• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muramasa Rebirth |OT| Japanese-tastic 2D Vanillaware Action, Reborn in HD

Nakiro

Just got it off PSN, the only thing I really wanted from the limited edition was the lithograph. Also got the avatars so I can finally complete the circle.

Forbiden

Mine updated now from "Shipping now" to "Shipped" and says the game should be here by Thursday thanks to two day shipping. I guess I'll be able to play this for the 4th after all, thank god.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Hmm...still says "shipping now" this morning, with a delivery date for today. Uh...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Mine's still on "Not yet shipped".
I'm not in any urgent rush to play it (Dangan Ronpa), but it's not like Amazon to be late.

I notice that the regular edition is now being sold, at a higher price, via a third party seller for Amazon. They've changed the release date of the LE to 6/29. Something is clearly up with shipments, although we are only one day after the intended release date.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finally went to "Shipping Now" status, and it still says it'll arrive tomorrow. At least the delay won't be too bad if it arrives Friday.

Forkball

A tip for new players: no matter how many buttons you press, you cannot get different angles in the hot spring sections.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
A tip for new players: no matter how many buttons you press, you cannot get different angles in the hot spring sections.

Well, this should be added to the OP! ;)

Looking forward to picking this up in a few hours! Is it a GOOD thing that we've only seen a few screenshots of Aksys-brand localization? Or are they still trying too hard to run that "edgy" line?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Man, the backtracking here is really terrible.

Downloaded it digitally early Tuesday. The game looks so much better on the Vita then it did on the Wii. Also, the addition of a Jump Button makes it far and away superior

antibolo

Banned
Personally I'm going to stick with my Amazon pre-order, between VLR, Hotline Miami, and Project X Zone I'm already knee deep into new portable games right now.

Placed a preorder on Play-asia because of the free shipping and the fact that mariio128 doesn't even have it in the system.

It doesn't list the release date, tough, so I don't know when it will be shipped...

androvsky

Woot, picked up my LE from Gamestop. Pretty much all the extra are a touch disappointing, even the soundtrack's five tracks doesn't have any of the tracks I was hoping for... I guess it's all boss fight BGM? I played all the way through the Wii version years ago, so I don't remember the music very well. Still happy I got it though, the only thing that really feels like a waste is the velvet bag.

Also, I gotta laugh at all the different avatar packs on PSN. There's probably five different ways of buying some of those characters.

Markadias

Banned
I really wanna play this... But I'm from the UK. I've imported plenty of reasonable games through Amazon but they don't have it :(
What other sites are respectable and reasonable?
The NA version of course.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Awesome. I'll check it out. Thanks for the quick reply.

What about Tronix? The other site is good too, but each time I've ordered from Tronix the game has arrived just two days later from FedEx. It's insanely fast. With Videogamesplus, for the same price, you wind up waiting a good 2-3 weeks with no tracking number (at least with the shipping option I selected).

I ordered this from them and it shipped yesterday. It's already arrived in France and will be at my door tomorrow. Awesome.

Markadias

Banned
What about Tronix? The other site is good too, but each time I've ordered from Tronix the game has arrived just two days later from FedEx. It's insanely fast. With Videogamesplus, for the same price, you wind up waiting a good 2-3 weeks with no tracking number (at least with the shipping option I selected).

I ordered this from them and it shipped yesterday. It's already arrived in France and will be at my door tomorrow. Awesome.

That sounds even better! Thanks for these suggestions.

Noi

Still definitely happening?

Vanillaware said they're still making it but... It's a bit surprising that not even the Nekomata is out in Japan yet. Makes me wonder what Aksys are doing, if anything, about getting the DLC out ASAP.

Edit: Well, this escalated quickly.

vfNvtJg.jpg

Got mine from Gamestop today. This game is sick. So glad I picked it up instead of PxZ.

I ended up mapping evade to R and it's helped me a lot. Might see if it can be mapped to the right analog.

Playing this is making me consider getting Dragon's Crown on Vita now instead of PS3.

legbone

pardon my ignorance and lack of gaming skills but how hard is this game? i'm an old man and my reflexes aren't what they used to be. this game is downright beautiful and intriguing to me. i have been eyeing it since it came out on wii. seems like a perfect fit to download for my vita (small memory wise) but if it's super hard (like the ninja gaiden series, no offense) i'll just save my money. i don't like to much of a challenge these days (this from a person that beat the first ninja gaiden on nes years ago, that was a bitch) i just like to have fun and enjoy the ride (visuals and story). so muramasa experts, what would you compare it to. once again sorry for my ignorance.

Top Bottom