• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot |OT| Byte Club - a new hacker thriller - Wednesdays on USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
"Learn the hacks of life" sounds just as bad as watch_dogs 2's "execute the biggest hack of history".
When has EW ever done right by their cover star?

Kitty has claws? Right? Something like that

- Deadline: ‘Mr. Robot’ Season 2 Key Art: Control Is An Illusion

ioHx9cK.jpg

3scPGtf.jpg

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
This show was cemented in my mind as the best show of all time in regards to music when they had Bohren & der Club of Gore playing during the celebration of the new CTO. Fucking doom jazz and a good band to boot.

Even though I'm talking to myself, MR. ROBOT_DEC0D3D.DOC premieres tonight at 11:05PM Eastern on USA. It aims to "examine the authenticity and societal impact of Mr. Robot." Sounds awesome; I'll be tuning in! Hope it's not too fluffy.

It was pretty bad, super fluffy, complete tonal mismatch with the show, but they did talk about S2 for a couple minutes. So... there's that.

- Deadline: ‘Mr. Robot’ Gets Order For 2 More Episodes From USA Network; Sets Live After Show
USA Network has upped its Season 2 order of Golden Globe-winning drama series Mr. Robot from 10 episodes to 12 episodes. In addition, creator and exec producer Sam Esmail will direct all 12 episodes this season, and USA has set live after show Hacking Robot to air following the two-episode season 2 July 13 premiere.

Following the trend of live after shows, Hacking Robot will provide a behind-the-scenes look at the breakout drama, USA says.

Zoe

I wonder how that new order works out considering the entirety of the season was written before they began filming.

mr. Bibappu

Neo Member
Just quickly flipped through the OST, is there a ddos hacking song (or smth like that)?
That's what it was named on youtube and is now deleted... I was so hyped for the OST because of that song and it isn't even on there :(

I wonder how that new order works out considering the entirety of the season was written before they began filming.
I'm guessing since they filmed it all at once when they got to editing it they realized they had way too much material to fit in 10 episodes and just extended it to 12.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Given the tone of that one hour special, I don't have high hopes for what USA comes up with for an after show.
Like every other after show show, I will ignore it completely.

I don't need someone to spell out what I just watched, I especially don't want VH1 Best Week ever level commentary either.

No Chris Hardwick, no after show sale. I actually really like Talking Dead/Saul; it has a consistent structure that works, and depending on the guests can be insightful / fun. The show's about as deep as puddle so it certainly doesn't need one, but Hardwick 2.0 is earnest and I really dig him. The GoT one, on the other hand? Yeesh. Do we know who's hosting this one?

The GoT one, on the other hand? Yeesh.
Yeah, the GoT is disappointing cause their podcast was great. If they just recorded the podcast where they only focused on what they wanted to talk about instead of having a list of talking points it would be a lot better. And having to wedge clips into the show also doesn't help. And although the podcast did have Who the Fuck was That and Who Won the Week, it also was better as part of their conversation instead of a produced segment.

But nothing can match the comfortableness of watching the people who host the Orphan Black after show. Even the hosts of Extra and Entertainment Tonight would tell them to take their fake enthusiasm down a notch or 10.

Drakken

^This.

Yeah, the GoT is disappointing cause their podcast was great. If they just recorded the podcast where they only focused on what they wanted to talk about instead of having a list of talking points it would be a lot better. And having to wedge clips into the show also doesn't help. And although the podcast did have Who the Fuck was That and Who Won the Week, it also was better as part of their conversation instead of a produced segment.

Agreed. I love listening to Chris and Andy's pods, but haven't gotten into After the Thrones at all. Part of it is the differences you mentioned, and part of it is that with a podcast, I can listen while doing other things. I feel no compulsion to actually sit down and watch them talk about the show.

He directed 3/10. Wasn't aware there were any bad ones, though. Complete news to me.
I remember two feeling like a total waste of my time and a couple more being far poorer than I would have liked. Obsessed with the series, though. I was on top of it as soon as episode 1 released early.

soultron

Banned
Grabbed the original soundtrack CDs and they are fantastic. Easy recommendation. While they don't have the licensed stuff (Where Is My Mind cover, for example) the stuff by Quayle is so good on its own. Great late-night listening!

T Dollarz

Just finished the first season on Amazon Prime. Holy shit, this show totally lived up to the hype for me and exceeded my expectations. Remi, Portia and Carly really grew into their roles as the season went on. Tyrell was creepy and tragic as fuck. Christian Slater nails all the points he is given. Even Gideon, the guy from House of Cards, is pretty cool. So ready for season two to see where they take this. Where is the OT?!

Chris R

Don't forget, there is a marathon on Saturday with every episode from season 1 so people can catch up. I've tried to get a few more people watching the show after I got turned onto it last year (well after it had aired).

Andy Greenwald (After the Thrones, several podcasts that are much better than After the Thrones) announced on twitter that he's the host of the after show. Also said the stars of the show will be guests unlike the previously mentioned After the Thrones.

The pick makes sense since he did a long interview with Esmail last year, and hosted a panel for them before.

DirtyLarry

Favorite show of last year easily. I never purchase Blu Rays of TV shows. I purchased this.
Currently watching the last two episodes now as I feel like I missed so much.
Cannot wait for next week.
I did an illustration a few months ago for the show. All painstakingly done by hand on an iPad Pro using Adobe Illustrator Draw.
cLUb.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom