• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muramasa Rebirth |OT| Japanese-tastic 2D Vanillaware Action, Reborn in HD

Shmowzow!

Banned
For those that hadn't noticed:

qnMWZib.png

=

The Great Wave off Kanagawa

Game must look insane on the Vita's screen, Thursday can't come soon enough. Makes me sad that so many Vita games aren't native res though.

Letep

Wish I knew if Amazon are receiving stock today. Gamestop.com has the collector's edition listed as "available to ship in 24 hours". I might go that route.

RMI

Banned
was expecting this to come in the mail today but I guess amazon didn't have release day shipping on this?

fucking fuck fuck damnit.

Will have to wait until Thursday now :-/

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
None of the Gamestops near me have this. Fuck this, I'm going digital.

This was actually my first digital purchase on PSN (of a product that is also available in stores). I'm embracing our new digital future. I'll still NEVER buy a digital game on my 3DS until Nintendo changes it policies, though.

I asked to speak to a Amazon rep and they said they haven't even received the game yet. So even though my order says it'll be delivered June 27th, it will likely be the first week in July.

So if you are looking for or ordered a physical copy you are pretty much SOL until next week. Much love to Aksys, but man this sucks.

RMI

Banned
Is this game more of a metroidvania? Or is it a Zelda 2 type of action RPG (the side scrolling bits)

it's a 2D-single-plane beat'em up with tons of collectible swords that have different abilities and some very lite RPG elements.

kick51

Banned
Full Vita games are rare/cheap enough for me to purchase that I just buy them all digitally now. I don't have a single cart game on Vita. Need 64gb card badly :(

and yes, for those wondering, it is as good looking as you can imagine on the oled

RMI

Banned
I asked to speak to a Amazon rep and they said they haven't even received the game yet. So even though my order says it'll be delivered June 27th, it will likely be the first week in July.

So if you are looking for or ordered a physical copy you are pretty much SOL until next week. Much love to Aksys, but man this sucks.

well this really sucks. I have the LE on order through Amazon.

Forbiden

I had pretty much the same experience. They told me they didn't have enough stock from their "suppliers" and would be fulfilling orders on a "first come first serve" basis. So much for playing this game during my 4th of July vacation =/

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
No shipping notification from Amazon yet. I notice that new orders for the game now say "ships in 2-4 weeks." Gamestop shows a store in another state as the closest location with the game in stock, LOL.

If they don't send my copy out today, I'm going digital.

Yeah, I placed my Amazon preorder ages ago and there's no sign of it shipping soon :/

I finished the game on Wii with the 2 main characters so I don't mind waiting but it's still annoying.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Mine said the same (NC east coast), but they expect it to arrive Thursday, most likely.

Not too bad. I can live with it!

I hope they come in by then since if they get rid of my copy while I'm in LA I'm probably just going to drop getting it all together.

antitrop

Thanks to this game, my Vita now has a place next to my keyboard to pull out "when I'm bored". That's quite a step up, this game is pretty cool.

Makes me want Dust on this system, too.

AmanoBuff

Here's my impressions so far (quoting myself from the Vita thread):

Personally, I like it a lot. The option to map the buttons is very nice and makes it way easier to play than with the original mapping. Graphics look incredible on the Vita screen. The backtracking is not as awful as I thought it would be, although it leaves you wanting a way to backtrack faster.

I am really digging the sword crafting and the combat. It requires some strategy, but not so much as to deter from the action.

Another thing I also like a lot is that the story is not that heavy and dense, which lets me just pick it up and play and even follow it without worrying that I will miss something. Think of the story (and the whole game in general), as a lighter version of Odin Sphere but with better combat that needs a bit more strategy.

Overall I really like the game. If you get let us know what you think!

In short, I really like it! :D

antibolo

Banned
Ugh, Aksys has really dropped the ball on the retail release of this game. I really wanted a physical copy, but I may cancel my order and just get it on PSN, because at this point it feels like they're not even going to be able to fulfill all pre-orders.

Top Bottom