• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Must I play all the ratchet and clank games?

KarishBHR

Apparently all of these games are tight, and I guesse I should have played them. If I wanna get 3, do I need to have played 1 and 2?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
they reference the last games somewhat frequently, its not a must but it would help to understand more of the story and hillarious cutscenes. Both 1 and 2 are $20 now

Mrbob

They are all fun, but the additions to part two are fantastic.

Personally, I would skip one, grab 2 and 3.

Given that you can get 1 & 2 at Best Buy for $30 combined (using two Best Buy Gamers cards), you'd be a fool not to.

The story is not critical to the game, but you'd probably enjoy it quite a bit more (although you'd love it regardless), if you played the previous ones.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
If you play pt1, you can transfer your game save to Going Commando and have the weapon upgrades already. Dunno about Going Commando's save transfering to Up Your Arsenal though...

*I still have to buy Ratchet & Clank Going Commando, but Toyrus never has it for their sale this week (-_-

Gorey

Another vote for skipping 1 and playing 2 - 3. Game #2 really added some neat stuff to the mix; a spacefighter you can customize, more weapons, etc.

Yeah, skip 1, which is basically a stripped down, more boring version of 2. 3 is probably worth playing as well if the multiplayer is as good as it's supposed to be and the single player is still on par with 2.

Top Bottom