• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Off topic, but I'm really liking all the Twilight avatars.

Glad to see some people recognize who the best pony is ;).

BDGAME

Pankaks said:
Off topic, but I'm really liking all the Twilight avatars.

Glad to see some people recognize who the best pony is ;).

brohoof-%28n1293574743684%29.png

SirSwirl

Neo Member
Hello PonyGAF,

I'm really LttP here, but I decided to watch this series a little bit more after seeing a few eps some weeks ago, and can say that I am officially a fan. I watched episodes 8 through 11 today and just couldn't stop. It's a really great series overall, I can see why it has such a following, as I'm really enjoying it.

I was wondering if there was any place for avatars as well, as I may be starting off with one of those, thanks.

Uchip

Banned
Pandaman said:
why do people invent this silly fanon where celestia is hyper sympathetic and nightmare is childish.

its no different to 90% of madoka art featuring lesbian relationships that were never even hinted at

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Uchip said:
its no different to 90% of madoka art featuring lesbian relationships that were never even hinted at
yea, but i hold mlp fans to a higher standard than mouth breathing madoka weeaboos.

G-Fex

you know ath this moment I can't begin to tell you guys apart from some other fans cause it's all just crazy to me and maybe that's not so terrible cause I dnot expect better I suppose?

Maybe you're notches below, sonic fans I'm not sure.

I shall do mooo calculates later.

I can taste twilite tears.

Neki

G-Fex said:
you know ath this moment I can't begin to tell you guys apart from some other fans cause it's all just crazy to me and maybe that's not so terrible cause I dnot expect better I suppose?

Maybe you're notches below, sonic fans I'm not sure.

I shall do mooo calculates later.

I can taste twilite tears.

I see you have overcome your irrational fear of colourful ponies. good to hear.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
G-Fex said:
I don' tttknow I'm so y you guys. I mean Im so taking this so theres a thing oh wait it's not.
There tha tway

Seems like somepony has been hitting the hard cider.

Ellis Kim

Banned
They only asked President Clinton like... 3 questions, and the other multiple choice answers were intentionally dubious, lol. Clinton was forced into his brony status XD

SmZA

I've been sick the last few days so I thought it a good time to start watching this show. I'm up to episode 12, it's neat so far though not as good as Powerpuff Girls. I suspect it's a slow burn.

One thing I find fun is coming up with alternative life lessons for Twilight Sparkle. Some of the things she reports to Celestia are totally off base. Examples:

In the 'slumber party' episode, Twilight Sparkle learns that friends can embrace one another's differences rather than let them tear them apart.
My lesson: "Don't get so wrapped up in your plans for the group that you don't notice your friends aren't having fun. And who runs a slumber party out of a fucking book, anyway?"

In the 'only two tickets' episode, Twilight Sparkle learns that things are not fun if some of your friends miss out, so best if no-one has fun at all.
My lesson: "First come, first served."

In the 'bugs multiplying everywhere' episode, Twilight Sparkle learns that she should listen to her friends' solutions, even if they make no fucking sense.
My lesson, for Pinkie Pie: "If you have a plan, clearly communicate it. Don't expect your friends to follow you blindly. If you hadn't sounded like such a lunatic this problem would've been solved much faster."

Post your own!

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Adelor Lyon said:
This push to get MLP:FIM to the top of Know Your Meme's meme chart bothers me. I have friends who refuse to watch an episode BECAUSE it's gotten annoyingly overexposed because of random people posting images to every single messageboard my friends frequent. The images are being posted by people who care only for its memetic nature, not because it's a wonderful collection of writing, music, and animation, and the overexposure is annoying a lot of people, when they're posted on topic. Even here some people spam pony images, yet when it does it's almost never one of us posting them yet the collective PonyGAF gets the blame. I know the memes got the show exposure to have people dig deeper and see the show stands on its own quality-wise, but this isn't the kind of exposure the show needs, IMO.
You have a valid concern. This push by some fans to put the show everywhere is polarizing the prospective viewership, although one can argue that the people who refuse to watch it because of the exposition, weren't going to give it the time of day, anyway.

The problem is if this ends up pissing off some key people who end up working actively to marginalize the whole fandom, regardless of the elements who caused that reaction. It would be better if these detractors had just remained ignorant about the whole phenomenon.

I love the show and I'm all for raising awareness, but not by spamming pony in every conceivable context. This has to be done with tact and taste, but many fans seem like they never heard the word "subtlety".

Paulathon said:
Post your own!
"Sonic Rainboom" to Rarity: Don't try to upstage your goddess - at least, not while she's watching.
"Fall Weather Friends" to Rainbow Dash: If you bring a gun to a knife fight, you may win, but most people will mark you as a jerk.

And welcome to the herd. :)

SirSwirl said:
Hello PonyGAF,

I'm really LttP here, but I decided to watch this series a little bit more after seeing a few eps some weeks ago, and can say that I am officially a fan. I watched episodes 8 through 11 today and just couldn't stop. It's a really great series overall, I can see why it has such a following, as I'm really enjoying it.

I was wondering if there was any place for avatars as well, as I may be starting off with one of those, thanks.
It's great that you're enjoying it! Some of the best episodes are still to come, I hope you get a kick out of those.

Valygar

Hello! It seems there is a new batch of junior members. I've waited for 2-3 years, and I'm finally in!.

MLP is one of the things I've been following as a lurker. Thanks to your pony avatars, I found this thread, read the OP (great one) and decided to give it a shot.

I've watched all the episodes and I am waiting for the next season, meanwhile I'm trying to introduce more friends to some pony love (only two so far :( ).

Now a little more on topic, I think the last episode of the season was a bit weak. I expected something a bit more epic, like the first episode, and it was a "normal" episode, even a bit boring :/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom