• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movies You Have Walked Out Of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not good to make a habbit out of walking out of movies you've payed to see reguardless of how shitty they are. However in some cases there are movies so bad that you can't allow yourself to be tortured for any amount of money.

I remember coming to a mutual agreement with the people I was with to walk out of Jeepers Creepers. I also never watched House of 1000 Corpses after renting it.

What are some movies that you walked out of for whatever reason?

Malakhov

Banned
11m.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Only one movie mad me walk out, and that was Snow Day. I don't know what I was thinking or expecting but my friend and I just said "forget this, lets hit the arcade" and got the hell out of that movie.

For some odd reason I ended up seeing the first Spider-man movie three times without trying. I planned to go see it with one set of friends, but then another set of friends just randomly wanted to see it...so I came with. During the begining I went to the lobby to talk to this girl from our school, she was upset about something and I had already seen Spider-man the day before so I was more up for talking to her.

I fell asleep during Van Helsing, if that counts.

Damn, Jeepers Creepers? Not the greatest horror movie ever, but walk out bad? You must have extremely high standards.

Walk out bad movies: The Island of Dr. Moroue, The Order, The Ninth Gate and The 13th Floor. None of which I walked out on, but it was veeeery tempting. I remember The 13th Floor in particular... I went with 3 friends, and there was literally NOBODY else in the theater. Halfway through the movie, we were all just talking and running around the empty theater not even paying attention to what was going on anymore. It was a fun experience, but the movie sucked soooo bad. If there had been other people at the theater to prevent us from goofing off, I think we would have left.

FoneBone

LakeEarth said:
I never have, no matter how shitty. I'm too cheap to lose ten bucks like that.
Yeah, same here. The closest I came, though, was probably the "Please be my friend, Robot" scene in Lost in Space. Ugh.

I've never walked out of a movie but there was one where I really, really wanted to. Resident Evil.

I didn't because I was with friends. If I was alone, I would have walked out in a heartbeat.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I've never walked out. If I've already bothered to get to the theater and pay for a ticket, I'll stick the movie out. I've been real tempted to walk out of some trash I've went to at film festivals, but I always end up staying because some of the cast and crew were there, and I'd prefer not to be that rude.

evil ways

LinesInTheSand said:
Never. I generally only see a movie if I'm assured of it's quality.

Same here, but one time I switched rooms from Deep Impact to another movie which I don't remember right now.

Koshiro

Walking out on a movie you've paid for is the most arrogant thing a person could do. People that do that need their kneecaps busted just so that they can't walk out on movies.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
i have never walked out of a movie.. cause i can enjoy bad ones too.. LXG was the first movie i ever wanted to walk out on. it was so horrid, but i stayed cause i was with a bunch of friends.

Koshiro said:
Walking out on a movie you've paid for is the most arrogant thing a person could do. People that do that need their kneecaps busted just so that they can't walk out on movies.

I think you're arrogant.

I left about an hour into the second Matrix movie. What a steaming pile of shit. The GF felt the same way as she kept prodding me to leave after about the 30 minute mark. What a waste of money that movie was...

Matrix fanboys, don't bother replying to this post. I don't care to hear how this movie has set you right in life.

Mrbob

Only one. Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.

I was young and stupid. I remember seeing Mortal Kombat and I did enjoy it at the time. So I really looked forward to MK2. I couldn't believe how damn bad the movie was. It was so bad we walked out in the middle of the movie. I've never seen the rest. Nor do I want too.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Dan said:
Apparently you don't :p

no you see, i do love a GOOD trainwreck, House of the dead for instance. Gigli however, was a bad horrible unfunny trainwreck.

MIMIC

Banned
Unless it's free, I'm not walking out.

But I WANTED to during "Scary Movie 3" and "The Chronicles of Riddick."

AeroGod

Seriously, Ronin kicks all kinds of ass. Some of you people are crazy. I can understand shit like Master of Disguises Gigli and Catwoman and shit like that but some of this is ludicrous. Maybe you were having bad days, but 90% of these movies werent THAT bad.

explodet

I didn't walk out of Mortal Kombat 2 and Batman and Robin.
I'd like to think I've got a large tolerance for terrible movies. Normally I just avoid badly reviewed movies, but the geek in me either wants to see these movies, or my geek friends drag me to them.

LakeEarth

Mrbob said:
Only one. Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.

I was young and stupid. I remember seeing Mortal Kombat and I did enjoy it at the time. So I really looked forward to MK2. I couldn't believe how damn bad the movie was. It was so bad we walked out in the middle of the movie. I've never seen the rest. Nor do I want too.

But you have to see it when he 'finds his inner animality'! Comedy gold right there!

Jim Bowie

I walked out of Coyote Ugly. The most embarrassing part of that movie was that I went to go see it with one of my best friends, expecting a nice peepfest of ladies pouring water on each other and generally being sexy (I was 14). I found out later that it was a romantic comedy. It was very uncomfortable.

I saw Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle on HBO. Later that evening, I tried to cancel HBO. Does that count?

I've never once walked out of a movie. I did have a horrid gastric problem in my stomach while watching Mortal Kombat Annihilation and HAD to rush to the washroom. I clearly remember being in that stall and thinking that it was better in there than in the theater. I DID return to finish watching the movie though and I'm glad I did. It was such a perfectly awful film that managed to top shit like DeathStalker 2, Metal Storm the Destruction of Jared Syn, and Time Rider for my worst movie of all time status.

I have shut off a few movies I have rented though it happens VERY rarely. I'm sorry but I had to do it to Waking Life. I couldn't stand another minute of that high school level gen x self important pretension. The look of the movie also bothered me immensly. The movie was simply not made for me.

Mike Works said:
Peter Pan (the new, live action one)

Damn, I was really impressed by it. Hell the effects alone are worth watching it all the way through for. The trailers made it look really dull but I found the actual movie had a great snappy pace.

Claus

Banned
None, though it was very tempting to walk out of Monkey Bone with only 3 other people, besides my friends and I, in the theater.

Spike

I've never walked out of a movie, but does falling asleep during them count? If so, here are the films I've slept through:

Star Wars: SE
Empire Strikes Back SE
Phantom Menace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom