• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Calpain said:
Cool, it does look like a call back doesn't it? I wonder what other parts of the show are call backs to the earlier generations. Has anyone compiled a list?

Only one I know of is Twilight's Mom.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Narag said:
" This may be a coincidence, but did anyone notice that the pilot was the quest of a group of girls to track down a villain who escaped from the moon and complete 6 impossible requests to put an end to an imperishable night, after which Defeat Means Friendship? "
fNION.png

Bakphoon

Nishastra said:
She's trying desperately to get rid of the "ei" in the corner, but it just... won't... fade away!

I know im way to laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate, but it is funny because the german word "Ei" means egg in english :D

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Choppasmith said:
So yeah.. this Brazilian Nissan commercial seems kinda peculiar...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3yGSJE53kU
Finally a use for my native language! :D

This commercial plays with the fact that "maldito" (the portuguese word for "damned") sounds somewhat like "my little".

Translation:

"Do you want a pickup with horse power, or pony power?

Driver: Damned ponies!

Ponies: Damned pony, damned pony, come get stuck in the mud with us; I hate this car, I hate the mud (gross!), I'll never get out of here.

Flying pony: *kiss* I love you!

Choose a really powerful pickup: Nissan Frontier, 172 horsepower, the most powerful in its class. Nissan has an innovative way to think power. Think about a Nissan.

Pony: Hey, you! Don't close this video yet! Let me have a little word with you. *demon mode* It's like this: if you don't pass along this video to 10 people, you will suffer the curse of the pony. You'll spend the rest of your life with this song stuck in your head. *back to normal* Damned pony, damned pony, lalalalalalala! Damned pony, damned pony...

Lalalalalalala!"

Orcastar

Another great synchtube lat night, thank you all! TF2 was fun as well, though no matter how many times the teams were scrambled, one side was almost always dominating. Oh well...

On a somewhat related note, it was fun to notice once again that despite multiple viewings, there are still little gags and nods in the series that I haven't yet noticed. Case in point: Fluttershy's tea party in Owl's Well That Ends Well. They actually have a tea party in the series, one of the most tired clichés of vapid, girly cartoons but they never show it to the viewers. Genius
Choppasmith said:
So yeah.. this Brazilian Nissan commercial seems kinda peculiar...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3yGSJE53kU
Is it a coincidence that it's the pink one who goes all demonic? I think not... Theonik's reponse is appropriate.

OMG Aero

Orcastar said:
Another great synchtube lat night, thank you all! TF2 was fun as well, though no matter how many times the teams were scrambled, one side was almost always dominating. Oh well...

On a somewhat related note, it was fun to notice once again that despite multiple viewings, there are still little gags and nods in the series that I haven't yet noticed. Case in point: Fluttershy's tea party in Owl's Well That Ends Well. They actually have a tea party in the series, one of the most tired clichés of vapid, girly cartoons but they never show it to the viewers. Genius
Yeah, I really wasn't on my A game at all during the TF2 matches but hey, you win some you lose some. And about the tea party, we technically have seen one of them at the end of Stare Master.
2hvg2.jpg

If you can have a party of two that is.

Anyway it's time for the votes. Cutie Mark Chronicles got a lot of 5 votes last night, could this finally be the day when Suited for Success is beaten?
For The Cutie Mark Chronicles: 22 people voted 5 (The highest number of 5 votes any episode has received so far!), 7 people voted 4, 1 person voted 3 and no-one voted 2 or 1, giving it an average of 4.7.
For Owl's Well That Ends Well: 1 person voted 5 (Wonder who that was?), 9 people voted 4, 13 people 3, 3 people voted 2 and 1 person voted 1, giving it an average of 3.22.

Which leaves the current ranking at:
1. Suited For Success - 4.73
2. The Cutie Mark Chronicles - 4.7
3. Sonic Rainboom - 4.68
3. Dragonshy - 4.68
4. Winter Wrap Up - 4.54
5. Green Isn't Your Color - 4.52
6. A Bird in the Hoof - 4.34
7. A Dog and Pony Show - 4.3
8. Swarm of the Century - 4.28
9. Bridle Gossip - 4.07
10. Friendship is Magic Part 1 - 4.06
11. The Ticket Master - 4.05
12. Griffon the Brush-Off - 4
13. Look Before You Sleep - 3.81
14. Stare Master - 3.71
14. Friendship is Magic Part 2 - 3.71
15. Fall Weather Friends - 3.69
16. Applebuck Season - 3.67
17. Boast Busters - 3.58
18. The Show Stoppers - 3.5
19. Over A Barrel - 3.48
20. Feeling Pinkie Keen - 3.45
21. Owl's Well That Ends Well - 3.22
22. Call of the Cutie - 3.15

It's so close but Cutie Mark Chronicles ends up second, dethroning Sonic Rainboom and Dragonshy. I didn't expect Owl's Well That Ends Well to come so low though, I thought there were some pretty good bits with Spike's evil plan.
Side note: If the one person who voted 3 for Cutie Mark Chronicles voted 4 or 5 or didn't vote at all, then Cutie Mark Chronicles would have beaten Suited For Success. You did your job well, Rarity fan.

For the Humble Indie Bundle raffle, I used a random number generator to see which of the six entries I got won and the winner is Orcastar! I'm not really sure why I asked for Steam IDs since you redeem the bundle on their website, but I just PM'd you the URL you need to get your games. And thanks again to n8BitMan for buying the bundle to have as a prize.

It's hard to believe we've been doing this for 12 weeks (13 if you count the last episode party), but we've finally reached the last two episodes as next week's Synchtube stream will be Party of One and The Best Night Ever. Both of them are great episodes, but can any of them topple Suited For Success or was the best episode decided 5 weeks ago?
As for what we'll do after streaming all the episodes, we can all decide that after next week.

Owl's Well ranked so low? Even lower than Over a Barrel?

That was surprising. o_O Owl's Well got me almost teary-eyed at the end (rarely happens with me), while Over a Barrel made me think that the quality of the show is on a steep decline at that point.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Wolf Akela said:
Owl's Well ranked so low? Even lower than Over a Barrel?

That was surprising. o_O Owl's Well got me almost teary-eyed at the end (rarely happens with me), while Over a Barrel made me think that the quality of the show is on a steep decline at that point.

I think the biggest problem with Owl's Well is the same problem with Over a Barrel or Feeling Pinkie Keen. While they both have some really good and funny parts in them, they both ended up botching the wrap up and the moral.

Twilight says that Spike can't be replaced and that Owlowicious is merely there for nighttime help. But they don't show us anything that Spike can do that Owlowicious can't do just as well if not better, and they also show him helping Twilight during the day. It's a pretty flawed episode.

The real tragedy is that I find Call of the Cutie to be the best CMC episode. It has a decent message in it, and has good pacing and humor. I think its ranking is just a victim of CMC backlash, being the first CMC people got to vote on and extend their rage into.

I mean really, worst episode? Worse than Showstopper or the two Dave Polsky episodes? I guess such are the politics of voting.

Aka, I should find a way to join the synchtube rewatch while I still can and cast votes as well.

Orcastar

I won?

cec0c.gif

Yes yes yes yes yes!

Thanks a lot n8BitMan and Aero!

I really didn't expect Owl's Well That Ends Well to end up that low either. To me it's an average episode, certainly better than Over a Barrel and Show Stoppers at least.
Not better than Feeling Pinkie Keen though.

Can't wait for next week's Synchtube, Suited for Success is going to get dethroned for sure, maybe even twice. Gonna be a bittersweet victory though since there are no more episodes left...

Bufbaf said:
Well that was certainly different. A nice change from all the techno and dance centric remixes. More please.

Calpain

I'm surprised Owl got such a low score as well. While I thought it was an average episode when I first watched it seeing it again made me appreciate it more. Still, no episode has fallen below a three average and I doubt the next two will score that low.

So looking at the scores, even the worst episodes on average scored in the average range with 13 episodes so far scoring a 4 or higher which I would say is fantastic for a show just finding its legs in its first season. Hopefully we can count on the same quality if not better in the second season!

On another note, I found a pic that might make a good wall paper for some of you:

What's Rarity doing with all of that forehead?

Pic ruined. :(

Orcastar gets props for assisting the Baby Crusher 3000 last night, by the way.

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
Sounds like you guys had a great time in the synchtube yesterday! And congratulations to Orcastar on winning that Humble Bundle. I picked it up a few days ago, and I'm having a lot more fun with it than I expected.

In particular, I was surprised by Crayon Physics Deluxe. It's an incredibly simplistic game, but the puzzles are satisfying in the same way as puzzles from Portal. I'd recommend that everyone in this thread picks up a copy of the bundle before the deal is up. Pay what you want for 5 great games, and the proceeds go directly to the developers and charity.

Bufbaf said:
I didn't expect that from the Remix War, but that was pretty impressive. Amazing video.

Foxix Von

Another saturday missed :(

Although in my defense I was really busy. I had to finish up home work, go to a street fair, go down a zip line and scare some folks walking, race some segways, fly in a RV-4 and do some rolls, a loop and got to experience some sort of crazy stall maneuver, and then had to go sneak into a bar and dance among some hippies with my girlfriend.

I was unaware that under enough force you can actually feel you're cheeks reaching toward your feet.

2th

Banned
had another wedding to attend this weekend out in the boonies of TN and there were some interesting things seen on the drive. this picture being the best.

jHsNg.jpg

Orcastar

TouchMyBox said:
Orcastar gets props for assisting the Baby Crusher 3000 last night, by the way.
Thanks! Those Badlands caps were crazy, too bad I always got killed on the way though.

Quinnjaminn said:
DJ Amaya uploaded his second MLP remix, this time of the main theme. Once again, he nails it.
So good! Hope he plans on doing more of these, would love to hear his versions of Giggle at the Ghostie and Art of the Dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom