• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot season_2.0 |OT| We Would Care, Bill - Wednesdays on USA

CRS

New episode tonight.

eps2.1_k3rnel-pan1c.ksd

Elliot vows to beat Mr. Robot; Angela gets a glimpse behind the curtain at E Corp; and fsociety stirs up trouble.

.ksd extension info:

The ksd file extension is associated with KeepSafe, a case sensitive data protection suite for mobile operating systems. The ksd file contains encrypted photo or video that is protected to be viewed in standard viewers.

Also, I guess there's going to be some VR event for Mr. Robot at Comic-Con tomorrow.

On July 21, join the cast of Mr. Robot at San Diego's Petco Park for the premiere of the Mr. Robot Virtual Reality Experience, a first-of-its-kind VR simulcast stunt. The 12-minute VR experience was written and directed by Mr. Robot show creator, Sam Esmail, produced in partnership with Here Be Dragons, and presented on Chris Milk's Within platform. And believe us when we tell you -- you don't want to miss this one.

All attendees at Petco Park will receive custom Mr. Robot cardboard to watch the VR, and the first 2,500 fans will receive Mr. Robot branded headphones.

Can't make it to Comic-Con this Thursday? Simply follow steps 1 & 2 above, and join the co-viewing experience from wherever you are at 10:45 a.m. PST.

Immediately following the premiere, the content will disappear from the Within app.

More info and directions at the link.

- The Verge aftershow premieres tonight following the new episode
The Verge is hosting the official Mr. Robot Digital After Show in partnership with USA Network, and we hope you'll join us tonight at 11PM ET, and each week, as we discuss the exploits of sophisticated hackers and corporate overlords.

Mr. Robot airs Wednesday night at 10PM ET, and you can watch the Mr. Robot Digital After Show right after by tuning in to the Ustream channel above. We also encourage you to chat in #vcorp: our IRC channel. The after show is hosted by The Verge's own Nilay Patel, Emily Yoshida, and Russell Brandom, who will break down each episode, and take questions and comments from fans on Twitter and our chat room.
- ‘Mr. Robot’ Goes Virtual Reality with Limited 360-Degree Broadcast
USA Network’s “Mr. Robot” is the latest show to embrace virtual reality (VR) at Comic Con this year. But staying true to its plot line, there’s a bit of mystery added to the release of the show’s first VR video: The “Mr. Robot VR Experience” will be streamed on the Within VR app at 10:45 am PT this coming Thursday — and promptly disappear from the app after the conclusion of the broadcast.

This unique VR release is being billed as “the largest VR simulcast ever.” Users can watch the video via Within’s apps on Android, iOS, Gear VR, HTC Vive or Oculus Rift.

It’s a collaboration of “Mr. Robot” show creator Sam Esmail and Within, the VR startup until recently known as VRSE. Within is best known for its VR documentaries, some of which it has produced in conjunction with the New York Times, Vice and the United Nations.

Within co-founder Aaron Koblin recently told Variety that his team wants to keep producing this kind of documentary content, but also add more dramatic content to its roster. “For us, it’s very much about immersive storytelling,” he said.

I'm still so mad that I've been preemptively spoiled by you all regarding the psych ward. Why the hell do you all have to be so smart? Let us dumb posters figure it out when God King Sam Esmail wants us to!

Jocund

I'm checking the schedule on my TV and I'm being told tonight's episode is just under an hour and a half long? Am I missing something? I'm not mad but that's kinda uncommon.

I'm checking the schedule on my TV and I'm being told tonight's episode is just under an hour and a half long? Am I missing something? I'm not mad but that's kinda uncommon.
Yes, the time slot is about 90 min tonight. It's similar to what FX does with their shows - they regularly let them run over if need be.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Mr. Robot probably shot him at the end of 5/9. Wasn't he there when they burned the hard-drives? And Elliot/Mr. Robot was there to get him back into the fold earlier in that season.

Zoe

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Mr. Robot probably shot him at the end of 5/9. Wasn't he there when they burned the hard-drives? And Elliot/Mr. Robot was there to get him back into the fold earlier in that season.

5/9 was at least a month ago. He looked fairly fresh.

Gotdamn this show is awesome. Amazing music during that scene too.

Edit:

Has there been a commercial break yet?

Never mind. I think I'm tripping like Elliot.

TheSeks

That was an amazing sequence.

"You're not buying this are you?" LOL

I laughed. It certainly threw me for a loop.

I thought the concrete thing was real, but at the same time I'm like "well why are they coming at him? Elliot never bothered with those dudes unless this is way before the series."

TheSeks

So many people saying the show is a mess right now because it's not explaining things quick enough and I'm like "dudes, chill we still have a back-half where things will surely fall into place."

Iirc he was reading some knockoff that had the same layout.

No, Sam hired/consulted a few of the original Anonymous Members to talk hacker-group speak/shop-talk with to get the shows technology stuff "right"/authentic. So it's completely possible Sam threw that 4chan analogue in as a shoutout.

Top Bottom