• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellis Kim

Banned
lol invisiluna is a toy?

The power ranger pony design's actually awesome. Very Gatchaman. "Roll out" at the end made me read it in Optimus Prime's voice, lol. I just wish Celestia was a disembodied face, lol.

Duke nukem... lol :D

Calpain

OMG Aero said:
Would you like to see Jon St. John, voice of Duke Nukem, read the first few lines from the opening song? Of course you do.

Someone with more money than sense should get him to read all the lines of a character from an episode and replace the real voices with his.
Hehe, that was pretty awesome, Aero. Nice find my friend!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
mlnp_by_yoshiman1118-d3lnzk4.png

Pankaks said:
Quoted for new page.
Nishastra said:
Hmm... RD doesn't seem like a good fit for Leo :p
Agreed. Rainbow seems more of the maverick type, like Raphael. Twilight should've been Leonardo (well balanced and a leader). Applejack is probably the closest remaining match for Donatello (brute force & strength). Pinkie and Michelangelo are both crazy, so that works.

All that aside, the art's solid, although AJ holding the sai is awkward because it looks like she's squeezing it in her hoof. I'm okay with objects just hovering next to their hooves: I don't care how they hold them. :)

McNum

Twilight has a great expression in the last panel. No need to be concerned, Twi. It's just Pinkie being VERY Pinkie. Okay, maybe that IS reason to be concerned.

I think you just need an AJ <-> RB switch for that TMNT pic. AJ has been known to lead on occasion.
Twilight Sparkle does machines. Rainbow Dash is cool but crude, Pinkie Pie is the party dude. (PARTAAAAY)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Adelor Lyon said:
Agreed. Rainbow seems more of the maverick type, like Raphael. Twilight should've been Leonardo (well balanced and a leader). Applejack is probably the closest remaining match for Donatello (brute force & strength). Pinkie and Michelangelo are both crazy, so that works.

What are you even talking about. Donatello isn't about brute force and strength. He's all about being intellectual and making crazy machines.

Honestly, if you had to fit the ponies into turtles, Twilight Sparkle would be both Leonardo and Donatello.

Ellis Kim

Banned
ZealousD said:
What are you even talking about. Donatello isn't about brute force and strength. He's all about being intellectual and making crazy machines.

Honestly, if you had to fit the ponies into turtles, Twilight Sparkle would be both Leonardo and Donatello.
Seriously. Brute force? Wtf. Someone doesn't know his renaissance artists :/

ZealousD said:
What are you even talking about. Donatello isn't about brute force and strength.
Ellis Kim said:
Seriously. Brute force? Wtf. Someone doesn't know his renaissance artists :/
Meh. In retrospect, perhaps Twilight would be a better Donatello, but have you ever played any of the older (NES) turtle games? (I grew up with them) Or watch the cartoons? He's strong as hell: usually does the most damage. That's where I'm coming from. I had to choose between that or Donatello's intelligence/technical skill, and while Twilight fits both Don & Leo better than Applejack does either, Twilight seems to be a more natural leader and organizer than Applejack, so I see her as Leonardo. It fits, although not perfectly. Lighten up. :)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Adelor Lyon said:
Meh. In retrospect, perhaps Twilight would be a better Donatello, but have you ever played any of the older (NES) turtle games? (I grew up with them) Or watch the cartoons? He's strong as hell: usually does the most damage. That's where I'm coming from.

Donatello was never the strongest. He just has the most reach.

kliklik

Banned
Ok reporting back. I finished epis 3 and 4 and rewatched 1 and 2 with my bf.

This is how our convo went prior to watching...

me: heyyy wanna watch My Little Pony with me?

him: what? No way. Are you serious? That's a kids show and a 4chan meme. I can't believe you watch that shit.

me: it's not a meme. people really genuinely like it.

him: no they don't. it's crap.

me: oh. I guess you don't love me then.

him: whattt?

me: well you don't want to share in things that I enjoy. You don't care at all about my likes to even find out about them.

him: ...

me: !

him: ...ffffine.

Now he's a brony.

Neki

kliklik said:

him: what? No way. Are you serious? That's a kids show and a 4chan meme. I can't believe you watch that shit.

me: well you don't want to share in things that I enjoy. You don't care at all about my likes to even find out about them.

Now he's a brony.

I love ponies as much as the next, but damn, that was harsh, lol. GUILT TRIPPPPPPPP!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
kliklik said:

Now he's a brony.

Jerk.

Good conversion, but still. Jerk.

kliklik

Banned
Oh come off it. He's a big boy. And he likes the show. He told me that I have to stop watching them without him, so I can't see epis 5 and 6 yet.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Quinnjaminn said:
Equestria Daily just posted a 20 question interview with Jayson Thiessen, Director of Friendship is Magic. The interview covers many interesting aspects of the production process and is definitely worth a read.

13) Reminiscing about Season 1, what would you say is your personal favorite episode? Why?

OH geez. you had to ask that one. All of them. Ok ok... um. I guess i'd say Sonic Rainboom

He's a good man.

kliklik

Banned
Quinnjaminn said:
Equestria Daily just posted a 20 question interview with Jayson Thiessen, Director of Friendship is Magic. The interview covers many interesting aspects of the production process and is definitely worth a read.

That's interesting to read about production, how it rolls one episode in with another so they have 7 going at once, and they were working on season 2 while finishing up season 1. I didn't realise it worked like that, but thinking about it now, it should have been quite obvious to me. Of course each department is going to have to have *something* to do at all times, so that necessitates working on multiple episodes at once.

But wow, that must be stressful. I would love to see his work email inbox.

Calpain

Quinnjaminn said:
Reading that makes me even more confident that the show is in good hands. I was most intrigued on that little insight into the writing process. So it sounds like they brainstorm story concepts that they then run by Hasbro, then approved concepts are assigned to the writers who they think would handle the story the best.

He mentioned things seem to be running more efficiently and they are wiser about storytelling for season two. Hopefully this means they have a better grip on which writers suit which characters/situations and we'll have even better writing in season two! Combined with the fact Hasbro seems to give them a lot of liberty on how they tell the story once it's approved (according to Thiessen's Twitter) I'm excited to see what stories they will have for us when the season starts.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
kliklik said:
I do what needs to be done! No-one can argue with my results =D

(He knows I'm not serious...i think =P)
That's not friendship... OR magic!

All's fair in love and war. ;P

Quinnjaminn said:
Aw, they didn't use the question I submitted. :(

Pankaks said:
I'm not much of artist myself, but I saw this drawing guide on Reddit and figured someone here may find it useful.

How to draw MLP style.
This is a great tutorial, and I'll be sure to add it to my references, but the tutor made a common mistake on step 8, which is considering that the second joint on the hind leg is the knee, when it really is the ankle. The first joint is the knee, and there really is little freedom of movement at the hip, so there is no need to consider it separately from the point where the femur fits the hip bone.

Bakphoon

I sketched some stuff today:
those are taken with camera.. I really need to install my scanner again...

5lNUK.jpg

Left - Mazeedi pony test (it's a colt)

Right - belle eve face test

l9D6e.jpg

Top left - Belle Eve with a harness collar (that thing that big Mac wears) and she's angry

Top right - Panda spying / stalking again ( the bottom part is a wall so you shoulndt see his legs)

Bottom left - Tied up Belle (don't ask... just felt like draing that after i saw Rainbow Dash tied up)

Bottom right - A bicycle :p

Maybe i'll scan them later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom