• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot |OT| Byte Club - a new hacker thriller - Wednesdays on USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yum. Sounds delicious :D

Favorite show of last year easily. I never purchase Blu Rays of TV shows. I purchased this.
Currently watching the last two episodes now as I feel like I missed so much.
Cannot wait for next week.
I did an illustration a few months ago for the show. All painstakingly done by hand on an iPad Pro using Adobe Illustrator Draw.
cLUb.png

:eek: that's awesome! Good job mate.

The Metascore is kinda disingenuous since all of the reviews are only for the premiere but here are some reviews:

EW
Hopefully upcoming episodes will be more focused. But there’s an abundance of artfulness, and Malek is electric. In Elliot’s journey I trust…even if he doesn’t trust me. B+

The Detroit News
Mr. Robot remains one of the most dizzying, intoxicating, challenging shows on television, a gripping look at mental illness and brilliance run amok, tied to an essentially sweet, if damaged, character. It’s a show that poses Big Questions and dares to leave them hanging. A-

THR
Dont bother guessing where the USA Network show starring Rami Malek and Christian Slater is heading in season two — just go along for the fascinating, disorienting ride.

Esmail's camerawork--characters tucked into corners of the frame, among other nontraditional compositions--continues to give the sense of disorientation and never feels tired. In fact, there are some flourishes in the first two hours that are brilliantly conceived and, with the show's strong sense of sound (both pop songs and smothered, slowed-down and manipulated background noise), contribute to what is one of the most visually remarkable hours on television

TripOpt55

Rewatched a bunch of this during the marathon today. Love this show so much. Reminded me of all the little touches that are so good like the title cards and the licensed music selection. They also had these neat text pop up things that would give you info about various scenes. Pretty cool. Can't wait for the new season.

Working on this now and will have it up by tomorrow or Monday at the latest. Now we just need a new title.
Great, thanks. Just post in this thread when it's up and we can all switch over.

I'm sure some people in this thread will have some good title recommendations, and we can always tweak the title later if need be.

Quentino

Neo Member
Cant wait for this show to return, season 1 really hooked me with its twists and characters. Hope season 2 will imnprove even more. for me It definitely helped filling the void left by breaking bad.

As for OT titles:
Mr. Robot Season 2 |OT| I want you to hack me as fast as you can

Tamanon

Banned
Bailing out now, but that was a real hacker account they showed.

th3j35t3r is a pretty famous anti-anonymous hacker and that was his twitter profile

Not going to watch any more until Wednesday.

Gonna guess this is why we're getting two episodes on the TV premiere.

Haha fsocitey "leaking" the premiere, fitting and I was wondering if they were going to do something like this.

CRS

Season 2 is a go. Also, Cornballer, I completely forgot to add the Day and Time at the end of the title. Not sure if it's really needed but you're more than welcome to add it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom