• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KtSlime

Regulus Tera said:
I hope he's not expecting any honmei-choco, cause he's not getting any.

At most, tomo-choco.

笑。
lol.gif

I've never read that in English before, somehow it works.

KtSlime

Thnikkaman said:
I don't get it.

In Japan* girls make chocolates for the boys/close friends. 本命チョコ (Favorite Chocolate) is given to a boy that a girl has a crush on, 友チョコ (Friend Chocolate) is given to friends. 義理チョコ (Obligatory Chocolate) is chocolate you give to people because of your social standing and relationships you wish to maintain.

Tera said that Myke is only going to get Friend Chocolate, and FTH said that Tera should get cheap obligatory chocolate (usually stuff found at a convenience store) for Myke instead.

*Forgot to add that this happens on Valentines Day, a month later boys return the favor on White day if they like the girl.

Neki

ivedoneyourmom said:
In Japan* girls make chocolates for the boys/close friends. 本命チョコ (Favorite Chocolate) is given to a boy that a girl has a crush on, 友チョコ (Friend Chocolate) is given to friends. 義理チョコ (Obligatory Chocolate) is chocolate you give to people because of your social standing and relationships you wish to maintain.

Tera said that Myke is only going to get Friend Chocolate, and FTH said that Tera should get cheap obligatory chocolate (usually stuff found at a convenience store) for Myke instead.

*Forgot to add that this happens on Valentines Day, a month later boys return the favor on White day if they like the girl.

txcVl.gif

Uchip

Banned
ivedoneyourmom said:

sounds like a ploy to increase their suffering birth rate

daffy

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
I'll get him some kuso-choco and he will like it.
:eek: hehehehe, that's just wrong!
ivedoneyourmom said:

nooooo, now he knows!

its all lies, lies!

KtSlime

Regulus Tera said:
>>implying Tales plots are not lowest common denominator animoo

I'm always surprised by the lack of basic Japanese knowledge by many of the people that watch anime. Tales of is especially Japanese, but many of the people that play the games must be completely oblivious to a lot of the cultural references that are in it.

Uchip: Nah, that's what 連れ込み宿 are for. (Love Hotels)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ultimoo said:
>> implying that you've played more than one Tales.

Joke's on you, I've played two.

ivedoneyourmom said:
Uchip: Nah, that's what 連れ込み宿 are for. (Love Hotels)

Means shit when men prefer 2D girls over 3D girls.[/shameless stereotyping]

Jintor

Sorry Ultimoo, that avatar is animoo as hell

hey i'vedone

teach me japanese :<

like, funnel it directly into my brain or something

KtSlime

Regulus Tera said:
Joke's on you, I've played two.

Means shit when men prefer 2D girls over 3D girls.[/shameless stereotyping]

&#20108;&#27425;&#20803;&#35023; is especially frightening (No, I never visit 2chan, never ever...)

Jintor: &#32244;&#32722;&#12375;&#12394;&#12373;&#12356;&#65281; Practice! (read this in the voice of your second grade teacher)

Sure, I can help, but it will take effort on your part.

Neki

Jintor said:
Sorry Ultimoo, that avatar is animoo as hell

hey i'vedone

teach me japanese :<

like, funnel it directly into my brain or something

Just because of the art style? Do not approve.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Uchip said:
sounds like a ploy to increase their suffering birth rate
The whole thing is so convoluted that it probably has the opposite effect.

Anyway, any chocolate is good chocolate. I'm just glad that you liked it. :)

Darte said:
Adorable, but the pose, muzzle and ear shape make her look like a puppy. Pony ears are tricky business.

KtSlime

Myke Greywolf said:
The whole thing is so convoluted that it probably has the opposite effect.

Anyway, any chocolate is good chocolate. I'm just glad that you liked it. :)

Adorable, but the pose and ear shape make her look like a puppy. Pony ears are tricky business.

Don't take the kuso choco, any other should be fine though...

And I thought she looked like a puppy, or a fox. LOL.

Cheerilee

ivedoneyourmom said:
In Japan* girls make chocolates for the boys/close friends. &#26412;&#21629;&#12481;&#12519;&#12467; (Favorite Chocolate) is given to a boy that a girl has a crush on, &#21451;&#12481;&#12519;&#12467; (Friend Chocolate) is given to friends. &#32681;&#29702;&#12481;&#12519;&#12467; (Obligatory Chocolate) is chocolate you give to people because of your social standing and relationships you wish to maintain.

I learned that in the late 90's when a friend lent me Season of Sakura. Learned a bunch of other stuff too.

Choppasmith said:
more awesome humanizations from the Living Machine

tGJo1m.jpg

Can't regonize the lady in the upper left.

The selections get more obscure with each batch. I can only identify 3-4 of them. ;__;

burningranger

Neo Member
Choppasmith said:
more awesome humanizations from the Living Machine

tGJo1m.jpg

Can't regonize the lady in the upper left.

Upper Left to Right: Clown-Hair Pony, Old Salty from Appaloosa, Buffalo Chief, Nurse Redheart
Lower Left to Right: Mr. Breezy, Derpy, Bon Bon (is my guess although I'm probably wrong), and the balloon popping pony

AdawgDaFAB said:
The selections get more obscure with each batch. I can only identify 3-4 of them. ;__;

Well adding to burningrangers ID of the top left (thanks) the other characters are (clockwise) Salty (the "drunk on salt" pony in Over a Barrel), Chief Thunderhooves, Nurse Redheart, Pokey Pierce, The Rani, Cloud Kicker, Davenport.

EDIT Ah, you're right Burningranger, the one on the bottom left is Mr Breezy, my bad.

burningranger

Neo Member
The Rani makes sense for the one I thought was bon bon. I just thought it might have been her due to her striped hair and the deep voice she had when dealing with AJ and Apple Bloom in the market. She just looked kinda ticked in that scene.

Good grief, I can't keep up with all these fan names. Too many to memorize. XD

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
ivedoneyourmom said:
Don't take the kuso choco, any other should be fine though...

And I thought she looked like a puppy, or a fox. LOL.
B-b-but delicious chocolate...

Wait, is that compound chocolate? Because seriously, buck that shit!

And since you mentioned that Fluttershy looking like a fox, I guess it's a combination of the ears and the muzzle.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Huh? I didn't notice that. What did he post? o_o

EDIT: Nevermind, I have Undo Close Tab. Holy shit o_O

Neki

Yo, let's not start a Tales discussion here, or I'll kill you. All jRPG have bad stories, except for Chrono Trigger. :p

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Now, those Sonic Paradox abridged episodes are good and all, but true greatness regarding pony parody is to be found elsewhere:

My Little Pony: The (Abridged) Mentally Advanced Series

Best enjoyed when aware that it is all made by one single guy.

Feel free to scold me if this has been posted before, after which I will pretend to be devastated and disingenuously mutter "B-b-b-but I just wanted to share..."

OMG Aero

I'm really sorry Tiff and Calpain but unless there are more people who can't make it, this week's Synchtube is going to be tonight at midnight BST. If it's any consolation, I'll put the playlist on the second room as soon as it finishes so you can watch the same episodes and fan videos when you want and regardless of whether I have the internet back or not, next week's Synchtube will be at the normal time on Saturday night if someone else can cover for me.
Ookami-kun said:
We need a Medic pony now.
Fluttershy is credit to team.

Myke Greywolf said:
Now, those Sonic Paradox abridged episodes are good and all, but true greatness regarding pony parody is to be found elsewhere:

My Little Pony: The (Abridged) Mentally Advanced Series

Feel free to scold me if this has been posted before, after which I will pretend to be devastated and disingenuously mutter "B-b-b-but I just wanted to share..."
I love this series but I put the first and second episodes of it on Synchtube a while back and most people didn't seem to like it.
6jC9z.jpg

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
OMG Aero said:
I love this series but I put the first and second episodes of it on Synchtube a while back and most people didn't seem to like it.
6jC9z.jpg
Really? Well, I'm sure I wasn't there at the time, and I think it is really great. I'd be for including more of it in the playlists.

See you PonyGAFfers on Synchtube tonight, then!

OMG Aero said:
Fluttershy is credit to team.
On that note... with TF2 being free now, anyone know where to go some good pony mods for it(or even just generally useful mods, especially one that makes it run faster on shit computers)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom