• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiff

Banned
Ultimoo said:
guys what happened to Master Milk? :(
Piracy talk in the Anime thread. What else?

Nishastra said:
Ooh, yeah. I have the 1TB version of that myself. It has served me well!
Guess I'll go with that then!

Nishastra said:
Do it. I mean... if you want...
It'd work because I wouldn't have to change my personality at all!

Nishastra

Banned
tiff said:
It'd work because I wouldn't have to change my personality at all!
I really like the idea of someone cosplaying who panics and hides or runs away from strangers. A great cosplayer who never gets their picture taken.

Like some kind of legend. Look, it's that yellow-pink blur in the corner!

I want to see a recreation of that Photo Finish picture, where Fluttershy is just barely peeking into the frame from below :p

Nishastra said:
I really like the idea of someone cosplaying who panics and hides or runs away from strangers. A great cosplayer who never gets their picture taken.

I want to see a recreation of that Photo Finish picture, where Fluttershy is just barely peeking into the frame from below :p

That would indeed be hilarious. It also reminds me of this random pic I saw last night:
1303478314292-%28n1305131175969%29.png

tiff

Banned
Nishastra said:

I think I'm too shy to run away from someone like that. Think of all the attention that'd bring to me!

It is always so funny reading your posts when you are talking about stuff like that, due to imagining the words coming from your various avatars tiff. I just imagined Lyn, in that outfit, running from people trying to take her picture.

AdawgDaFAB said:
It is always so funny reading your posts when you are talking about stuff like that, due to imagining the words coming from your various avatars tiff. I just imagined Lyn, in that outfit, running from people trying to take her picture.
If we're on about imagining posts coming from avatars I can't help but get the impression that you're as happy as a clam

Nocturnowl said:
If we're on about imagining posts coming from avatars I can't help but get the impression that you're as happy as a clam
Well with how great out community is, I typically am. Either here or in the chat, you all are constantly making me laugh and smile.

PS: I always read your posts in ADR's voice and whenever I see Nishastra post it's like Rarity showed up to bestow upon us her words of wisdom, which she is happily pointing out.

Calpain said:
Cute stuff. I've been a little split on Cartoonlion's artwork as of late though due to some of the stuff she(?) has chosen to draw. For instance that picture of Spike with filly RD is cute, but it's part of a bigger picture that's a little... odd.

Yeah, there's a very good reason I only posted the Spike and Baby Dash version.

I really like CartoonLion's style, so I'm willing to put up with her eccentricities. It's like the Megasweet clause.

Calpain

Captain Fish said:
Yeah, there's a very good reason I only posted the Spike and Baby Dash version.

I really like CartoonLion's style, so I'm willing to put up with her eccentricities. It's like the Megasweet clause.
Same here. Her style makes for really cute pics so I'm willing to ignore the weirder stuff she makes. Let's hope though she doesn't pull a Megasweet where the majority of the pics produced are weird instead of cute.

Calpain said:
Same here. Her style makes for really cute pics so I'm willing to ignore the weirder stuff she makes.
A lot of the strange looking (oddly square muzzles) and duplicate ponies are from a fanfic called On A Cross and Arrow. It's an alternate universe story using MLP Fanfic Cliche #243: Twilight misuses teleport magic and fucks stuff up. The six get transported to an alternate dimension where everyone's genderswitched, and since the normal members of the cast stuck in the alternate world, hijinks ensue.

The author (Conner Cogwork) has written five chapters so far, and I'm enjoying the story quite a bit. It's funny, light-hearted, and generally cute as well as being engagingly written (the other two stories by Conner are definitely worth checking out, especially this one). CartoonLion draws a lot of art either from or inspired by the male characters in the story, and the male versions of the mane six have names I've seen used across other stories, almost making their names fanon. It's good stuff. :)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Calpain said:
Cute stuff. I've been a little split on Cartoonlion's artwork as of late though due to some of the stuff she(?) has chosen to draw. For instance that picture of Spike with filly RD is cute, but it's part of a bigger picture that's a little... odd.
mCUre.png

8hpT7.png

AdawgDaFAB said:
Well with how great out community is, I typically am. Either here or in the chat, you all are constantly making me laugh and smile.

PS I always read your posts in ADR's voice
It is a cheerful community, quite a change from the norm and ADR voice instantly makes my posts seems classier.

But then there is the more odd side to this, as just presented by the always controversial Pandaman.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Hey, guys. I'm really sorry for being such a miserable jerk in the chat a couple of hours ago. All the latency on my mobile phone's irc combined with the all the encouragement made me behave really unfairly. If anything, I think you guys are a little too complimenting of my terrible doodles and chances of improving but I shouldn't have said what I did and left.

Calpain

Adelor Lyon said:
A lot of the strange looking (oddly square muzzles) and duplicate ponies are from a fanfic called On A Cross and Arrow. It's an alternate universe story using MLP Fanfic Cliche #243: Twilight misuses teleport magic and fucks stuff up. The six get transported to an alternate dimension where everyone's genderswitched, and since the normal members of the cast stuck in the alternate world, hijinks ensue.

The author (Conner Cogwork) has written five chapters so far, and I'm enjoying the story quite a bit. It's funny, light-hearted, and generally cute as well as being engagingly written (the other two stories by Conner are definitely worth checking out, especially this one). CartoonLion draws a lot of art either from or inspired by the male characters in the story, and the male versions of the mane six have names I've seen used across other stories, almost making their names fanon. It's good stuff. :)
Oh I know the gender switch stuff was made for that story, but that's not the weird stuff I was talking about. Though I don't read fanfics I try to keep up on what the fandom is doing. Glad to hear you are enjoying it!

Pandaman said:
http://i.imgur.com/mCUre.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/8hpT7.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Panda, never change.:)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Thnikkaman said:
Hey, guys. I'm really sorry for being such a miserable jerk in the chat a couple of hours ago. All the latency on my mobile phone's irc combined with the all the encouragement made me behave really unfairly. If anything, I think you guys are a little too complimenting of my terrible doodles and chances of improving but I shouldn't have said what I did and left.
you left before i could finish my apple. :(

your doodles really are great, but lets get better together too. ^^

Narag

Thnikkaman said:
No worries!

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Pandaman said:
you left before i could finish my apple. :(

your doodles really are great, but lets get better together too. ^^
But your apple was coloured and looks as shiny as the real thing. I'm just so frustrated after dropping out, not being accepted for jobs... I'm dying for an outlet that isn't watching TV that I hate. Frug my life.

If it's okay for me to say, you should keep up with painting from life (at least digitally).

Well, Pony-GAF, I have successfully moved most of my stuff from my parents' house into the duplex I'll be sharing with a long-time buddy. We haven't worked out what we'll do for internet yet, and I have no laptop, so it may be a while before I can log in again.

Independence, already feels good :) Though now I must pony incognito >_>

So I temporarily bid Pony-GAF (and all of GAF) adieu. Adieu's a word right

2th

Banned
How About No said:
Well, Pony-GAF, I have successfully moved most of my stuff from my parents' house into the duplex I'll be sharing with a long-time buddy. We haven't worked out what we'll do for internet yet, and I have no laptop, so it may be a while before I can log in again.

You shall be missed!

Calpain

How About No said:

Hopefully you won't be gone for too long and congratulations on moving into your new duplex!

Songbird

Prodigal Son
How About No said:

Congratulations! Get to a library with PCs and say hello in the meantime, won't you?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
How About No said:

You're not sharing ponies with your friend... That's not friendship...

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Thnikkaman said:
You have nothing to be ashamed of, neither here nor in that other thread. I am also aware that I may not have given you proper attention during that exchange. Your drawings were great, even though there's always space for improvement. If you want, we'll just go over the challenge amongst ourselves, since you (rightly) seem to think that the challenge is being overwhelmingly taken over by people who already have advanced drawing skills. I'm sure that all of us at PonyGAF will be happy to give you sincere criticism and support.

It's easy to ask you to keep a stiff upper lip when I'm not in your shoes, but isn't that a thing you brits do so well? :)

How About No said:

We're already anticipating the day when your buddy will post in this thread. We trust you. ;)

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Myke Greywolf said:
You have nothing to be ashamed of, neither here nor in that other thread. I am also aware that I may not have given you proper attention during that exchange. Your drawings were great, even though there's always space for improvement. If you want, we'll just go over the challenge amongst ourselves, since you (rightly) seem to think that the challenge is being overwhelmingly taken over by people who already have advanced drawing skills. I'm sure that all of us at PonyGAF will be happy to give you sincere criticism and support.

It's easy to ask you to keep a stiff upper lip when I'm not in your shoes, but isn't that a thing you brits do so well? :)

We're already anticipating the day when your buddy will post in this thread. We trust you. ;)
Myke, you're one of the coolest dudes on Gaf that I've chatted with but attention is the thing I needed the least in that thread with all the complaining I was doing.

Orcastar

How About No said:

You can introduce your friend to the herd now, or eventually he'll walk in on you while you're watching ponies. Then again the latter option would probably make a more interesting story for you to report back to us.

Anyways congratz on your new apartment!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Thnikkaman said:
But your apple was coloured and looks as shiny as the real thing. I'm just so frustrated after dropping out, not being accepted for jobs... I'm dying for an outlet that isn't watching TV that I hate. Frug my life.

If it's okay for me to say, you should keep up with painting from life (at least digitally).
bah, real life has a disturbing shortage of ponies.

but yea i was happy with how it came out, i have never done the digital painting style with my tablet before, but i found this cool colour wheel app for photoshop that made eyeballing shades soooo much easier, so i just combined that with baks tip on pressure opacity and went to town on that apple. >_>

its easy stuff, you're the one doing actual art on paper. i had to whine just to get them to let tablets in. :p

Calpain

Quinnjaminn said:
More masterpieces from Moe:

Moe always makes such wonderful MLP paintings. I wonder if he/she is a professional outside of the net?

Oh, and it looks like I finally became a member! Here, have a Derpy guys!

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
Calpain said:
Moe always makes such wonderful MLP paintings. I wonder if he/she is a professional outside of the net?

Oh, and it looks like I finally became a member! Here, have a Derpy guys!
I remember him discussing it in the comments of one of his paintings, but I'm pretty sure he said he was just a student. If I find it later, I'll be sure to link it here. And congratulations on member status!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom