• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MrBeast, Amazon Sued by Contestants on ‘Beast Games’ Competition Show, Including Allegations of Sexual Harassment

Draugoth

Gold Member
MrBeast-Amazon-Prime-Video-Reality-Show.jpg

A class-action lawsuit against YouTube star MrBeast and Amazon has been filed on behalf of five unnamed contestants in the “Beast Games” reality competition show alleging they were subjected to “chronic mistreatment,” sexual harassment and more.

The complaint was filed Monday (Sept. 16) in Los Angeles Superior Court. The lawsuit alleges multiple causes of action related to the chronic mistreatment of and neglect suffered by participants in “Beast Games,” a reality competition ordered by Prime Video in which more than 1,000 participants compete for a single $5 million cash prize. The suit claims “Beast Games” has a $100 million budget. A redacted copy of the complaint is available at this link.

Source

bitbydeath

created conditions that subjected contestants to “infliction of emotional distress”; did not provide participants uninterrupted meal breaks or rest breaks; and exposed contestants to “dangerous circumstances and conditions as a condition of their employment.”
Is this a complaint or a sales pitch?
Think I’ll check this one out.

DKehoe

I still don't get how this guy got so big on Youtube. but oh well, whatever, it's not for me. I have a friend who hates him with the intensity of a thusand suns and I have no idea why either. dude looks annoying on those thumbnails for sure but doesn't seem like the reason to hate him that much.
It made me feel old as fuck when I found out about him a couple years ago (I think it was when he did the Squid Games thing) and realised he's one of the biggest things going and I had no idea who he was. Which is fine really. I'm in my 30s and clearly not his target audience. But it's odd to realise you've reached the stage of being out of touch on things like that.

BlackTron

It made me feel old as fuck when I found out about him a couple years ago (I think it was when he did the Squid Games thing) and realised he's one of the biggest things going and I had no idea who he was. Which is fine really. I'm in my 30s and clearly not his target audience. But it's odd to realise you've reached the stage of being out of touch on things like that.

I saw a few videos on youtube just because someone put them on. Okay, I "knew him". Not really. Had no idea how huge he was, things started to click how out of touch with the YT world I was when I saw his face in Target.

DKehoe

Explains his insane dead eye smile.

Seriously, look at pictures of this guy smiling and tell me this man isn’t either soulless or completely dead inside.
I remember reading a thing where he talked about how he intentionally didn't show much of a personality in his videos because your personality can be divisive and he wants his videos to appeal to the broadest possible range and have as many people as possible watching his stuff. Clearly his approach has worked for him but it feels so soulless to make stuff that way. I'm not someone who follows a lot of YouTubers but the ones I like tend to be people who have something they're really passionate about and seem to be making videos driven by their own interest rather than just making what they think the largest possible audience might be drawn to.

“People shouldn’t be like me. I don’t have a life, I don’t have a personality” is a crazy thing to say about yourself when you can do basically anything you want with your life.

Sybrix

I still don't get how this guy got so big on Youtube. but oh well, whatever, it's not for me. I have a friend who hates him with the intensity of a thusand suns and I have no idea why either. dude looks annoying on those thumbnails for sure but doesn't seem like the reason to hate him that much.

My nephew is 10 years old, he and all his friend watch Mr Beast.

Time's that by 100,000 million kids across the world....

jason10mm

Gold Member
My nephew is 10 years old, he and all his friend watch Mr Beast.

Time's that by 100,000 million kids across the world....
I have had to hunt out his burger and the zaxbys deal several times for my son. He LOVES the guy.

I feel like we may be in the last era of nostalgia with the 90s stuff. After that, what do you have? Are there gonna be youtube nostalgia programs for my kids in 30 years? They what folks with silly cat head avatars and high pitched artifical voices or kids being driven through badly scripted stuff by their parents. They watch virtually ZERO network tv, not a lot of movies, and what they do watch of that type is usually me pushing 80s stuff on them :p

Or help people and not post it all over the Internet? You know, how millions of people are doing every day?

The online content is providing him with the funds to help those people. Not sure what you're so upset about? You're upset that he's raising awareness for good causes and directing people to go donate for those causes? Things would be better if he stopped doing that, stopped raising funds, and donate little to nothing? Raise no awareness? Seriously help me understand.

Thousands of influencers get rich and live luxurious lives, not giving a fuck about anyone else: I sleep.

One guy gets rich, spends almost all of his money on charity: What a piece of shit, fuck him, how dare he.

So bizarre.

So far, I'm not convinced that this guy is some malicious, evil person who's secretly torturing his contestants and abusing people. Seems like it's mostly vague claims by people who are salty they didn't win any money. And all of it is fueled by twitter accounts who seem to want payback for the controversy that Ava ended up in.

Of course if someone was hurt or wronged, then he should be held responsible for it, but this ongoing hate campaign is so over the top.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
At least Mr. Tyson is permanently off the channel, that's a small silver lining. If Beast would own up to his scammy "giveaways" now and stop glorifying cash to his kid audience, I might forgive.

FeralEcho

So they're upset the prize was only 5 million because they know they actually had a 100 million budget? Am i reading that right?

Chronic mistreatment? Wtf is that?

Aaaaah emotional damage of course... The bread and butter of any modern day snowflake.

They probably asked the contestants to actually leave their couch to make some money and that triggered some ptsd for them.

For the record,I have no stake in either of these camps,the guy (mr.Beast) has the most soulless dead eye stare I've ever seen in a man which leads me to think he might've sold his soul but I don't know enough about the guy to pass judgement on him just on appearances alone but at the same time I'm not gonna start believing some sore losing contestants(you can bet your ass it's not the winner that filed this suit) when their harassment claim is so vague and somehow waited till the whole mr.beast hate campaign is in full swing to make their claims.

And If they are right then I hope he rots in jail for the rest of his life and gets the same sexual harassment from his cellmates inside but if they are full of shit and just want to make a quick buck then I hope they get to pay this guy for the rest of their lives for defamation.

Last edited:

Puscifer

The older I get happier I am out of touch, when you reach this stage you understand why so many reach *that point* and just like what they like.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

The online content is providing him with the funds to help those people. Not sure what you're so upset about?
Absolutely shit take. Again, there are thousands, millions of people doing charity work everyday without monetising their efforts on YouTube. Call me a boomer, call me old, some things should not be subjected to YouTube algorithm and engagement economics.

kevboard

Absolutely shit take. Again, there are thousands, millions of people doing charity work everyday without monetising their efforts on YouTube. Call me a boomer, call me old, some things should not be subjected to YouTube algorithm and engagement economics.

he has the money to do the equivalent what millions do with only a small team precisely because he has the funds.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
EHYOZqm.jpeg

Latest business venture is selling processed lunches for kids with Logan Paul, claiming it’s a healthier alternative to the existing brands.

Top Bottom