• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My fellow Canadian Buffy/Angel fans! Finally a deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

I know us Canadians have been ... well, insulted by our American neighbours posting "get the game you can't find in Canada for under $50 for $10 American from this site that doesn't deliver to Canada" threads time and time again.

It's about time some of us cannucks got a fricken DEAL for once.

That day is today, for Buffy and Angel fans that is (though you might already own them).

Deal of the MILLENIUM!!!

Buffy Season 1 - $17.99
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...&sku_id=0665000FSM1878939&catid=&newdeptid=13

Angel Season 1 - $32.99
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...&sku_id=0665000FSM2017717&catid=&newdeptid=13

Free shipping and everything!

EDIT - It IS out of stock, but my order says they'll ship them as soon as they get the stock.

Tabris

Come on, if you're a Buffy/Angel fan, you bought these when they came out :)

...but honestly, we get the deals on dvds here same as americans. It's games we don't as much.

Tabris

As for DVDs, I'll give you an example of the last 5 I purchased

1) Wallstreet - $10.99
2) Chinese Connection - $10.99
3) The Good, the Bad, the Ugly (normal version) - $8.99
4) Fistful of Dollars - $8.99
5) Crime + Punishment in Suberbia - $8.99

Come on, the deals just simply can't get any better than that. All canadian deals.

Fifty

Where'd you get them? :p I agree that we get plenty of deals on DVDs, I'm just curious. If only it carried over into games.

And that is a good deal at futureshop.....It's a shame I already have the DVDs. As most fans would ;)

maharg

idspispopd
The Joss show DVDs have always been a fair bit cheaper here than there, especially after exchange rate.

It's kind of funny, really.

GG-Duo

I think every first season box set from Fox is on sale.

I bought The Simpsons Season 1 for 16 bucks, plus tax.

* check Red Flag Deals.

LakeEarth

GG-Duo said:

I think your right... Family Guy is only $22.99 right now, and that's Season 1 and 2.

FUTURAMA GET!!!! $19.99!!!

LakeEarth

Tabris said:

Dammit, I have to already have that one. Now I know how my friend felt when I told him about the deal.

I figured they wouldn't put this one on sale. I thought all the first seasons were on sale to get us hooked to getting the rest of the seasons... but since Firefly doesn't have a future... I dunno why they're doing it.

I ordered the season 1's of Buffy, Angel, Futurama and King of the Hill. I can't spend anymore, though Season 1 of 24 is only $29.

Tabris

Ooohhhh it is!

Is 24 worth it? I've never seen it. What kind of genre? Is it "political intrigue"?

is it good political intrigue or cliched boring tom clancy intrigue?

Fifty

It's not really political at all. Pretty much action from end to end. Sure there is a political subplot, but the show moves at a very fast pace. Since it's a show that relies on cliffhangers, it's perfect for the DVD medium. Once you watch one ep you'll be hooked. I picked the sets up for $60...If you can get them cheap, by all mean do so. You're in for a treat.

LakeEarth

It's not letting me buy it... which is weird cause the others say "Out of Stock" but still let me order it... but 24 is "sold out", which I guess is somehow different.

Bigfoot

Smart move by Fox. Thet get you to buy the first one for cheap, then if you like the show enought, they know you will buy the other seasons.

I was holding off buying the 24 DVDs, but this is too good to pass up. Damn you Fox!

LakeEarth

Porthos said:
Smart move by Fox. Thet get you to buy the first one for cheap, then if you like the show enought, they know you will buy the other seasons.

That's what I thought too, but why would shows that didn't last, like Firefly be cheap too? It's strange... but I might go to futureshop to check for 24 since it's not online.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I don't think season 1 of either series is a great indicator of quality. A few episodes maybe, The Pack from Buffy and two or three from Angel, but generally the second seasons are where the quality really kicks in.

Tabris

Angel Season 1 was amazing! Especially the Faith episodes.

The second season was actually the worst of Angel imo.

Memles

GG-Duo said:

Thank you to yourself and to LakeEarth for starting this thread...you got me a nice copy of Simpsons Season One. Now I'll only need to fill in Season Two eventually.

Tempted to pick up some others, but not going to. Here's hoping Season Two is this cheap next week or something.

beerbelly

Banned
Not really a Buffy fan but I know a couple of sites that offer really cheap games at times.
Compusmart.ca has Stuntman for 9.99!!!! Sometimes they sell relatively new games for 5-10$ cheaper. Also if you want good deals, check out Redflagdeals

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Jesus, these are insane deals. Some would be pretty good deals in US currency.

So, what kind canadian wants a couple five dollar circuit city games for Firefly and Family Guy? :p

Memles

beerbelly said:
Not really a Buffy fan but I know a couple of sites that offer really cheap games at times.
Compusmart.ca has Stuntman for 9.99!!!! Sometimes they sell relatively new games for 5-10$ cheaper. Also if you want good deals, check out Redflagdeals

No kidding! Compusmart is a great website...the only problem is the lack of a store in my area, combined with an insanely expensive shipping cost. I'm INCREDIBLY tempted by the fact that Wario WAre (GCN) is a mere $20 CDN at the site, but it would go up to regular price unless I buy something else with it, and I'm not feeling that rich today, I already bought me some Simpsons DVDs.

Anyone use Compusmart before? Reliability concerns on this end, I'm afraid, and wondering whether it will be worth it. I'm looking to grab a 1019 at the same time for free shipping, but aren't sure of the site's security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom