• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Bakphoon said:
Bottom left - Tied up Belle (don't ask... just felt like draing that after i saw Rainbow Dash tied up)
RjqeW.png

FoxSpirit

Btw, "Anonymous-Austria" hacked the webpage of the FPÖ party. They said it was as a protest against their strictly right-wing politics, though they had hacked the left-wing SPÖ's webpage the week before.

The page got defaced. And how?

618VS.jpg

Aeyup.

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
FoxSpirit said:
Btw, "Anonymous-Austria" hacked the webpage of the FPÖ party. They said it was as a protest against their strictly right-wing politics, though they had hacked the left-wing SPÖ's webpage the week before.

The page got defaced. And how?

http://i.imgur.com/618VS.jpg[IMG]

Aeyup.[/QUOTE]
There's actually a bit more underneath the "pwned."

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YN6tS.jpg

Owlowiscious said:
i'd rather they didn't use mlp in their stuff
Same here. Ponies are about friendship, tolerance, and badassery, not vigilante hacking.

Quinnjaminn said:
Same here. Ponies are about friendship, tolerance, and badassery, not vigilante hacking.

I am so okay with ponies being used t oppose crypto-racist political parties.

CHEEZMO™ said:
4chan is at the heart of the MLP Internet fandom whether you like it or not.

I'm not sure that that's true anymore. Most of the influential content-creators, artists, musicians, and fanfic authors, have jumped ship to ponychan/fimchan and get most of their exposure from Equestria Daily. Meanwhile, the meme hasspread far enough that, while the single biggest community, 4chan finds itself dwarfed by the combined numbers of ponygaf, SA splinter groups, and other random message boards.

Equestria Daily is definitely the "center" of the fandom now.

Ultimoo said:
Why were you even gone? :O
Yeah, I've been wondering that myself lately too. Been a while since I've see ya in the thread here.
Master Milk said:
http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc395/mastermilk/pinkiecrazy.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Ehhh, everyone's got their own kinks. If tiff likes /d/ stuff then so be it. We had a pretty good discussion about stuff like that in the chat not too long ago.
Remember: Love and tolerate!

AdawgDaFAB said:
Ehhh, everyone's got their own kinks. If tiff likes /d/ stuff then so be it. We had a pretty good discussion about stuff like that in the chat not too long ago.
Remember: Love and tolerate!
I've got no problem with liking whatever, but that image sums up /d/ pretty well.

FoxSpirit

tiff said:
Outside of /a/ the board I'm most familiar with is /d/. So yeah.

I remember someone who browsed 4chan lightly, I sent him off to /d/. Hilarity ensued :-D

But yeah, I had times in my life where I browsed /d/ quite a bit. Nowadays I just read Brandish ;-)

McNum

So as I was baking muffins today, I realized something that had been bugging me about Pinkie's cupcakes song for a while. She uses salt? Now, I'll happily admit my muffin recipe isn't exactly what you'd call stock, but I'd never use salt in mine.

But on the bright side: Yay! Muffins!

I don't find anything wrong with a thread like that. Cheezmo is looking for legit discussion on it / reasons behind it and not just trying to make a hate topic or something.

Of course I've only read the first page so IDK what the thread turned into yet. Been busy, lol.

tiff

Banned
FoxSpirit said:
I remember someone who browsed 4chan lightly, I sent him off to /d/. Hilarity ensued :-D

But yeah, I had times in my life where I browsed /d/ quite a bit. Nowadays I just read Brandish ;-)
Yeah, I've gravitated away a bit towards just reading doujinshi, but /d/'s always good for a surprise every now and then.

meltingparappa said:
Read the first couple of responses, about what I expected, put someone on ignore, close the tab.

The premise is innocent enough a question, but subtlety consideration is not the strong suit of OT-GAF, for the most part.

Mostly I'm just upset that I'm too busy at work to cross-post a list of all the guests of honor at previous anthrocons and make a case for for "the worst of it does not represent all or even a majority of it" in any particular group. So many double trolls and "WELL I HEARD THIS ONCE, so your argument is wrong". Buh.

I'm glad at least one or two posters (including you, Myke) are bravelytaking up a nuanced shield to defend against the trolls horde that will inevitably pour into that thread.

McNum said:
So as I was baking muffins today, I realized something that had been bugging me about Pinkie's cupcakes song for a while. She uses salt? Now, I'll happily admit my muffin recipe isn't exactly what you'd call stock, but I'd never use salt in mine.
A bit of salt. Just a pinch.

McNum

Ah, right. I don't think I want to enhance the sweetness of my muffins, though. They're already pretty close to the tipping point. Then again, I flavor mine with something else as per the family secret muffin recipe. (Which was made by accident by my grandmother.)

FoxSpirit

AdawgDaFAB said:
Read? Isn't that a Falcom game series? Is it based on a non-gaming IP?

Also. But I prefer the manga, it's cute and fun and well drawn and mostyl care-free
and full of kinky sex. Succubus in love with the hero who is destined to destroy all demons. Plus she loves shotas like him, too bad for her he awakens to his adult form when demons are near. Still wants cuddly sex anyways. Includes horney princess and assistant female bodyguard sowrdsman.

ahoyhoy said:
Case in point:

take_5_wr.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LwG0frt9W8&hd=1

FoxSpirit said:
Also. But I prefer the manga, it's cute and fun and well drawn and mostyl care-free
and full of kinky sex. Succubus in love with the hero who is destined to destroy all demons. Plus she loves shotas like him, too bad for her he awakens to his adult form when demons are near. Still wants cuddly sex anyways. Includes horney princess and assistant female bodyguard sowrdsman.

Cool, I've never heard of this. IDK if I'd like it or not but I sure wasn't expecting that lol.

Is the game series and this manga separate but happen to have the same name or are they the same IP?

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
meltingparappa said:
The premise is innocent enough a question, but subtlety consideration is not the strong suit of OT-GAF, for the most part.

Mostly I'm just upset that I'm too busy at work to cross-post a list of all the guests of honor at previous anthrocons and make a case for for "the worst of it does not represent all or even a majority of it" in any particular group. So many double trolls and "WELL I HEARD THIS ONCE, so your argument is wrong". Buh.

I'm glad at least one or two posters (including you, Myke) are bravelytaking up a nuanced shield to defend against the trolls horde that will inevitably pour into that thread.
I'm actually glad that Cheezmo created that thread, it's something that would have no credibility whatsoever for OT dwellers had it been created by someone likely to be instantly associated with the target of the conversation (like myself). And believe me, I thought of a good way to put that same question multiple times without GAFfers going all Nelson "ha ha" on me.

Unfortunately, my contribution to that thread went totally unnoticed, even though I thought a little insight into the question by an anthro fan could be interesting for many of the people posting. Go figure.

Myke Greywolf said:
I'm actually glad that Cheezmo created that thread, it's something that would have no credibility whatsoever for OT dwellers had it been created by someone likely to be instantly associated with the target of the conversation (like myself). And believe me, I thought of a good way to put that same question multiple times without GAFfers going all Nelson "ha ha" on me.

Unfortunately, my contribution to that thread went totally unnoticed, even though I thought a little insight into the question by an anthro fan could be interesting for many of the people posting. Go figure.

As I said in the chat, people don't want to hear a voice of reason when they are set in their stubborn ways and ideals. Sadly posts like yours tend to get ignored far too often.

tiff

Banned
Ellis Kim said:
Cheezmo... D:

whywouldyoudothat.jpg
To be honest, past the first few responses it hasn't been that bad. There's slightly more tolerant people than I realized on GAF.

Internet arguments are my absolute least favorite thing in the world but sometimes I can't resist the siren's call.

Myke Greywolf said:
Personally, I've found that the more effort I put into a post the more likely it is to be ignored. I don't know why I bother anymore.

Myke Greywolf said:
Sadly it doesn't help that it was the bottom post on a 50-post per page count. I think that perhaps unlike the MLP thread, it's a far more polarizing issue and the haters feel much more free to say their piece and leave, and the people who feel neutral or positive on it will mostly lurk instead of trying to engage each other and change opinions.

MERCIFULLY there are plenty of measured responses in the thread for people to actually read if they want to understand, and you're right that is probably good to air it all out there and presumably keep it from mucking up a future MLP thread.

I was a fairly reticent on it being a good idea at first, but after seeing how much rope some posters go to show their bigotry I'm convinced that Cheezmo may be the world's most masterful troll by making that thread.

...or at least until a new crowd gets off of work and notices the thread, and the arguments become inevitably circular. STILL, much classier than I expected.

tiff said:
Personally, I've found that the more effort I put into a post the more likely it is to be ignored. I don't know why I bother anymore.
If it makes you feel any better, I certainly read posts I find incredibly insightful, but frequently their insightfulness back fires when I have absolutely nothing to add so I don't directly reply to them.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
meltingparappa said:
I'm convinced that Cheezmo may be the world's most masterful troll by making that thread.
8mfk6.gif

Don't worry Myke. People noticed you post.

They just didn't quote it because they couldn't think of anything to say in response. Like MP just said, actually.

CHEEZMO™ said:
They just didn't quote it because they couldn't think of anything to say in response. Like MP just said, actually.
I should note that was also true for most of the OT1 MLP posts by Myke.

Also most of the MLP OT2 posts in general! I've been so busy and this thread still moves at lightning speed!

Nishastra

Banned
tiff said:
It's some kind of law of inverse somethingorother. It probably doesn't help that the more effort I put into a post, the more I fret over whether I've written it all right, thus taking me forever to actually post it...

Also, I do really hate being ignored, so it's another reason for me to not participate in such threads :p

Also... a wild Miki appears!

tiff

Banned
Nishastra said:
It's some kind of law of inverse somethingorother. It probably doesn't help that the more effort I put into a post, the more I fret over whether I've written it all right, thus taking me forever to actually post it...
Haha, I'm the same. I'll let all sorts of typos through in my usual 1-2 sentence posts, but I often revise or completely rewrite my more substantial posts because I don't like how they turn out.

Nishastra said:
Also, I do really hate being ignored, so it's another reason for me to not participate in such threads :p
What really bugs me about those threads is when people post the most hateful shit about, say, transpeople, crossdressing, furries, people who like moé, etc. and being just totally powerless to do anything about it.

Nishastra said:
Also... a wild Miki appears!
Just making it official.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom