• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot |OT| Byte Club - a new hacker thriller - Wednesdays on USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished it and enjoyed it a lot. What started off as a good show ended up great by the end. Loved all of the references everywhere, from Fight Club (well a lot of Fight Club), Dark Souls, American Psycho and even Bud Dwyer and the soundtrack was excellent.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck YES!

images

Zoe

Kinda scary--early today right after I hit Like on the FB post announcing this, I got an email from the official site :lol

Lomax

I just hope they don't feel obligated to have another "twist" in season two. The first one was well done, and felt like it was co-written by Chuck Palahniuk, but forced twists rapidly head into M. Night Shyamalan territory.

Hey, GAF, I saw Mr. Robot filming yesterday in Washington Square and stuck around to see it. The scene I saw was really minor and belonged to the third to last episode, but I did see two things of interest.

1) A flag resembling the one of the US with two major differences. Instead of stars, there was a 5 and a 9 with the lower part of the 5 being superimposed on the top part of the 9. And instead of the stripes being white and red, they were white and black with the fsociety mask outline on the black stripes.

2) I saw Darlene reading a newspaper called "Brawl Street" with a subtitle mentioning traders fighting in the streets or something around those lines. The back page of the newspaper mentioned something about the Mets going down hacking or something phrased like that.

Do with that what you will, I suppose.

Kyuur

Didn't skim this thread or the various LTTPs since I'm not sure I want to spoil myself just yet: me and my fiancee got to the end of the 'prison break' episode and not sure we want to continue watching anymore. Shayla was a pretty important character in terms of balance for the show to us (a light in the dark kind of thing). Should we keep watching, or does it continue to just shit on all of its characters with no recourse?

Tamanon

Banned
Didn't skim this thread or the various LTTPs since I'm not sure I want to spoil myself just yet: me and my fiancee got to the end of the 'prison break' episode and not sure we want to continue watching anymore. Shayla was a pretty important character in terms of balance for the show to us (a light in the dark kind of thing). Should we keep watching, or does it continue to just shit on all of its characters with no recourse?

I'd say keep watching. The "balance" shifts around a lot, and although it gets dark(especially at that point), I don't think any of it is unearned.

So LTTP. Can I say two things about this show? Okay make that thr33.

1) This show is incredible.

2) The cinematography is astounding. Its the framing and focus? I just love it.

3) Who ever edits the title cards for each episode. So good. Like "Mr. Robot Created by Sam Esmail" just kicks in at the right time.

Exclusive Soundtrack, Video and Cover Art Preview: MR. ROBOT

mr-robot_volume-1_3000-768x768.jpg

Have you been watching USA Network’s blistering cyber-shock series MR. ROBOT? The show is set to rock its second season starting July 13th and, in the meantime, our friends at Lakeshore Records are releasing the official soundtrack album (Volumes 1 and 2) on June 3rd (digital) and June 24th (LP and CD).

And they’re giving our readers the first look and listen to to composer Mac (AMERICAN HORROR STORY) Quayle’s blistering track and video, “0.1_8-whatsyourask.mp4”, as well as a look at the cover art.

Those who watch the show know just how vital Quayle’s spastic computer-based score and sounds are to its very essence, propelling the narrative and keeping the vibe sexy, strange and dark.

Track preview: http://youtu.be/OaOiHVgP3Pw

- THR: 'Mr. Robot' Team Teases Season 2
Ahead of the Golden Globe-winning drama's July return, USA Network has released a lengthy new season two trailer, as seen above. The video not only features footage from the new season but also interviews with the team behind the show: creator and showrunner Sam Esmail, and stars Rami Malek and Christian Slater.
Vid and more discussion via the link. Some spoilers.

Coreda

I had forgotten what the original score added to the series. Funny seeing .wav and .flac on the digital mp3 release.

- Variety: Sam Esmail Talks Shooting Season 1’s Big Reveal
Fittingly for a show partially set in an abandoned amusement park, the first season of USA’s “Mr. Robot” was full of twists and turns that routinely knocked the audience off its footing. The biggest reveal happened in a cemetery as Elliot (Rami Malek) — with the voiceover line “I am Mr. Robot” — realizes that he is the one in pain and his father (Christian Slater) is merely a figment of his imagination.

Series creator Sam Esmail, who wrote the episode, says he kept the secret under wraps by having “extensive conversations in small groups” with only those players involved with the shoot, including director Tricia Brock and co-stars Portia Doubleday and Carly Chaikin. It was a special challenge for Malek. “Rami just starts limping around when we make the realization that he was Mr. Robot. We would pause everything and remove Christian from that scene. Rami would have to stay in that moment,” Esmail says. He tells Variety how the crew pulled off the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom