• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

CHEEZMO™ said:
I sometimes feel as if half a thread has me on Ignore.
IT'S BECAUSE YOU LIKE WOMEN THAT HAVE BLOOD OF THEM, YOUR OPINION IS INVALID, YOUR LIKE FOR CERTAIN THINGS HAS RENDERED YOUR ABILITY TO HAVE AN OPINION ON SOMETHING TO BEING INVALID
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

muhahaha

tiff said:
What really bugs me about those threads is when people post the most hateful shit about, say, transpeople, crossdressing, furries, people who like moé, etc. and being just totally powerless to do anything about it.
What bothers me are that the overly hate spewing individuals likely have their own quirks that others would fear/hate/consider odd yet they act as if they are on some kind of imaginary higher tier where they are what should be the model of normality.
I'm of the frame of mind that as long an individuals quirk (for lack of a better term) isn't harmful to anyone I can let it go without bothering me even if I do find it weird or something. I don't see the need to direct such hatred towards individuals based on things that aren't going to cause me any actual problems.

Bakphoon

DrForester said:

MEH YOU WERE FASTER THAN ME :(

BLURAYS!!!!

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES !!!!

And brony toys (like male ponies) are confirmed too :D

brian577

Banned
Nishastra said:
That's nothing new... It said that when we first found out about season 2.

It won't all be complete when it starts airing. Jayson seems to think it'll start in fall.

True, but the editor's clarification from a professional in the industry does raise doubt.

DrForester said:

I sure hope so. I saw the video and even though the rep said yes after being asked about DVD and Blu-ray, she only refers to DVD releases. Something about a pony with included DVD and a proper DVD release. I sure hope Blu-ray is in the cards. It would be feasible though, with Blu-rays you've got all the fancy Java coding for possible games, they COULD make it like a Disney Blu-ray with a nice mix of special features for everyone and games for the kids.

Nishastra

Banned
brian577 said:
True, but the editor's clarification from a professional in the industry does raise doubt.
I'm more inclined to listen to the director of the series, although he didn't give any kind of concrete date :p

He just thinks it'll start in fall.

Oh I forgot to mention. The article skips this, but the video mentions they they're trying to fix the mistake of bundling random animals with Pinkie and the others and that future sets will have their proper animal friends (Gummy was the one specifically mentioned)

tiff

Banned
Master Milk said:
No, not even a little. What a downgrade! Going from tits to idols, what is this I don't even
Aww. I'll bring Tiltyu back afterwards, but for now I gotta support Team Miki!

Orcastar

DrForester said:
Region free, please Hasbro?
80DEr.jpg

Choppasmith said:
Oh I forgot to mention. The article skips this, but the video mentions they they're trying to fix the mistake of bundling random animals with Pinkie and the others and that future sets will have their proper animal friends (Gummy was the one specifically mentioned)
That's not really the impression I got. The presenter didn't seem to know about Gummy at all.

kliklik

Banned
Nice new avvy, tiff =)

Myke Greywolf said:
That's not friendship... OR magic!

All's fair in love and war. ;P

that's redundant! =P

Owlowiscious said:
i'd rather they didn't use mlp in their stuff

I'd rather not ever hear about Anonymous again after the whole PSN debacle. Ugh. They're annoyingly self-righteous.

meltingparappa said:
Cheezmo WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?!

Actually there are some much more tolerant and nuanced responses than I was expecting, but so little productivity can come from a thread like that.

Well, if you want my completely unsolicited opinion, I think the furry fetish is pretty weird. But then again, I don't get the hardcore bondage fetish - why do you want to tie someone up and pretend it's not consensual? That's just creepy.

On the grand scale of disturbing fetishes, furries rank pretty low. As long as they're not involving real animals, then I don't see the point of making a fuss. And frankly, it's plain old straight people that are far more inappropriately and offputtingly outspoken about their sexuality.

It's interesting though to see in that thread the sample bias + confirmation bias powerfully at work. To answer the original question though, internet forums are very cliqueish and herd-mentalityish (as evidenced by the spread of memes) and cliqueishness and herd mentality can easily transform into mob behaviour - burn the witch and all that to reinforce similarity and discourage divergence.

The questions was like "will there be blurays and dvd's?"

the answer was "yes, there will be dvd's included with the toys, and dvd's sold separately"

nothing about blurays from what I heard.

I will use this moment to restate
Owlowiscious said:
Myke Greywolf said:
And I made a question. :)
Ellis Kim said:
I did too :x
Updated

What do you think of the format? It's probably what I'm going to work with. (Screencaps, cut/paste, tracing, drawing onto a screencap. I feel like B^U... ugh)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
jdogmoney said:
I saw the first few episodes of this show at the behest of a friend.

It...it's pretty good?

Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Edit:

jdogmoney said:
I've seen four, I think, but the last two are out of order.

Twilight Sparkle is my favorite.

You are officially a-okay in my book.

kliklik

Banned
jdogmoney said:

Same, and same =D

Will you keep watching? I hope you're not using the low quality youtube vids.

Calpain

jdogmoney said:

Woot! More Twilight fans! Glad to hear you're liking it so far, always good to see new faces around here.

Neki

Pandaman said:
twi was my favourite when i started to, good man.
twilight sparkle is still my favourite, it's a tie between her and pinkie pie, and then fluttershy, and then rarity, rainbow dash, and then luna, and then applejack.

am I doing it right? ha.

kliklik

Banned
Ultimoo said:
twilight sparkle is still my favourite, it's a tie between her and pinkie pie, and then fluttershy, and then rarity, rainbow dash, and then luna, and then applejack.

am I doing it right? ha.

No-one likes applejack?

Watch the youtube
Owlowiscious said:
The questions was like "will there be blurays and dvd's?"

the answer was "yes, there will be dvd's included with the toys, and dvd's sold separately"

nothing about blurays from what I heard.
And they interpret "yes we're aware of bronies. we try to ensure our products are for all ages" as "TOYS FOR BRONIES!!!! OGMGMMGMG" which in reality it probably means "yeah we're not changing anything"

one good thing from the video was "oops we never knew pinkie pie had a pet alligator, we're gonna talk to the higher ups to try to make her pet an aligator from now on"

Calpain

Owlowiscious said:
Watch the youtubeAnd they interpret "yes we're aware of bronies. we try to ensure our products are for all ages" as "TOYS FOR BRONIES!!!! OGMGMMGMG" which in reality it probably means "yeah we're not changing anything"

one good thing from the video was "oops we never knew pinkie pie had a pet alligator, we're gonna talk to the higher ups to try to make her pet an aligator from now on"
Ah, well, I was mainly reacting to the synopsis on the page saying DVD/Bluray was on the way. If that isn't the case that is rather disappointing. Seriously, if they don't release the show on a Bluray format they're missing out on a great opportunity to make money from their adult fans, same with the toys. I can't believe how many times over the months I've heard 'I'd buy such and such if it was of better quality'.

If DVD is the only format to be released I'll reluctantly buy them to support the show, but I'll certainly still be watching the HD versions from my computer hooked to my TV.

As baffling as it is as to why they'd do DVD only instead of Blu-Ray, a lot of kids shows often do this because DVD penetration rates are so much higher. Also there's no shortage of novelty kids tv's with dvd-players built but, but not expensive blu-ray players.

Don't be surprised when it has an AWFUL cover, either.

My show's DVD had a big giant recycling logo (as it was an Earth Day special) behind some five year old clipart, which was a subliminal way of saying "this cover looks like this belongs in the trash".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom