• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muramasa Rebirth |OT| Japanese-tastic 2D Vanillaware Action, Reborn in HD

cyborg009

Banned
N494RXX.jpg

Zfp6VPV.jpg

NsYQro1.jpg

pr2FgB2.jpg

http://images.4chan.org/vg/src/1372164386355.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://images.4chan.org/vg/src/1372133700003.jpg[IMG]

best on vita![/QUOTE]

Looks so clean even with the vita shitty screen shot compression.

So what are the logistics of shipping product to retail? Is it cost prohibitive for a small company like Aksys to send their physical products to Amazon/GameStop/etc ahead of the launch date?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Ugh, Aksys has really dropped the ball on the retail release of this game. I really wanted a physical copy, but I may cancel my order and just get it on PSN, because at this point it feels like they're not even going to be able to fulfill all pre-orders.

It's hard to tell what's going on with the retail release. They could just be late getting everything out to distributors.

My Amazon order status is still open, so I doubt it's going out today. It should have changed to "Shipping Soon" by now.

I think I'm just gonna wait a few more days and will cancel my pre-order if nothing is shipped out by Thursday.

It's hard to tell what's going on with the retail release. They could just be late getting everything out to distributors.

My Amazon order status is still open, so I doubt it's going out today. It should have changed to "Shipping Soon" by now.

Yeah, doubting it'll still make it here by Thursday.

cyborg009

Banned

Same here. Maybe this game is doing well beyond Askys exceptions

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Still on "Not Yet Shipped" status for me. Wonder what the hold up is. Still says the est. delivery date is Thursday.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So, my local ebgames is saying they won't get any copies until next week, due to shipping/printing problems. What the heck, Aksys?

Is this common?

redhood56

Banned
I believe this happened with VLR as well. These smaller publishers ship the game out the day it is "released". I had this happen multiple times, but if it hasn't shipped yet, that is weird.

So I had never played this before and I just spent my first hour with it.
It's a shame I never played it on ps2, because this game is really badass.
It looks amazing on the Vita and I love all of the art in it. The combat is working for me although sometimes I can't control the chaos. I love cutting through a mass of enemies and not taking any damage; I should do more of that lol. I got near the end of the second chapter and I can already tell I need to go back and explore or I'm going to die. Can't imagine playing the 1 hit mode but maybe I'll feel different later.

The nice thing is that I had been playing my vita....some but this game got me to flush and reload my games from all the stuff I've had downloaded on the ps3 for cross buy games. I spent the last few hours on my vita and I forgot that it's a great machine.

So I had never played this before and I just spent my first hour with it.
It's a shame I never played it on ps2, because this game is really badass.
It looks amazing on the Vita and I love all of the art in it. The combat is working for me although sometimes I can't control the chaos. I love cutting through a mass of enemies and not taking any damage; I should do more of that lol. I got near the end of the second chapter and I can already tell I need to go back and explore or I'm going to die. Can't imagine playing the 1 hit mode but maybe I'll feel different later.

The nice thing is that I had been playing my vita....some but this game got me to flush and reload my games from all the stuff I've had downloaded on the ps3 for cross buy games. I spent the last few hours on my vita and I forgot that it's a great machine.

Wii :p

I don't think this has anything to do with their expectations of demand, as they've had plenty of time to look at preorder numbers.

They just completely dropped the ball with manufacturing and shipping them out. In going to be so pissed if they tell me they ran out of limited editions.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
I don't think this has anything to do with their expectations of demand, as they've had plenty of time to look at preorder numbers.

They just completely dropped the ball with manufacturing and shipping them out. In going to be so pissed if they tell me they ran out of limited editions.

Not to worry, there are plenty of CEs allocated :)

If your ship date for Amazon says some time in July, don't be alarmed, once they update their systems, they should change your status to shipping soon.

Hopefully that helps!

Holmes

Urgh... beautiful screenshots but I'm only hurting myself reading this thread since I'm affected by the delay. "Early next week" they said, and I have a flight on Friday/Monday as well. My heart is broken. ;(

Stuff like this small delay is why I decided to go all digital on Vita shortly after getting one.

Most of the games I want on the thing are smaller or niche, and subject to not being in stores on release day, late shipments to retailers, small shipments etc.

Digital all the way for me. Vita is the only system I do it on (well, other than PC), but it works well here.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So, my local ebgames is saying they won't get any copies until next week, due to shipping/printing problems. What the heck, Aksys?

Is this common?

Was in a similar situation with the release of Warriors Orochi 3 on Xbox 360 a while back. Also WAY back on PS2 when Hajime No Ippo / Fighting Spirit came out in the US.

Sometimes it just happens with small releases.

Iorv3th

Should be in gamestop tomorrow I think. When checking quantities today it said it was in transit. Was upset that it wasn't there when i went to pick it up :(.

Oh and also only getting enough for pre-orders (i was the only one the pre-order it and only get 1 in).

If your ship date for Amazon says some time in July, don't be alarmed, once they update their systems, they should change your status to shipping soon.

Hopefully that helps!

It does! Thank you!

Sorry for my frustration, but I'm just used to Amazon preorders being like clockwork. I could only assume it was a supply issue. They're probably just used to getting shipments earlier than this.

Mine says June 27th and not shipped yet, BTW.

Hopefully that helps!

great to hear...

so, anyway - where the hell's my game? is this delay a bug or a feature?...

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I was going to buy it retail, but ended up going digital, since it was only 450MB, and I have plenty of room on my 32GB. I cancelled my Amazon order, especially since it wasn't going to show up until Thursday or Friday anyway.

I've only played about 25 minutes of it, but I'm really enjoying it so far. Looks gorgeous, and the controls are super fluid. I can't actually imagine having to use the Up Button to jump, though. The X button is just too damn comfortable.

Combat is a lot of fun so far, though.

Forbiden

Hopefully that helps!

Is it the same for the normal editions of the game?

Wereroku

My Gamestop CE instore was delayed due to shipping problems. So who knows what is up. Sadly I also learned that I was the only person who ordered the game in my area.

matmanx1

Like others I just got my text saying my LE would be available at GameStop tomorrow in the PM. Unfortunately I'm taking a couple of days off of work and won't be going back to pick it up until at least Thursday or Friday. The temptation to go Digital with this one is pretty strong at this point as I didn't really need any of the extra goodies in the LE anyway. Decisions, decisions.

oni_saru

I ordered from Newegg. Last time I pre-ordered an Aksys game from them I had to cancel it since they didn't even get copies weeks after. (the Hakuoki action game)

I'm afraid I will have to do this with Muramasa as well :mad:

Forbiden

My order from Amazon changed to "Shipping Now", although the delivery dates still reflect a two week delay. So I suppose I should have it by Thursday at this rate.

Yuterald

lol I'm the only reserve at my local GameStop. My LE should be in tomorrow afternoon. Got the day off from work. Going to check it out for an hour or two. This is a GameStop I've been visiting since it was originally a Funcoland. The workers there have known me for years so I still like to give them my business/pre-orders (plus I still enjoy walking around a store rather than ordering everything online). I'm either the last niche/weirdo gamer left in the area or most Vita owners have embraced the digital age (probably a combination of the two). That's not even considering if any Vita owners in my area are even going to bother with this game, at all, lol!

I've already played through the Wii version, so I'm not foaming at the mouth to play this right now. Although, I don't believe I've seen the true/best ending. I'm definitely curious to see if the story/narrative is any better when a localization is done properly. I doubt though that this game will ever top Odin Sphere's Armageddon (even with a better localization.) We'll see.

Top Bottom