc

Giggzy

Come on Kyle.... Hold on to this.

Work will be absolutely bonkers tomorrow if we can win our first championship. Come on!!

B.K.

The best thing about Kyle Busch winning the championship is that it shows how broken this shitty championship format is. A person shouldn't be able to miss almost half the season and still win the championship.

Vicious

I wanted it to be anyone but Kyle, but it was Kyle. Oh well, good for him for taking advantage of this shitty points system. Maybe Jr can fall ass backwards into a championship one of these days before he's 50.

On to Daytona.

DD

wtcc-volvo-s60-tc1-testing-2015-volvo-s60-polestar-tc1-testing.jpg

Polestar Cyan Racing has completed a series of "promising" tests with its new Volvo S60 machine in Italy in preparation for the 2016 WTCC season.

Chris R

NASCAR doing their best to kill the lower series by introducing the Chase to the XFINITY and Trucks, along with a "Shot-Clock" guaranteeing a yellow flag every 20 laps in the Trucks...

No fucking idea what dickwad thought these changes were a good idea. I don't care about the XFINITY stuff since it's just Busch winning week after week, but I actually enjoyed most of the truck races last year :/

dubc35

NASCAR doing their best to kill the lower series by introducing the Chase to the XFINITY and Trucks, along with a "Shot-Clock" guaranteeing a yellow flag every 20 laps in the Trucks...

No fucking idea what dickwad thought these changes were a good idea. I don't care about the XFINITY stuff since it's just Busch winning week after week, but I actually enjoyed most of the truck races last year :/

1. wtf?
  2. How did Bernie Ecclestone not come up with this?

Chris R

1. wtf?
  2. How did Bernie Ecclestone not come up with this?

Sorry, it's every 20 minutes, not 20 laps, and only if there isn't a yellow thrown before then.

Stupid idea that they think will make the racing more competitive by bunching everyone up more frequently.

And please, nobody mention it to Bernie :(

Juicy Bob

Sorry, it's every 20 minutes, not 20 laps, and only if there isn't a yellow thrown before then.

Stupid idea that they think will make the racing more competitive by bunching everyone up more frequently.

And please, nobody mention it to Bernie :(
Might as well just have a 20 minute race...

DD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4f8QOaKX34

Latvala should receive a penalty for that incident from the Monte Carlo rally. How can you keep pushing the gas pedal if you have a bunch of people around and a photographer directly in front of you? I know it's split second decisions, but he should be more professional.

Holy shit, he probably wasn't seeing anything because of that steam, but he knew that there were people around. What an idiot. I hope that that guy is alright.

Juicy Bob

I think it's pretty obvious he couldn't see he was about to run someone over due to steam, but gunning it after he sent the dude flying to complete the stage was shitty.

RayStorm

I think it's pretty obvious he couldn't see he was about to run someone over due to steam, but gunning it after he sent the dude flying to complete the stage was shitty.

However, once he noticed that he hit someone he did stop briefly. Realistically what good does it do anyone if he gets out of the car and asks about the well being? Ultimately being a spectator of a rally is just dangerous and if you decide to go you have to be aware of the risk.

dubc35

I'm sure visibility was low but I agree that WOT might not have been the best choice in a group of spectators.

Not really what happened in Stewart's case...

BTW, it might be time for a new thread!
All for it if someone wants to make one. This one is only two years old now, lol.

btw, everyone's monitors' settings seem up to par since Mark Webber has been hidden in the WEC banner in the OP this whole time.

Alternative would be if we could bribe a mod (or admin, whoever has the power!) to change/remove the year from the thread title.

I just saw the NASCAR truck series caution clock thing. I'm not really surprised by the stupidity, though I am impressed.

xrnzaaas

Update on Latvala's incident. He did receive a penalty, it's suspended for now, but it should be enough to encourage him to not risk anything like that again.

111yyun8.jpg

dubc35

Fine deserved IMO.

Alternative would be if we could bribe a mod (or admin, whoever has the power!) to change/remove the year from the thread title.
Stupid question, if I edit the title in the OP it doesn't change the actual title, correct? I create very few threads (this is the only one I've OP'd here lol) so I'm not sure. I don't think it does but thought I would check.

dubc35

Daytona 24 this weekend, and it appears IMSA won't be showing the race? wtf? According to Racer it looks like only night will be streaming.

IMSA website seems to indicate they will stream it but who knows I guess.

I don't have Fox Sports 1 or 2 so the Fox Go app or whatever won't work. For those that do, I think you can stream the whole thing through the app.

Arcticfox

While they should have thrown a yellow, there is no reason for the Deltawing to crash there. The stalled car had not moved in well over a minute. The Deltawing driver should have been informed well in advance and there were no other cars near that could have been a distraction.

Chris R

While they should have thrown a yellow, there is no reason for the Deltawing to crash there. The stalled car had not moved in well over a minute. The Deltawing driver should have been informed well in advance and there were no other cars near that could have been a distraction.

The Deltawing spotter said they told the driver, driver said they didn't hear the spotter say that.

They weren't going to leave the car there for the rest of the race, and it wasn't like it was in a "safe" spot to leave a car until another yellow happened to get it off the track. Yellow should have been out within 30 seconds of it not moving, really bad spot for a stalled car with the other cars coming off with such high speed.

dubc35

I've only been able to catch a little of the race so far. I plan to watch more in the morning. For those interested, the IMSA site is streaming the whole race.

Makki

One of these days I'll get down there for the 24 hours or the 500. And I bet there are more spectators in the infield than in the stands, easy access to the carnival and the garages.

Yeah the camping grounds on the infield were absolutely packed, there wasnt a single spot for any other RV. They had lots of food and beer stands.

Top Bottom