• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot season_2.0 |OT| We Would Care, Bill - Wednesdays on USA

I laughed. It certainly threw me for a loop.

I thought the concrete thing was real, but at the same time I'm like "well why are they coming at him? Elliot never bothered with those dudes unless this is way before the series."

Yeah, it slipped back and forth so well and that was the right kind of dark and nuts for this show.

This show is just phenomenal. That scene with Angela at the restaurant... so chilling.

Agreed, that was such a tense scene.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Quick question then I'm jumping out of the thread. Is there a way to steam the firstfew episodes legally? I forgot to set my DVR.

Gonna jump out now so I don't get spoiled on anything. If someone can pm me the answer I'd appreciate it.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Now there's no way that group therapy scene isn't going to be taken the wrong way by the Internet now will it?

How on earth does Adderall treat Elliot's obvious schizophrenia? I take that medicine, and it is more likely to do the opposite (psychosis). That entire sequence with
the concrete and vomiting
was very disturbing.

The ball goes in the hoop. Brilliant.

EDIT: Wait a second....

....! I think Elliot and Lady FBI hook up. I'm shipping it (it'll end badly).

chefbags

Oh yeah, the music during the montage was amazing lol.

Those dishes!

"Please tell me I didn't say all of that out loud."

"Shit."

On this speech it's at this point we see him switch with Mr.Robot and he goes on this rant. But this time it's not in his head and he said it all out loud and I think that's fucking cool. A Mr. Robot rant by Christian Slater acted out by Rami Malek.

Couple thoughts:

- Overall, strong episode. While the episode did meander with Elliot's plot, the other characters (R.I.P. Romero) got some time to shine, with Angela's sub-plot basically setting her up to be the Mila Kunis to Price's Patrick Bateman like in the "American Psycho" franchise. Price is very obviously grooming her or playing her, and I really want to see where he goes with this.
- That adderall montage was amazing. The Rainbow Wheel of Death reflection in Elliot's eyes, the glitching out, the random code. This show is at its best when it plays with the medium and Esmail's directorial skills are becoming a major reason to watch nowadays.
- The insane asylum theory both gained and lost ground with me. On one hand, Ray talking about allowances with his dead wife is pretty strong evidence in favor. On the other, the fact he was just walking around, running a criminal enterprise of some sort, along with getting drugs slays it a bit. I guess we'll have to wait, but hopefully, its resolved sooner rather than later.
- I was watching with my dad when the show came back from commercial break, only to be greeted by Dom rubbing one out. That was mortifying.
- Dom finding their hideout gives me hope Sam's going to reveal a bit more about the three days Elliot blacked out. In addition, who's hunting fsociety? Who the hell killed Romero? Is there a coup in the works re: fsociety? So many interesting questions, such a long wait time.

Prurient

Banned
Has Craig Robinson been in any drama before? Because he's knocking it out of the park. A real good sense of understatement which I wouldn't have expected from what I've seen him in.

Ashhong

Has Craig Robinson been in any drama before? Because he's knocking it out of the park. A real good sense of understatement which I wouldn't have expected from what I've seen him in.

I feel like a lot of these comedy guys do drama really well when given the chance. It's always nice to see them do something different and be great

CRS

7ovNR4I.gif

- Onion A|V Club review
- Sepinwall's review
- NY Times review
- NY Mag review
- IndieWire review

- NY Mag: How Sam Esmail Directs the Cast of Mr. Robot (behind the scenes during the restaurant sequence)
- THR: 'Mr. Robot' Star Portia Doubleday on Season 2's "Completely Unpredictable" Twists and Turns
- The Verge: Mr. Robot Season 2 Episode 3: watch our digital after show
- Digital Trends: Meet the hacker keeping ‘Mr. Robot’ so real it’s scary

- Promo for next week's episode (please spoiler tag any discussion)

Also, a reminder:
- You have one chance to watch this Mr. Robot VR experience today
On Thursday, US-based fans of Mr. Robot will be able to see a 12-minute virtual reality experience based on the show, for a very limited period of time. Within, the VR film company formerly known as Vrse, will host a one-time simulcast during this week’s San Diego Comic-Con. The piece will start at 1:45PM ET, and it's available through the Within app that’s available on iOS, Android, Gear VR, the Samsung Gear VR, the Oculus Rift, and the HTC Vive. In order to watch it, you’ll want to download it ahead of time (which requires over a gigabyte of free space), then tune in at the right time. It will disappear immediately following the showing, before being permanently uploaded next week, Within confirmed to The Verge.

EDIT: The Comic Con panel is tonight from 6-7pm PT, too.
6 to 7 p.m. Mr. Robot Panel Discussion with the Cast, Moderated by Chris Hardwick

Featuring: Rami Malek, Christian Slater, Portia Doubleday, Carly Chaikin, and Grace Gummer, with moderator Chris Hardwick (Talking Dead)

TheRed

I guess it's my duty to check out that VR thing today since I have a Vive sitting right here. I was planning to go out though...

Episode was great, definitely feel like this season will be quite a ride just like the first.

Alright, can someone explain to me what's going on. I'm so lost on this show. I am sure I get it, but Im just very confused.

Elliot is continuously trying to block out his dad with drugs. And he doesnt want to sleep, because then he will become Mr Robot. But what does he do as Mr Robot?

What does he do with Daryl from the Office? Who is Daryl? I dont understand how he finds Elliot or knows him or what he does with him. Did Mr Robot befriend Daryl?

I get that Romero is dead and they think it's the Chinese hacker group, but they backed out of helping because of Gideon's spyware or whatever.

So that's a new mystery.

More importantly, what on earth happened at the end of last season with all those civilians wearing those masks? Didnt they crash the economy or something? How are things in society still functioning like normal for the most part? Why isnt there total chaos?

Why did the FBI answer Romero's death? Did they have a lead on F Society?

ezekial45

Banned
I enjoyed the episode, but I do find it really odd that despite how careful they were in staying low key, they didn't consider removing the sign at the Arcade which literally said the name of their hacker group.

I enjoyed the episode, but I do find it really odd that despite how careful they were in staying low key, they didn't consider removing the sign at the Arcade which literally said the name of their hacker group.

I have problems with that too, a bit too on the nose but I justified it as noone really knew what FSociety really was (or didn't take it very seriously) until the mass crash at the end of S1, and by then they had abandoned it.

TheRed

So the VR thing didnt really work for me, I got it to load finally and saw Elliot talking for a bit next to me then lights flashed and the video froze, when I tried to reload it said internal error and the event was over. That would be funny if that's all it was and the internal error was intentional but I doubt. Anyone else get to see it?

GeeTeeCee

So the VR thing didnt really work for me, I got it to load finally and saw Elliot talking for a bit next to me then lights flashed and the video froze, when I tried to reload it said internal error and the event was over. That would be funny if that's all it was and the internal error was intentional but I doubt. Anyone else get to see it?

I got about halfway through (if that), then it stopped working and wouldn't let me start watching again. Shame, it was really interesting.

TheRed

I got about halfway through (if that), then it stopped working and wouldn't let me start watching again. Shame, it was really interesting.

Yeah it seems pretty silly to have a one time thing on the internet streaming, especially if it had problems they should do it again. Doubt many people actually got to see it through.

Top Bottom